TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, why do the GP put "the" before EVERY name? Just a pet peeve, but it drives me crazy.

Today I rode The The Grizzly and The The Demon Hey, may as well tack on an extra "The" on the rides that have "The" in its name.

Speaking of which, I heard a couple: One riding the park's Bayern Kurve ride Berserker, some kid had this little toy parachute thing. Excited, he randomly says "I'm gonna use this parachute to slow the ride down!!!"

Ride op comes by and tells him to make sure he hangs onto that because if it falls, it won't be retrieved. Ride cycles. After the ride's done, the kid repeatedly tells the op in an excited manner "Hey, I didn't lose it! I didn't lose it!" while the op is still in mid spiel. After he gets off, he runs up to the booth and makes sure he's heard.

Also, I saw a kid decide to pop his head out the side of Flight Deck's restraints while in the brakerun. He must have *just* met the height requirement and I would have hated to see him do this during the ride because he would have been called out on it and informed the operators. We don't need angered parents suing the park because their kid was ignorant and stuck his head out the sides of the restraints and hurt himself or slip out.

Lastly, I heard people saying "Everyone's up at the front because it goes faster up there!" (Which is completely opposite to what I've always heard). So during the ride, I was joking around, saying that the back of the train's trying it's hardest to keep up with the front but appears to be maintaining the same distance during the entire ride, then saying "We did a pretty good job keeping up with the front!"

From TPR's Two Face video

it looks like sidewinder from hershey park ecxept different tracks

I wonder what it was like on each side. :o

Each side? It's only one track!

Be ready this year for this ride to be at Dorney Park in PA now called the stinger.

Nope, not this actual ride.

You gotta give some of these people a break, they don't sit at a computer all day and learn roller coaster facts. Someone sitting next to a launced ride claiming it goes around 100mph is by no means stupid or ignorant, they simply see a huge train launching from a standstill to atop a 200 foot tall crest in a matter of seconds and are simply amazed, so they exlaim "Wow, that must go 100mph!!." If I didn't know about launched roller coasters, that would seem unbelieveable to me. I wouldn't go posting on a message board, "L0lz that person iz stupid, it g0es 78.843 mph hahaa wut a loser how culd they not know!>!?!##@"

These people aren't stupid, they just aren't as informed. To this day I still see roller coasters as incredible pieces of technology despite the fact I know how they work. The "GP" are equally as amazed, and there's no problem with them asking questions simply because they aren't familiar with how a ride works. It's just like me asking a question to someone who loves cars, my question may come across as stupid since they are knowledgeable in their subject, but it doesn't give them a right to judge me and post about how stupid I am simply because we all have our different areas of interest. I'm sure every single person peoplele have commented about in this thread are much more knowledgeable in a different subject than you, how would you feel if the situation was flipped?

^That is true, looking back on what I wrote, I just ranted on... I apologize.

That comment (or paragraphs, I should say ) were mostly aimed at people who criticize others on their "stupidity." I completely understand having a little laugh at something someone has said that you know is wrong, I just don't think it's right to criticize others about it.

The stuff I like to poke fun at are the things that are blatantly obvious that they deny or question such as "does this ride go upside down?, We'll get stuck in the loops if the power goes out.." or stupid/farfetched statements like "Somebody died on this last week when the train jumped the tracks but landed back on the tracks before coming back into the station."

So I'm looking at all the ride videos for SFOG, and I got these:

From Mindbender POV:

this ride reminds me of revolution at 6 flags magic mountain if you compared them both I would say this 1 wins but only because it has 2 loops anyone else agrees with me yeah I know I'm pretty but I'm talking about the roller coasters!*

What?

From Goliath POV:

Is that the goliath thats opening in sfne? ?

Wow...

From Georgia Scorcher POV:

yah ino noones screaming cuz itz a test run

Right...

From Georgia Cyclone POV:

When I went with Church youth group last summer, it stopped on the last hill, and we were just sitting almost vertical for almost ten minutes!!!!!

That's impossible...

From Ninja POV:

totally the opposite of what I thought this was going to be when I clicked on the link. That is so much better than Ninja at MM. I mean I like it but this one looks so much more fun

You're comparing an Arrow suspended to a Vekoma sit-down...

From Dahlonega Mine Train POV:

this ride has a loop

Where exactly did you see a loop?

From GASM POV:

I think it's funny how the dude riding the rollercoaster can't scream!!

Not everyone wants to scream you know...

From Batman POV:

B&m is lazy they have like 10 batman clones why couldn't they just make other inverted coaster design

It's not their fault.

The GP went wild with this video:

Some amazing comments:

ATLEAST 1 PERSON GOT INJURED OR KILLED ON THE SON OF BEAST...SO DANGEROUS

dude mf is the

the best coaster in the world why is it number 4?

Shouldn't Diomondback be on here!?!?!?!?!

DarkPlace89 1 year ago

no diamondback is stupid!

