TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a Tower of Terror video:
i wonder why they never thought to play " Hotel California" by the Eagles when u r walking thru this place. that music would have been 10 million times more relaxing than the Twilight Zone music..........

Ever think it was because the Eagles weren't even alive in 1939?

So are you saying the Twilight Zone was running on TV in 1939?

Working Dodgem at Waldameer always brought the best knowledge out of people.

Most commonly asked: "Which one is the fastest?"

Favorite Comment: "Don't touch the floor, it will shock you!!" My response: "Actually, (touches floor while the ride is running) it doesn't" You should have seen some of the frightened looks I got before they realized I was right.

At cga, rue le dodge actually does have cars that go faster than others. Maintenance actually told me that.

On a Tower of Terror video:
i wonder why they never thought to play " Hotel California" by the Eagles when u r walking thru this place. that music would have been 10 million times more relaxing than the Twilight Zone music..........

Ever think it was because the Eagles weren't even alive in 1939?

So are you saying the Twilight Zone was running on TV in 1939?

I'm guess I was trying to justify it from the fact that the preshow starts with "Hollywood: 1939. Amid the glitz and the glitter of a bustling young movie town at the height of its golden age, the Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in its own right..."

Guess I had an absent minded moment and forgot the series premiered in 1959 (pathetic considering I'm a huge fan of the series).

These are HILARIOUS!

I've heard interesting things from a friend who I THOUGHT was an enthusiast. He told me there was once a coaster called El Chupacabre that these guys designed to kill people. I told him, "No one would make anything that dangerous!"

His reply? "It was the 80's - they didn't care about safety then!"

*facepalm TO THE MAX*

^ I actually remember watching video clip from an 80's comedy TV show that meets that description....

I was just watching a video of someones top 5 coasters in the U.K., and in the comments, lots of people posted their top U.K. coaster list in the comments, but there was one that caught my eye-

1. kingda ka

2. cedar pt.

3. air

Kingda ka is now in the U.K. and cedar point is just one, big roller coaster!!

My cousin, who's a TPR member (doesn't post frequently), is in the beginning stages of coaster nerdom. She happens to see me watching the HD Kumba video Robb posted last weekend when she asks "Is that a BMW coaster?" Sure, they're nice like a BMW but you got the name wrong! A few seconds later: "Oh, I mean a B&M."

I do give her credit for being able to identify B&M track

Here in the north of Italy people thinks that only exists one park: Gardaland.

Some I heard:

"Why is the Blu Tornado green?" (standing in front of Magic Mountain)

"What if they fall down?" (referred to the Screaming Squirrel)

"Is that a real volcano?" (Jungle Rapids)"

"They're removing a train from the track! They want the queue to be longer!"

"You don't go upside down, the seats does!" (talking about a Mad House)

At Mirabilandia:

"Katun is the highest coaster in the world!"

"I have never been to DisneyLand, but I know it sucks because there are not coasters!"

But the best one in the world is this one.

In Gardaland 'till last year there was a ride called Tunga: The Apeman

I've heard a GP translating: "Tunga: l'uomo ape" which in English comes "Tunga: the bee man"

EDIT: I pressed "submit to park index" without getting his function, sorry. Ignore it!

GP 1: I heard they built this one coaster out in California and Cedar Point is gonna sue them for copying The Raptor.

GP 2: I know it's called The Batman the ride and they built it to make people puke!!!!!!!

GP 3: Someone got their head chopped off because the guy didn't have his restraint on and because your upside down the whole time when it went through the loop the guy hit the track!!!!!!

GP:1 Oh my God I'm never going on Raptor again.

I almost killed myself when I heard this. At least they knew that other parks existed!!!

Earlier this year, i decided to introduce my friend to the idea of collecting Coaster credits and after doing so, every single park we've been to this year, she keeps on asking, not just for rollercoasters, but every single dark ride, thrill ride, water ride and kiddy ride we've been on "is this a credit then?" she just dosen't seem to understand the concept of COASTER credits!

One thing I've never figured out about the GP is how they determined that bigger is always better. TTD and KK are over 400 feet tall. In my opinion, neither of them are all that good. Bizarro @ SFNE and Kumba @ BGT are my top 2 favorite coasters. Yet you see endless GP comments on videos of these saying "OMG this sux king da ka is way better it goes 128 MPH" or some garbage to that effect. Most of them haven't ever been on KK; they just read somewhere that it's the fastest coaster on Earth (no longer true) and glommed onto that fact. Then they trot their information out at every opportunity in order to attempt to impress people. I worry that I sound like that when talking about things I'm not completely knowledgeable about.

Please note that the misspellings in my quote are intentional and do not represent my normal grammar and style.

Yesterday night, I rode the Fairly odd coaster/Timberland twister (Nickelodeon Universe's gerstlauer spinner), with a couple members of the gp. It was very entertaining. First, when we sit down, its the comment about "OMFG there's seat belts AND lap bars... this must mean someone flew out of it before!" Next, it's "OMG why does the chain not stay down on the track at the beginning of the lift? I've never seen that on any of the other rides here. Is that safe?!". Then lastly, since NU has a habbit of only putting one ride op on everything, after our car was dispatched, we had to wait on the brakes before the lift while the operator was loading the other car. This was met with the ever popular "OH NOES... IT BROKE! I think its stuck!"

This ranks up in the "weird" department.

Honestly, it's not neccessary dumb persay, just a bit...weird...

A comment on a YouTube video I took of Blue Horizons at SWSD:

Dolphins are so smart! I think that they could kill a whale. Actually, I KNOW they could kill a whale.

Dolphins: Slayers Of Whales?