TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine got sprayed (albeit not in large quantities) with battery acid when the battery to his truck blew up on him while he was checking the engine to see why we had broken down. We took to calling him "Harvey Dent" after that; needless to say, he was not amused.

Off Topic, Who's going to see The Dark Knight Rises anytime soon? Looks like a great movie. EDIT: My wishes go out to the families of the recent massacre.

On Topic, When I was waiting in Line for Lex Luthor, the GP were already saying that people have died on Lex. I reminded them that the ride just opened and they kept saying "Stop talking to me". Considering that these 2 girls looked as if they were in there 30s, they could have came up with a more mature response.

I was watching a POV of Nitro and I found these comments:

So it's pretty much Silver Star in yellow and red.
ripoff of the millenium force........
isnt Great Adventure in Chicago or in Baltimore?

This is pretty much the same as The Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland..

the biggest drop ever
It's an o.k. rife but it does have any twists or loops.But still it's a good ride
O.O Is this higher than kingda ka? cuz it looks like it is higher

I don't know if this has already been said already but on the theme park review video of Texas Giant a person put

"That's not even airtime what he is doing is jumping makes me so mad right now." (sorry I couldn't find the exact quote I think it was deleted) anyone else see this.

Robb don't you know not to jump on coasters.

Riding the Star Tower last Sunday, overhearing some GP talking about the construction:

GP1: I think it may be something for more parking.

GP2: Why would they do more parking structures if there's one already right there?

Ride ends and I ask them: "Wondering what's going in there?" *Pulls up photo of GCI on iPhone* "This!"

GP *Shocked*

I don't know if this has already been said already but on the theme park review video of Texas Giant a person put

"That's not even airtime what he is doing is jumping makes me so mad right now." (sorry I couldn't find the exact quote I think it was deleted) anyone else see this.

Robb don't you know not to jump on coasters.

One thing you don't need to do to get air on the New Texas Giant is "jump."

about a month ago, while in line for Italian job at kd, a kid noticed my Intimidator shirt and said "man, that ride was only good the first week it opened when it went 120mph, it now sucks because they added trims and it only goes 70mph". brilliant, and this kid wasn't even a gp because he wouldn't shut up about the LIM's on Italian job...

Maybe the GP member was from Canada talking about Kilometers per hour on the final airtime hills.

Some comments I found from this video:

Bro top thrill dragster in Ohio at six flags goes 0-120 in 3 seconds
Worls fastest is : Ferrari attraction 240 in 4.5 Seconds !!

Here is a whole little argument

this is not the fastest top thrill dragster is way faster 0 to 150 mph in 4 seconds.
ha fail, its only 120 in 4 secs
your the fail! 120 is the meters dumbo
no the stats are 120 mp/h, 430ft high retard

on a i305 video

This is just Skyrush from Hershey park!
its amazing i rode this twice yesterday right when we got to carowinds..its intense
this coaster is not imtemedating it looks like a 5 year old would go on that
this ride is cool i guess.....they need to put 100 more feet onthe drop , but hey...watchya gonna do
it was a lot higher but someone died on it because it was to high so they had to make it shorte

Overheard in line for the Hi-Lo Silos today:

"Mommy, what's that roller coaster?" (Kid pointing at Outlaw Run, clearly visible even over the large fence)

"That's Powder Keg, but it looks like it isn't running today. I wonder why they would have shut it down?"

I guess the world really is ready for a launched wooden coaster....

While in line for Mission Space in WDW Epcot,

(Talking about the large, spinning model in the beginning of the queue)

"That wasn't there when I rode this ride yesterday"

~ yes, it was just magically dropped right into the queue in less than 24 hours!!

In line for CGA's Star Tower (Observation Tower), I heard some kids ask their parents: "Does this go up and then drop you down?" (Just seconds before, the cabin was just coming back down to the station).

Riding the Star Tower and getting off, ride op tells us to exit this direction (for us to go around the perimeter of the cabin, ride op directly also instructed us kindly that we'd have to go back around) when everyone else was wanting to go opposite. After telling them multiple times that we need to unload the other way, they *finally* clued in. I felt like I was speaking some foreign unheard-of language or something.

Then, the grand finale, line jumpers/cutters who just blatantly just pushed past us, not to meet up with anyone but just because they were entitled to do such. Annoyed, I opened my mouth up and told them that they need to go back to the end, they can't just do that and this is not going to happen. After getting the 'stupid face' as I call it from them, other GP in line also speak up in my defense. After finally threatening to let one of the attendants know, they slowly but surely slipped their way to the back of the line for that given row. So yea, I just gained some more XP from fending off some line jumpers!

A friend of mine told me this one, but he said he overheard a\this conversation in line for Log Jammer at Kennywood after they cut down the trees in between it and Racer. "Hey, did you notice this area looks more open? Do you know why?" "no." "well, I saw on the news that they picked up the ride and moved it over 20 feet!" "Really? Why would they do that?" "I don't know, but it sure makes this area look better!" Yes, they really thought that Kennywood had moved the Log Jammer over 20 feet