2011neversaynever 1 year ago

Some valuable coaster discussion.

Dueling Dragons is a really poor example of an inverted coaster track wise. Without the duel track "Racing" theme it wouldn't be good at all.

I guess B&M Inverts are horrible if they don't race.

what bout sheikra... it owns superman

cool but millenium force should be #1 couse thats the best coaster in the world

I'm seeing a theme going on.

You might think im wrong when i say this but you know how people say that KK coppied TTD?Their right BUT dont get mad because heres an example.Mcdonalds is intamin.the customer is six flags.intamin only makes the rides! they cant copy them selfs i know that but they cant say no.so thats how sf coppied.it might be hard to understand but its right.so are we cool?

They had to change superman into bizzaro after a man was killed on it a few years ago smh

What's with name changes resulting in deaths? I posted a similar quote a few pages back.

ive never been to six flags either . Go to cedar point ok.its a fantastic place.i liked six flags until kingda ka.

The two coasters where built by the same company, so f**king idiot.

This about TTD & KK. You think we are mean to the GP, GP are mean to GP.

Too bad Son of beast is no longer running. They should have closed the beast. my god I road that a few weeks ago and it kicked my a**.

This is through reading 12 pages of pointless comments. For your pleasure!

You gotta give some of these people a break, they don't sit at a computer all day and learn roller coaster facts. Someone sitting next to a launced ride claiming it goes around 100mph is by no means stupid or ignorant, they simply see a huge train launching from a standstill to atop a 200 foot tall crest in a matter of seconds and are simply amazed, so they exlaim "Wow, that must go 100mph!!." If I didn't know about launched roller coasters, that would seem unbelieveable to me. I wouldn't go posting on a message board, "L0lz that person iz stupid, it g0es 78.843 mph hahaa wut a loser how culd they not know!>!?!##@"

These people aren't stupid, they just aren't as informed. To this day I still see roller coasters as incredible pieces of technology despite the fact I know how they work. The "GP" are equally as amazed, and there's no problem with them asking questions simply because they aren't familiar with how a ride works. It's just like me asking a question to someone who loves cars, my question may come across as stupid since they are knowledgeable in their subject, but it doesn't give them a right to judge me and post about how stupid I am simply because we all have our different areas of interest. I'm sure every single person peoplele have commented about in this thread are much more knowledgeable in a different subject than you, how would you feel if the situation was flipped?

I think as others said we're really only pissed off by the completely stupid remarks. Remarks that aren't due to a lack of coaster knowledge, but a lack of common sense. I also hate when people compare two coasters simply because theyre both inverted or both launch ect or that a ride sucks because it doesnt have teh loop de loops. One of my pet peves is when a GP acts like they know everything about coasters. Like when someone comments on a POV that TPR posted and say "omg dis is (coaster at park) not (actual coaster in video) u retard" or "y did u say loop de loop thats a corkscrew idiot"

I think as others said we're really only pissed off by the completely stupid remarks. Remarks that aren't due to a lack of coaster knowledge, but a lack of common sense. I also hate when people compare two coasters simply because theyre both inverted or both launch ect or that a ride sucks because it doesnt have teh loop de loops. One of my pet peves is when a GP acts like they know everything about coasters. Like when someone comments on a POV that TPR posted and say "omg dis is (coaster at park) not (actual coaster in video) u retard" or "y did u say loop de loop thats a corkscrew idiot"

Exactly! I couldn't have put in better words. My family doesn't know coaster facts galore, but they say things that make sense. These comments are from people that really don't know what they're talking about and recieve information from very unreliable sources.

^ Yep, my mum knows nothing about coasters but she knows the "cart" won't fly off and kill her.

Found this on the Leviathan POV

During the test run because of the weather and because they did not want to push it for the first run they had the brakes on and did not let it get up to full speed. I am sure when the ride is running this summer and when people are riding it, it will go the full 186mph

186mph? Come on, even my Mum shook her head at that one. I can understand someone seeing a coaster that's big and fast and assuming it has a high top speed, maybe 100mph, but 186 is just incredibly unrealistic.

^ Yep, my mum knows nothing about coasters but she knows the "cart" won't fly off and kill her.

Found this on the Leviathan POV

During the test run because of the weather and because they did not want to push it for the first run they had the brakes on and did not let it get up to full speed. I am sure when the ride is running this summer and when people are riding it, it will go the full 186mph

186mph? Come on, even my Mum shook her head at that one. I can understand someone seeing a coaster that's big and fast and assuming it has a high top speed, maybe 100mph, but 186 is just incredibly unrealistic.

There was a discussion of how the person was wrong and knew nothing of coasters and then they said the website said it. It was really no commen sense to think that if it shows as just say 186 kmh, that it is 186 mph.

I read the comments, I found this really funny statement a GP thought of:

I thought the brake run was just a mid-course block but nope, lol, it's like they ran out of money developing it and said "the hell with it, that's the end"