TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

I really hate it when people call the ride trains, cars. For example, when someone says, "There are two cars running," I really want to flip out on them and say they are called trains and the ride has FIVE cars on each of the TWO trains.

My mom and I are both enthusiasts but she will call the trains "cars" sometimes.

"

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate it when people call the ride trains, cars. For example, when someone says, "There are two cars running," I really want to flip out on them and say they are called trains and the ride has FIVE cars on each of the TWO trains.

Haha, I feel you're pain, I really do. I kind of treat those situation like I'm speaking with someone who has uses a different dialect. For example, if someone were to ask me "are they running 2 cars on this", I would first bite my tongue, then nod and say "why yes, yes they are." I know what they mean, they know what they mean, and I can answer correctly.

The whole car/train thing. For me, it depends on the amount of actual cars on a train. For a Eurofighter, I know it's made up of two single articulated cars, but I still call the whole unit a car and not a train. Needless to say with something like a B&M invert, I say a train. I guess it can be, at times, subjective but there are occasions when saying 'car' is stupid. But that's really pedantic, regardless.

The whole car/train thing. For me, it depends on the amount of actual cars on a train. For a Eurofighter, I know it's made up of two single articulated cars, but I still call the whole unit a car and not a train. Needless to say with something like a B&M invert, I say a train. I guess it can be, at times, subjective but there are occasions when saying 'car' is stupid. But that's really pedantic, regardless.

I'm glad that I watch Family Guy so I'm exposed to words like pedantic. I'd have otherwise read that post and had to have looked up pedantic in the dictionary. I love you Peter Griffin.

Single car operation... 'Nuff said!

Top Gun/Flight Deck/Afterburn?

Yup, it is! Actually I just swapped out the image to a photoshopped real Flight Deck that I had (forgot I had it).

^That actually looks like fun. (I know that physics probably wouldn't allow that to work.)

My engineering and physics knowledge would have to say that it would get to the barrel roll. Ok, maybe I'm not that knowledgeable in that field A test on No Limits made it to the barrel roll and valleyed just past that.

From a yahoo "story" about the 7 best kid friendly parks:

I never been to sixflags. I have planned on going but i never went. Once i went to wescoinent dells and i went on zeus and next to my freind i almost lost my flipper and fell out the rollercoaster it was fun go there go see for ur self and if u were my size then u would know why u would fly out this rollercoaster and the wind just flowing fast and strongly u would now why u would lean upwards and almost flip over to the seat in front of u.( that didnt happen i almost tippedover though)

I always lose my flipper on roller coasters!!

On Coasterforce's Nemesis POV:

when i went on this my seat came loose on the big loop and i flew in the air then landed back in my seat again at the bottom, everyone cheered and i got free tickets for life

Really? I mean, really?

Most likely a troll.

On Coasterforce's Nemesis POV:

when i went on this my seat came loose on the big loop and i flew in the air then landed back in my seat again at the bottom, everyone cheered and i got free tickets for life

Really? I mean, really?

Really? I mean, really?

That's what I say to you actually believing that the person was serious.

One of Yahoo!'s trending searches: Disney Cars theme park... Not Cars Land, Disney Cars theme park

Sort of like the huge Harry Potter theme park in Florida that I keep telling people is not actually a full fledged theme park, but merely an area OF a theme park.

wescoinent dells

As someone from the Dairyland... What?? I hope they were trying to just sound really stupid (which annoys the heck out of me) instead of actually being that stupid (which annoys the heck out of me too).

And not to try to be a backseat moderator, but remember this is more for the really weird things you hear, not just every dumb comment you see on a coaster video (I've learned not to read comments in any video I watch, for the sake of my own sanity). It's just a little tiring to click on the thread and see just another dumb comment from a video.

Like the post from someone much earlier in the thread when someone was being asked if they could change the weather at Disney. That was pretty weird.

^ If anyone has a problem with this I can edit the post.

One of Yahoo!'s trending searches: Disney Cars theme park... Not Cars Land, Disney Cars theme park

Sort of like the huge Harry Potter theme park in Florida that I keep telling people is not actually a full fledged theme park, but merely an area OF a theme park.

That is exactly what I was thinking of when I posted this.

- "Expedition Everest has 3 loops inside the mountain!!!!"

Let me tell you what, that intense backwards spiral inside the mountain certainly feels like an inversion.

Before reading this thread I never noticed anyone say anything ridiculous but I was never listening either. I witnessed my first "someone died on this coaster moment" (Silver Comet at Fantasy Island) and I can't believe how common these remarks are! I guess I'm going to have to start eavesdropping on the GP from now on to get a laugh or two!

- "Expedition Everest has 3 loops inside the mountain!!!!"

Let me tell you what, that intense backwards spiral inside the mountain certainly feels like an inversion.

I do have to agree. It's very forceful.