• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night at Dorney, in line for a haunt set up on the go-cart track:

"This is where Hercules used to be."

"Oh, they took that out? Why'd they take it out?"

"Do you know how old that thing was? It was the oldest in America!"

Ok, me and my friends were watching AFV and there was a video of a kid on a slingshot. We tried to guess where it was.

Kid 1: Isn't this the one at King's Island?

Me: No, KI doesn't have that ride in the background.

Kid 2: Cedar Point?

Me: No, they don't have one of these.

Kid 1: Maybe it's at four flags.

Kid 2: You mean seven flags.

Me: Six flags.

Ok, me and my friends were watching AFV and there was a video of a kid on a slingshot. We tried to guess where it was.

Kid 1: Isn't this the one at King's Island?

Me: No, KI doesn't have that ride in the background.

Kid 2: Cedar Point?

Me: No, they don't have one of these.

Kid 1: Maybe it's at four flags.

Kid 2: You mean seven flags.

Me: Six flags.

FOUR FLAGS???

^^Show Robb that! LOL!

Taxes? Really?! What an idiot!

Someone PM him that

Though, I didn't post on this thread to respond to that, this one I find on suprisingly another enthusiast website: themeparkinsider.com

I'll never ride [Drop Tower @ KI] again after the same ride (built by the same company) severed off a young girl's feet about 2 years ago. Rode it twice before that and it's scary as hell without having to think about that. - Sean Mackey

Wow, I actually found that on an entusiast website, though Theme Park Insider sadly has a good amount of GP unlike TPR.

Heard these while at KD saturday.

Sitting near Rebel Yell's exit:

Women: Don't ride this

Girl: Why

Women: It throws your neck around but its fun

Girl: Well, I don't want to ride anything rough

Woman: Okay, were going to go and ride Mad Mouse

I looked at my friend and started lauging when I heard this. I just assumed she was talking about Ricochet.

While waiting in line for Club Blood:

Man: Whats that wood ride right there?

Women: Oh, thats Howler

I just wanted tp slap some people considering there was a sign right there that said HURLER

I was at SFMM the past two days, and this is what I heard about/witnessed:

A lady is upset that ride operators on Colossus pulled her kid off the train to make sure he/she met height requirements.

One guest was displeased in the lack of masks on the scare actors.

Girl: "I'll get a locker while you guys head up to X2. I'll cut through the line and meet up with you guys later."

A group of 3 on Flash: Speed Force was told that it was 2 people per vehicle. The ride operator opened the bar, and one of the guys climbed over the back of the vehicle to get in another one. The ride operator actually facepalmed.

Edited by CoasterKings908

A group of 3 on Flash: Speed Force was told that it was 2 people per vehicle. The ride operator opened the bar, and one of the guys climbed over the back of the vehicle to get in another on. The ride operator actually facepalmed.

I see stuff like this all the time as a ride op at CGA. One time while I was operating at Demon, I had just opened the airgates, and while a man and his wife were placing their stuff in the cubbies, another group tried taking their seats and sat down. When the first group saw that their seats had been taken, the man thought it would be a good idea to try and go back through the airgates...by crossing the track IN BETWEEN two cars. He also stepped on the wheel covers which clearly say "NO STEP" on them. I walked up to him and scolded him for what he just did, and he said, "What? You're making a big deal out of something stupid." Needless to say, I wanted to slap him.

According to some very informed GPs that were in line next to me at Cedar Point yesterday. Cedar Point's new roller coaster next year is going to be called Zipline. And it will be taller than Dragster and similar to Magnum and Millennium.

Because RCT3 is SUCH a good basis to go off...

Also my own I just found on an attempted NoLimits recreation of Verbolten:

"I heard its going underwater in a clear tube"

And here's part of the top comment on a Takabisha video:

1) The camera man added special effects to block out his screaming

2) Imagine if this was a water slide

I see stuff like this all the time as a ride op at CGA. One time while I was operating at Demon, I had just opened the airgates, and while a man and his wife were placing their stuff in the cubbies, another group tried taking their seats and sat down. When the first group saw that their seats had been taken, the man thought it would be a good idea to try and go back through the airgates...by crossing the track IN BETWEEN two cars. He also stepped on the wheel covers which clearly say "NO STEP" on them. I walked up to him and scolded him for what he just did, and he said, "What? You're making a big deal out of something stupid." Needless to say, I wanted to slap him.

That reminds me, when waiting for Roar at SFDK, a kid boarding the front car thought he could put his cell phone next to the drink cup holders. When a ride attendant told him he needed to keep it with him and to take his seat, instead of walking though the train like the attendant asked (He was sitting in the seat next to the airgates), he walked around the train and stepped on the track!