TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

On TPR's Two Face Roller Coaster Front Seat POV Inverted Boomerang Six Flags America 1999 someone posted:

Lokes1890: Sad six flags magic mountain took off dejavu

Another!

On TPR's Batman The Ride Roller Coaster Front Seat POV Six Flags Over Texas 1999 someone posted:

did you guys know cartoon network owns six flags cause of the looney toons charecters and scoby doo and all of the super heros and thats why cartoon network goes to six flags every year and film for tv this summers at six flags over texas.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Viper at SFMM today:

"This used to be the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the world! Now it's really slow"

(At the top of the lift): "I think it still is the tallest.. nevermind.. X2 is the tallest"

The funniest thing is that there are two taller coasters in the same park.

On sharpproductions Mantis(HD POV) Cedar Point video:

the mantis thing is old i wish they would paint this greena dn new carts and call it green lantern

I thought painting a coaster a new color would only fool the peeps of RCT into thinking that it was a new and better ride. I guess a couple of them have escaped from the game!

On sharpproductions Mantis(HD POV) Cedar Point video:

the mantis thing is old i wish they would paint this greena dn new carts and call it green lantern

I thought painting a coaster a new color would only fool the peeps of RCT into thinking that it was a new and better ride. I guess a couple of them have escaped from the game!

Roller Coaster 3 looks to intense for me!

Roller Coaster 3 looks to intense for me!

I don't want to go on Roller Coaster 1! It isn't safe!

From the Leviathan POV

Check out Alton towers... Those are real roller coasters, what Canada's wonders land is putting out just doesn't compare at all. There isnt even a loop or spin like c'mon seriously....dissapointment

You heard it here first, Leviathan isn't a real coaster. Sorry for all the hype everyone, if only it had a loop or a spin.

From the Leviathan POV
Check out Alton towers... Those are real roller coasters, what Canada's wonders land is putting out just doesn't compare at all. There isnt even a loop or spin like c'mon seriously....dissapointment

Well, that means one fewer person in front of me in line! They can waste all the time they want doing loopty-loops on Flight Deck!

These people are BREEDING with each other and creating a new generation of absolute idiots. We really need to go to drastic measures to stop this, like, now.

Edited by australianalex

These people are BREEDING with each other and creating a new generation of absolute idiots. We really need to go to drastic measures to stop this, like, now.

Stuff them in the Six Flags mandatory ride-lockers, they're a loose article.

From the Leviathan POV

Well, that means one fewer person in front of me in line! They can waste all the time they want doing loopty-loops on Flight Deck!

I love Alton Towers, but it's too bad that local restrictions won't let them build a ride like Leviathan (unless they put it in a very deep hole).

Edited by cfc

Today I overheard a bunch of kids arguing about whether or not Flight of Fear is made of wood. They eventually all settled on the fact that it was.

This is inexcusable even by GP standards. I would assume that there's a general consensus for what a 'wooden roller coaster' is: Chain lift hill, PTC cars, a fairly spread-out layout, and no inversions. Flight of Fear has none of these elements. I would love to have heard the thought process that led them to conclude that a coaster that launches you from a standstill into 4 inversions and an incredibly twisted layout (all in a building not much bigger than a McDonald's PlayPlace) is made of wood.

(all in a building not much bigger than a McDonald's PlayPlace) is made of wood.

I think Flight of Fear's building is MUCH bigger than a McDonald's PlayPlace. I don't know what playplaces you have been to, but they're not extremely large.

Today I overheard a bunch of kids arguing about whether or not Flight of Fear is made of wood. They eventually all settled on the fact that it was.

This is inexcusable even by GP standards. I would assume that there's a general consensus for what a 'wooden roller coaster' is: Chain lift hill, PTC cars, a fairly spread-out layout, and no inversions. Flight of Fear has none of these elements. I would love to have heard the thought process that led them to conclude that a coaster that launches you from a standstill into 4 inversions and an incredibly twisted layout (all in a building not much bigger than a McDonald's PlayPlace) is made of wood.

The arguments for why it wasn't made of wood weren't much better. They were saying things like "wood can't bend, that's why nobody's made wood coasters in like 50 years."

The arguments for why it wasn't made of wood weren't much better. They were saying things like "wood can't bend, that's why nobody's made wood coasters in like 50 years."

I guess they never rode the Grizzly, it's very "bendy".

Went to Universal Studios Hollywood yesterday with a few people I knew. As we were going down the escalators, they were talking about the Transformers ride. They were saying that they heard the Japan version was good. They were saying that Transformers was a roller coaster with loops that went 60mph. In a small building? Really?

imawesome1124 wrote:This is inexcusable even by GP standards. I would assume that there's a general consensus for what a 'wooden roller coaster' is: Chain lift hill, PTC cars, a fairly spread-out layout, and no inversions. Flight of Fear has none of these elements. I would love to have heard the thought process that led them to conclude that a coaster that launches you from a standstill into 4 inversions and an incredibly twisted layout (all in a building not much bigger than a McDonald's PlayPlace) is made of wood.

While I was waiting in the three-hour line for the new Space Mountain at Disneyland (It was opening weekend), one GP told me that the old SM was once a wooden roller coaster since it was so rough. I haven't been on Flight of Fear, but maybe the "roughness" may have been their consensus between a steel or a woodie.

Earlier at CGA, a park employee and I were talking about haunt as he was checking seatbelts on the Action Theater ride as he saw my hoodie. He asked me what my favorite maze was when I told him that Toy Factory was. I then said that the music seems to draw you into the maze. This random kid a few seats down says "What? There's a maze here?" I then told him during Halloween season, there are haunted mazes/haunted houses set up.

And of course, the classic "Upside Down" stuff again...People seem to say that a ride that goes upside down is a negative thing as I heard a kid and the rest of his party talking about Firefall, a Topspin ride. He then says "Oh, that ride goes upside down" as though it were a bad thing and shouldn't be ridden.

And of course, the classic "Upside Down" stuff again...People seem to say that a ride that goes upside down is a negative thing as I heard a kid and the rest of his party talking about Firefall, a Topspin ride. He then says "Oh, that ride goes upside down" as though it were a bad thing and shouldn't be ridden.

The GP seems to split on inversions into either the "loops are evil" or the "OMFG LOOPS ARE THE ONLY GOOD PARTS OF A RIDE!!" camps...very rarely is there a middle ground.