TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

I actually liked X's original paint since now that it's red and black, it looks too similar to Viper's red and white.

In Santa Cruz, before the Giant Dipper, they state the coaster goes 85' and almost a mile long, not according to RCDB.com

Though, I really don't know how a 70' roller coaster can acheive 55 mph, more like 40 mph.

Who told you that?

(BTW X's original paint scheme was terrible. I like the new one better.)

In all truth, the station have signs stating wrong statistics

That doesn't surprise me

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm being picky, and it shouldn't bother me, but people can't pronounce Howl-O-Scream correctly. It's Howl-O-Scream, yet here's what I've seen;

-Halloscream

-Halo-Scream

-Halloween-Scream

-Fright Fest (Seriously?)

-Hallow-Scream

-Howl-O-Screams

-Howls-And-Screams

Like, come on. It's not that hard!

I really hate when people say "Six Flags" instead of the actual full name. There are so many Six Flags parks, so they should name the one they went to!

It seems like most GP is clueless to the real names of the Six Flags park there at, they all just call it "Six Flags".

That reminds me, when I was in 7th grade, my teacher asked what we did over the weekend so I replied that I went to Discovery Kingdom. I guess that got everyone confused, and here are some of the replies I got-

"So its not called Six Flags Discovery Kingdom anymore?"

"Since when was it called Discovery Kingdom?"

"Do you mean Marine World?"

"Are you sure you don't mean Six Flags?"

"Where is that?"

And the list just kept going on and on. (300th post! )

Earlier this year I went to the historic New England territory. On the first night, which I spent in Mystic, Connecticut, a friend from Arizona started texting me. I told her that it was really late, and I was trying to sleep. She asked where I was, and I replied. Later in the week, she wanted to know where I was this time and I responded, "At Six Flags New England." The next text I received went something like this, "They have Six Flags in England?"

^Lol. I've seen posts on Youtube videos of SFMM's Deja Vu where people say that it's being moved to the UK.

Speaking of Six Flags New England, my coworker told me this funny experience she encountered one time at Catwoman's Whip. The park had been closed for maybe about 10 minutes and so my coworker was going through her after-hours checklist in the operator's booth. She then heard voices of two young men coming from the other side of the wall. She couldn't understand what they were talking about, but she heard one of them say, "Just do it right here, nobody's looking."

Finally, she peaks around the wall and sees the two guys urinating in the bushes. So she picks up the microphone and in the silence of night yells, "Stop peeing on my ride!"

The two boys fled instantly.

On a recent trip to Great America I have heared these rather interesting comments concerning rides/Haunt event:

While getting ready to ride Grizzly I heared this guy behind me say "I'm not gonna wear the seatbelt. It doesn't fit right."

(Really? You aren't going to wear your seatbelt because it doesn't fit right? Please don't ride next to me then.)

Apparently some GP feel the fire isn't real on Firefall. "Hey! Is that actual fire in the water?"

(No, its not real fire. It's fact fire that is on the water, and fake fire that shoots out of the volcano things in the back. You just feel the heat)

When in line for Slaughterhouse I overheared this kid say: "Hey! This isn't Toy Factory, why are they playing Toy Factory music?"

(No kidding this isn't Toy Factory. Angry Gumball was playing the Toy Factory theme song while we were waiting in line)

and last but not least you can't forget the "intelligent" parents who try and stand or get her child on her lap during a breakdown on Psycho Mouse. I mean come on....the ride operators say the ride broke down momentarily and to please remain in your seats. I swear to try and talk common sense to these GP's is the same as the adults and Snoopy talking on the old Charlie Brown cartoons. They just cannot seem to understand.

I know I'm being picky, and it shouldn't bother me, but people can't pronounce Howl-O-Scream correctly. It's Howl-O-Scream, yet here's what I've seen;

-Halloscream

-Halo-Scream

-Halloween-Scream

-Hallow-Scream

-Howl-O-Screams

-Howls-And-Screams

Haha! This has been an issue at my home park.

