TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just remembered this from a while ago. I was talking to my friend about the possibility of a looping wooden roller coaster. I told him about Son of Beast. He then said that there was one and it shut down because when they were on the loop, it stalled and the train fell from the top of the loop right to the bottom and everybody died. Kids these days.

Check out this week's Random Rollercoaster! The X at Six Flags Magic Mountain received a massive makeover in 2008 and became the X2 - completely repainted, new seats that spin you 360 degrees, and a pair of flame throwers... This ride is AWESOME, you have to check it out!!

Post by the official Warner Bros Movie World page. Not sure what irks me so much about the post, maybe the fact they called X2 "the X2". And the way they're describing it, it's like they're saying the seats didn't spin before the transformation to X2?

I'm just nit-picking, aren't I?

Okay, I was on YouTube and someone said SooperDooperLooper had two loops when it was open.

Random Person: yeah it has two loops it did when my mom was little

Me: No, it never did, never has, never will.

Random Person: oh yeah sure my mom said it did

Me *rolls eyes* Idiot.

Comment on a flickr picture of The Ultimate at Lightwater Valley:

my son and daughter and their friends died on their i miss them soo much u think a mother would have said this as a joke u all might aswell save ur selfs u dont want to be the next person dieying on their and being dead and coming on their news and ur love ones crying for u im today right nw still crying for my love ones

The account name was "OMG I STILL MISS THEM"

Uh...

^That person's grammar just makes them look like a troll.

Well I was in line for Volcano at KD the other day and I overheard a conversation between 2 guys saying this,

Guy 1: I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM GOING ON THIS RIDE! SOMEONE ONCE CAUGHT ON FIRE ON IT!

Guy 2: Dude it's fine, that only happened because the train launched so fast the fire was still coming out when it came out of the mountain!

I just want to punch people in the face sometimes...

Before I write up my CGA report, I figure I'll go ahead and share my GP activities I unwillingly encountered.

1- Watching more non Fast Lane guests using the Fast Lane (and climb a long set of stairs) only to be told they have to go around and use the regular line.

2- Guests behind us attempting to take our seats...in fact, 1 kid was pushing up against me at the air gate to race to the seat as much as him and his friend wouldn't quite fit in a 2-person row. My cousin sitting in the row behind me (trying to avoid the linked lapbar problem) wasn't so lucky and got her seat taken as she was putting our stuff in the cubbies. I kindly told them that they took her seat but they looked at me like I was speaking in some stange alien language.

3- Spitting guests...'nuff said. Anyone spitting on a ride deserves to get popped in the mouth. Unfortunately, I was nailed by a decent sized wad of spit right above the eye. Yea...gross...

I had a guest yesterday come up to me and say, "I have a serious question that I really need you to answer for me" he sounded so serious, but I had to force the laughter in when his question ended up being "What gender is Snoopy?" when I answered "Male" he asked in all seriousness, "Why was he dancing with Charlie Brown??" it became way more difficult to not laugh when explaining to him that Snoopy is his dog.

Hershey park just always seems like it's throwing in roller coasters to break records. Fahrenheit beat maverick but Maverick was twice as long and featured a launch while Fahrenheit wasn't very good. I just think Hershey parks wants to have the most roller coasters record but all their roller coasters are only about a minute. Magic mountain and cedar point have 2 min roller coasters and I prefer those parks more any day and chocolate bars won't change that. I hope I have "shattered the glass" o

Found on TPR's amazing Skyrush POV.

Really, I don't like how people compare rides just by one element they share. Fahrenheit & Maverick are two extremely different rides and both have very different budgets. Also, I don't know how they get their "2 minute roller coasters" as the duration can be measured in different ways.

I had a guest yesterday come up to me and say, "I have a serious question that I really need you to answer for me" he sounded so serious, but I had to force the laughter in when his question ended up being "What gender is Snoopy?" when I answered "Male" he asked in all seriousness, "Why was he dancing with Charlie Brown??" it became way more difficult to not laugh when explaining to him that Snoopy is his dog.

What gender is Peppermint Patty?

Seriously, has this dude been living under a rock? Even my young nieces clueless about the Peanuts would have figured all of that one out (being that Snoopy is Charlie Brown's dog, and that Snoopy is male).

Seriously, has this dude been living under a rock? Even my young nieces clueless about the Peanuts would have figured all of that one out (being that Snoopy is Charlie Brown's dog, and that Snoopy is male).

I doubt this person knows that Tweety is male.

I doubt this person knows that Tweety is male.

Ok, going a bit off topic here but you know Ash Ketchum from the Pokemon series...you know he's actually voiced by a female?

A few more to add on that I just remembered from yesterday:

In line for Flying Eagles, I hear some kid say "I thought I was going to slip out!"

Later in the day, I hear a general conversation about Demon and it's "Loop-dee-loops." I thought to myself 'ok, just loop-de-loops, typical stuff going on...' then I hear them comparing Demon to Flight Deck and how they're alike. They're 2 different ride experiences by 2 different manufacturers.

Lastly, though not really a stupid thing but I thought it was kind of funny because it was true. Riding Vortex, this lady taking her kid on for the first time asks Rolercstrluvr and I if they can take the 2 inner seats so they won't get such a brutal/bangy ride (and to make their young one feel more comfortable). After telling them that it was fine, I told them that the outsides are pretty rough especially as you get closer towards the back of the train. The lady agreed and said that that's why they wanted the inner seats so that the kid's first ride experience wouldn't be a bad one. At the end of the ride, I told them that now that the kid's done Vortex, it's time to hit up Flight Deck though her kid shook his head, not ready for it.

Indeed, it was more-so funny because of how his tone was when talking, I was half expecting some sort of complaint because they had to cut off the meet and greet line due to it being too long, but alas it was for a more hard hitting world impacting question

From Yahoo:

At Thorpe Park, ultimate fastback, costing £70, is for use on the day of purchase only, and they write the date on the wristband, but when you go onto rides, they don't look at the wristband closely, so could you quite easily get away with using the same ultimate fastrack for a couple more days. I don't feel bad about it because Thorpe Park are making so much money anyway!

Again, Movieworld have posted a very GPish post for random rollercoaster of the week. This time it was Thunder Dolphin. I was surprised that they included the manufacturer by saying "Thunder Dolphin Intamin Hyper Roller Coaster" until I realised that that's the title of the video. Does the person who makes these facebook posts honestly think the name of the ride is "Thunder Dolphin Intamin Hyper Roller Coaster"?

Today during my math class, we got off topic and started talking about theme parks. So some kid says when he was riding "The Everest Escape" at "Animal's Walt Disney World" the track was broken and the ride flew off the tracks and the only reason why everyone was okay was because they landed in the water at the bottom of the mountain! I asked him "Where was the track broken?" he said "It was right after the loop". After that I told him that the broken track was apart of the ride and you don't actually go over it. He got so pissed off at me because everyone in my school knows I know about roller coasters so everyone in my class started laughing at him and he was pretty pissed off at me.

When standing in line for The New Texas Giant a couple of kids had the great debate of what the coaster is classified as. One kid was adamit it was Wood, because he pointed to the structure and said something like "Look! Wood!". The other kid with the straightest face and most dead serious voice "NO! It is obviously electric!" The discussion then went on to something along the lines of it having to be electric because of all the wires that make it run. When we get to the station the kid points to the track and says "See, electric!"

The debate is over guys, NTAG is electric. I saw it with my own eyes. Guess we can't count it as a credit anymore.