TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

While watching a Katun POV on youtube I discovered this comment:

"its a little like batman in chicago"

And while watching a Griffin POV a response about the new coaster at BGW:

"they are building a roller coaster like the volcano..if u hav ever been to kings dominion but its gonna be like bigger than the griffon so they needed alot of room...i wish they didnt the big bad worlf was awesome!"

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comment on a video of Montezooma at Knotts:

haha everyone that says that this is there favorite ride at knotts are pussys u just say that cause ur to scared to go on xcelerator or boomerang or silver bullet this ride is so retarded and boring go do yourselfs a favor and go grow some balls

Montezooma may pale in comparison to more modern rides, but it's still got a punch after 33 years.

Found these in TPR's Flight Deck video's comments:

and this just is insane: (for those who don't know, the Shark and Eagle are the 2 trains on Flight Deck)

i rode this like 4 or 5 times today, and is there a difference between the one with the eagle on top and the one with the shark on top because i never get the eagle i always get the shark so i dont know if there is a difference

and last but not least:

does it make your stomach drop real bad

is the line huge

will it be worth getting on people its URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE PEOPLE CAN ANYONE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!!!!!!!im planning on getting on but will it hurt!

Today during my Science class we started discussing coasters, and one kid proudly announces;

"Yeah, a couple years ago Hersheypark tried to blow up this coaster because they were putting a new one there. But when they blew it up it didn't take down the coaster, just some area around it. Like 8 people died."

I was sat opposite a girl and her mother on Pandemonium at Drayton Manor. The mother looked at me and asked "is this scary?" obviously trying to calm her daughter. I said "No it isn't. Even the going upside down is fine". The girl suddenly stared wide eyed at me and almost cried "It goes upside down?!?"

She had been in the queue for 20 minutes, yet somehow she hadn't seen it go upside down once.

p.s. Pandemonium is a looping floorless 'ship' (sorry can't remember it's name)

I was at SFMM on Saturday and heard some kids talking about how Goliath had 3 loops.

Maybe they meant deja vu, it is called Golaith now.

I was standing in the line for Goliath so I assumed they were talking about it, anyways Deja Vu was having the first pieces of its track removed at that time so I highly doubt it.

In SFDK, during the Shouka show, the killer whale splashed this one woman that got enraged and stormed off. Didn't she know that the front is the splash zone?

700th post!

Everyone at any show that involves big marine animals that splash don't believe they'll get wet. And they don't realize how cold the water is.

On a video for a Diamondback commercial:

"@markincapemay lol i love cedar fair six flags is just simply not safe but even with intimidator its a different name its intimidator 305 and just intimidator ive been to cedar point and kings island befor emany times but i know a sht ton on all of the cedar fair amusement parks"

...qué?

On a video for a Diamondback commercial:

"@markincapemay lol i love cedar fair six flags is just simply not safe but even with intimidator its a different name its intimidator 305 and just intimidator ive been to cedar point and kings island befor emany times but i know a sht ton on all of the cedar fair amusement parks"

...qué?

That literally made me lol and facepalm at the same time. On a non-coaster related GP moment, I was working my other job at an ice rink and inside the ice rink the guy asked me "where is the ice rink?"

On a california Screamin POV (Before the trim was added)

Comment: "This video was shot before Disney installed a brake right before the loop. The brake was installed cause the company wanted you to go through the loop a little longer".

I'm not necessarily trying to 'defend' the gp, but the GP refers to people that are GENERALly smart enough to figure out what a ride is called and basic statistics. At least, I'd hope to think that the average person has eyes, an iq over 50, and some sort of electrical cord connecting the two. Then again, what defines an enthusiest? Can they just enjoy riding the rides, or do they have to be all-out nerds who spend 8-10 hours a day (or more) reading about random ride statistics. Now before I list stuff I've heard the RP (retarted public) say, which has taken me by suprise, are a few points.

Certain "Enthusiests" have come up with more ridiculous suggestions than many of the GP (If anyone went to WCB, thats some of what I'm talking about)

Before I REALLY enjoyed riding the rides, I had my fair share of dumbass comments as well. One example being, because I played so much RCT2, I didn't think DeJa Vu's loop crossed over the station. After my 3rd ride, my friend finally explained it to me (nicely ), and I immedietly realized how dumb I looked. Many other "GP" people would have the same feeling when they realize their mistake. Theme parks are big places, usually scary for the first time, and there is a lot to take in. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone made an idiotic mistake the first time they visited a park (as long as they didn't "cram study" park maps and rides before hand). We all make dumb comments, and the thing is, while its funny as hell to make fun of the "GP" for what they say, we shouldn't be d*cks to them about their mistake. What I mean is someone who misnames a ride and someone else saying "Congratulations sh!t-wit." They probably see many of us as people who play 'nerdy' games like WOW, when you make one lttle mistake and they feel they have to correct you (No, its not a warlock, its a warlord level 70 pp upgraded limited edition avatar).

Anyway, here are a few of the things I've heard

-When we were in jr. high, our 8th grade graduation trip was to MM. This one girl from my science class pointed at her friend and said, "This b*tch dragged me on this thing (points at viper), and told me it didn't go upside down.

-In line for Batman, also MM, random woman and her daughter. "I'd go on this, but like I told danny, I would never go on the terimitsu ride."

-At Disneyland "You know, before they re-did this ride, it had a barrel roll. The car fell off the barrel roll and they had to re-track it. (I commented about how I never really felt it if it existed) he replies, "I didn't really either, but since it goes so fast, it must be hard to notice. You can see these old plans with the barrel roll on google".

-My mom never understood rides actually went upside-down, despite my attempts at explination, until I drove her out there one time and showed her these.

I had one today. I was coming out of the bathroom (I'm working) and this guy comes up to me and asks where is the designated smoking area. I then point to the sign designated smoking area. I work at cga. If you want to know the area I'm talking about, it's the bathroom behind American cafe.

That's not really a weird thinga GP said, that's just someone asking a question unless there is more to the story.

Last night I was at Kings Island Haunt Fest and these two middle age women started to talk to me and I said did you ride Screamin Demon and they were like "that was at Cedar Point get your coaster facts right". I then said your thinking of Demon Drop that was at Cedar Point. The women said "of course Demon Drop was and Screamin Demon was to".

I was at Halloween Haunt at California's Great America last night and some lady was upset that the talent were getting up in her face and trying to scare her. All I can say is WTF, why go there if you don't like getting scared it only says on all the signs outside the park that this is, 'An in your face Halloween Event" so why even bother.