Things I've heard people call Valleyscare:

"Valleyscream"

"Valley of Scare"

"Valleyscares"

"Scare-fair"

"Valleyscary"

"Halloweekends" (Granted, they did run halloweekends back in the early 2000's, so I give them a pass on that one)

While waiting to board Tatsu I overheard two ladies say "so, I thought this ride went backwards?" "oh no, your thinking of superman. this is ninja"

I have heard many people over many years say that Tatsu is Ninja. This happens on a consistent basis. It's SO IRRITATING!!!

-Halloscream

-Halo-Scream

-Halloween-Scream

-Hallow-Scream

-Howl-O-Screams

-Howls-And-Screams

Haha! This has been an issue at my home park.

Things I've heard people call Valleyscare:

"Valleyscream"

"Valley of Scare"

"Valleyscares"

"Scare-fair"

"Valleyscary"

"Halloweekends" (Granted, they did run halloweekends back in the early 2000's, so I give them a pass on that one)

So far, with my home park, I've heard "The Haunt", "Haunt-Fest", and "The Haunt Fest." Seriously, what's with tacking the 'the's' onto a name. Though with the letting go of Cedar Fair, I guess if they wanted to carry on with a Haunt event, they could make a knock-off and call it "Haunt-Fest" (And I can still call it "Haunt" for short like we do now).

Speaking of "the,"I've made a running gag now with rides or things that have "The" in its name to add an extra 'the.' So, The Grizzly would really be "The The Grizzly", and we would also have "The The Demon."

While on YouTube, i was watching some POV of Knott's Boomerang, don't ask me why, and someone posted that 'Boomerng's okay, but I like deja Vu better.' I get it that the layouts are nearly identical, but that's it.

I also have a family member who has been telling me for years that boblo Island in Amherstburg, Ontario had its own Demon Drop before the park closed.

So far, with my home park, I've heard "The Haunt", "Haunt-Fest", and "The Haunt Fest." Seriously, what's with tacking the 'the's' onto a name. Though with the letting go of Cedar Fair, I guess if they wanted to carry on with a Haunt event, they could make a knock-off and call it "Haunt-Fest" (And I can still call it "Haunt" for short like we do now).

Speaking of "the,"I've made a running gag now with rides or things that have "The" in its name to add an extra 'the.' So, The Grizzly would really be "The The Grizzly", and we would also have "The The Demon."

Actually in CGA, I call it "Haunt", it's shorter than stating Halloween Haunt all the time though I only say Haunt when people know what I'm talking about.

Once when I was working at Thunderbolt at SFNE, I was checking restraints in the train when I catch something out of the corner of my eye. Out on the midway, I see a man holding up a 6 ft wooden pole with a camcorder duct taped to the pole; and the camera was pointed right at the station activity. I have no clue how he managed to get such a tall pole in or why he was filming us? I don't even know where he came from or if that's even "GP"!

Once when I was working at Thunderbolt at SFNE, I was checking restraints in the train when I catch something out of the corner of my eye. Out on the midway, I see a man holding up a 6 ft wooden pole with a camcorder duct taped to the pole; and the camera was pointed right at the station activity. I have no clue how he managed to get such a tall pole in or why he was filming us? I don't even know where he came from or if that's even "GP"!

What always scares me is someone with a 6 ft. pole going under an inverted coaster.

600th post!

Not really a comment, but I hate when I'm walking around the park and see a bunch of people smoking. At DSB me and my dad watched as a young man smoked while walking around the park. Employees were also trying to get him to stop. He didn't. People like this really annoy me. There are specific smoking areas for a reason people, use them!

EDIT: Hey 200th post!

Not really a comment, but I hate when I'm walking around the park and see a bunch of people smoking. At DSB me and my dad watched as a young man smoked while walking around the park. Employees were also trying to get him to stop. He didn't. People like this really annoy me. There are specific smoking areas for a reason people, use them!

EDIT: Hey 200th post!

On the same topic. I saw a guy at work smoking and told him the smoking area is right around the corner. He actually moved and went there it was nice. Also at the end of the night I found a cigarette butt in the cue line which was kind of rude of the person but where I found it we couldn't have seen it.