TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

^

Oh man. I was having fun with the idiots on their facebook page over that fiasco. In case you didn't hear, a massive rumor started the night of the hurricane that a tornado took out Kingda Ka and El Toro. Twitter and facebook went bananas over it, especially on SFGAd's page. Hilarity at its finest.

I believe that the media said that hurricane Irene blew down kingda ka. This was like actual media that reported it. I laughed when I read it.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2011/08/hurricane_irene_did_it_destroy.html

The last paragraph is GP worthy.

Edited by CoasterBeagle

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is kind of like the opposite, but I'm surprised at how the GP can actually tell the similarity between Flashback and Goliath. They don't seem to like it. Are they getting smarter or am I just underestimating them?

Whats stupid though, is I've seen people complaining about Superman: Ultimate Flight on SFDK's Facebook page... I mean damn, that thing looks awesome. How can they complain?

One thing I hate is that parks just can't win on facebook. If they announce a thrill ride, they get pissed off moms talking about how they "Definitely won't be renewing their season passes", and if they announce a family addition, teens go complaining about how it's "lame". If nothing is announced at all, they get complaining from both sides.

Now for a random quote from someone on Valleyfair's facebook: (I swear this is un-edited- copied and pasted haha) "Hay i have an idiea for you can you do somthing with the big train when i rided it i had a headack because the tracks where squekee well also you should rebild the hiroler in the future and yould should also retar the parking lot with permient spots marked on the spot for season pass holders and you should get somthing that they can put on thair dashbort saing that they are a season pass holde"

"I hate roller coasters, that Mach Tower is a real gut churner."

Me: "Uh... Mach Tower is not a coaster."

"Yeah, it's a vertical freefall roller coaster."

Me: *facewall*

To be fair, I can easily understand how drop towers can be mistaken as coasters. They have tracks, they roll down them, and they have brakes at the end to stop them. I'd imagine that translates into a coaster for most GP.

One thing I hate is that parks just can't win on facebook. If they announce a thrill ride, they get pissed off moms talking about how they "Definitely won't be renewing their season passes", and if they announce a family addition, teens go complaining about how it's "lame". If nothing is announced at all, they get complaining from both sides.

Now for a random quote from someone on Valleyfair's facebook: (I swear this is un-edited- copied and pasted haha) "Hay i have an idiea for you can you do somthing with the big train when i rided it i had a headack because the tracks where squekee well also you should rebild the hiroler in the future and yould should also retar the parking lot with permient spots marked on the spot for season pass holders and you should get somthing that they can put on thair dashbort saing that they are a season pass holde"

I am genuinely scared for our future in this country.

Whats stupid though, is I've seen people complaining about Superman: Ultimate Flight on SFDK's Facebook page... I mean damn, that thing looks awesome. How can they complain?

I have just one complaint about the coaster, that the GP probably doesn't know about; CAPACITY. 12 seats, one train, and about a one minute ride cycle? That's gonna be a nightmare for lines!

Christ, this has got to be damn near the nadir of Western civilization. The sad thing is that the English department at my old high school routinely sees stuff like this. Actually, no. They routinely see stuff WORSE than this. I wish I was kidding, but I'm not.

OMG, the facebook posting regarding SFMM removing Deja Vu's has some awesome ones:

they gotta fix that ride i almost fell out of it

guys they arnt taking it out... they just shut it down yearly for work on it. it will be open next summer

If u guys remove it u better make a new like Deja vo but better maybe 2 coasters instead of 1 to make the line faster and maybe bigger to WTh more loops. If u remove this and not make something like this then u guys suck fo removing my favorite ride. That's all I gotta say.

Dude remove gold rush or the whole little kid area then build a badass rollercoatser there

Is it any coincidence that the most idiotic comments are also the hardest to read?

In line for The Giant Dipper at Belmont Park

Some lady: does this ride have any loops?

Me:..... no?

(In case there's anyone out there who doesn't know this ride, you can see the ENTIRE track from the parking lot and the park easily.)

In my 6th, maybe 5th grade class I can't remember dates real well...

Friend: There's a wooden coaster in Las Vegas that I've been on called Ghost Rider, and it has a hole in the tracks at the bottom of the first drop, and most people die on it!

(At the time I was living and California, an hour or two away from Knott's Berry Farm.)

I was talking to my niece and showing her California Screamin' on Youtube as she just recently rode it and did her first inversion. Afterwards, I was explaining to her about the magnetic launch it has. She then tells me that "If it weren't for those magnets, then they would be sitting in the water." I then told her "no, you would just be sitting out on the track and not moving." She still was in denial. Atleast she is aware that a roller coaster is not powered by an engine.

I was talking to my niece and showing her California Screamin' on Youtube as she just recently rode it and did her first inversion. Afterwards, I was explaining to her about the magnetic launch it has. She then tells me that "If it weren't for those magnets, then they would be sitting in the water." I then told her "no, you would just be sitting out on the track and not moving." She still was in denial. Atleast she is aware that a roller coaster is not powered by an engine.

****in' magnets, how do they work?

A few GP-isms today at once again, Great America. I was riding Grizzly when some kid was saying "Hold your nose and have your head like this *points head downward* if you don't wanna barf!"

Riding Vortex: I think they made this run faster at night!

In line for Demon, a group of people ahead of us receive a call, the rest of their party is looking for them. The line ahead of them is moving as we're trying to get through. One unwritten rule of common courtesy: If you're going to take a call and decipher if you want to ride Demon or not, do move to the side and let others (who know that they want to ride) pass. I think they could see the annoyance on our faces earlier when they finally moved aside.

Same ride, ABW and I go to put our backpacks in the cubbies when we come back, trying to find what row we had...some people from the next row over kindly decided to warm our seats for us as we told them they had to leave, those were our seats...after a few times of telling them, they *finally* (a bit slowly as well) moved.

Last but not least, yet another lap bar struggle on Grizzly...took 3 times to tell the kids in front of us to stop what they were doing as they were also pulling our lapbar down when we weren't even seated yet.

Stupid jeeps, I swear!