Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how he knew that Kong was a Swarzkopf.

Ummm....cause he doesn't? Do you?

Whoops, my bad.

I'm still was so shocked that someone random knew Swarzkopf that I've forgotten that Kong is Vekoma!

I looked at the SFDK page and saw the possibly-TPR member reply, but thought the comment after that was hilarious.

Guy 1: " Eurofighter coaster? Flat ride? Wait! An inverted stand up wooden launched 4D Aquatrax coaster"

Guy 2: "‎^ my mind = blown"

Ok today I heard what might be the stupidest two things ever in my life at Six Flags Great America, both on American Eagle

(we were on the brakes getting ready to enter the station to exit when this happend)

Kid 1: Doesn't this ride go up the lift again before we get off?

Me: Wait what?

(Walking to get in line for blue backwards)

Me: (asking people what side broke down)

Random guy tells me: "Green Side"

how he knew that Kong was a Swarzkopf.

Ummm....cause he doesn't? Do you?

Whoops, my bad.

I'm still was so shocked that someone random knew Swarzkopf that I've forgotten that Kong is Vekoma!

I looked at the SFDK page and saw the possibly-TPR member reply, but thought the comment after that was hilarious.

Guy 1: " Eurofighter coaster? Flat ride? Wait! An inverted stand up wooden launched 4D Aquatrax coaster"

Guy 2: "‎^ my mind = blown"

Yea, the Aquatrax/Eurofighter post was me

Yesterday afternoon, over a couple beers, a good friend of mine started telling another friend how, "Someone falls out of Berzerker at KD and dies or gets seriously injured EVERY SEASON!" And he was dead serious. I had to resist the urge to slap him, especially after I showed him rideaccidents.com and the list of incidents at CF parks on Wikipedia. He still insisted that someone falls out of the ride every year. Oy.

I heard a good one earlier that deserved a chuckle or two. After riding an insanely rough ride on Vortex, a kid a few rows back said "Next time I'm riding this, I'm bringing some earmuffs!"

I went to CGA today not looking for GPisms but ended up seeing many, a lot of repeat stuff. I would often say "They just got Jeep'd" (referring to a ride operator correcting a stupid guest). Yea, I know it sounds kind of weird but it seems to work well for me!

With this said, I heard a guest ask the ride operator on Flight Deck whether if someone threw up on the ride if it would hit them. The ride operator then said "it would probably happen in the loop-de-loop."

Edited by Angry_Gumball

I win the thread with this one! Yesterday at Knotts we were in the line for Jaguar. As we were following the clearly marked que a lady is walking the wrong way(towards us as opposed to the ride) and says "this is the wrong way... it's an exit" and in a way she was right... there was an exit... if you chose not to follow the lit path and take the left turn next to the exit. Long story short she convinced the rest of the line they were going the right way, we kept going, we took the front row.

What's your favorite coaster in CGA?

Survivor

(If you don't know, Survivor is a Disk-O Coaster)

200th post!

(If you don't know, I did my 100th post on this thread and I will do my 300th, 400th, etc. posts on this thread.)

Yea, that's a fail...Did they not remember that they were on SFA's Facebook page?

Some ones I saw yesterday at...you guessed it, CGA! (or GP attractant) included people standing up on the star tower, walking around, and taking photos of themselves doing so after the ride attendant clearly said to remain seated throughout the entire ride. After that, I headed towards the carousel only to overhear the lower level ride attendant speaking to probably a supervisor or the attendant above that he had to repeatedly tell guests not to get off their horses/not to switch horses while the ride is going and how he had to kick them all off...apparently there must have been a handful from what I gather and the frustration I could hear in the attendant's voice.

Lastly, riding White Water Falls (a huge GP attractor) some guests ahead of us tried sitting 5 across when you can clearly see that it seats 4 across.

And about Tiki Twirl...it's the world's first reality coaster...the rest of the coasters CGA has (or anywhere else in this matter) are all imaginary

I win the thread with this one! Yesterday at Knotts we were in the line for Jaguar. As we were following the clearly marked que a lady is walking the wrong way(towards us as opposed to the ride) and says "this is the wrong way... it's an exit" and in a way she was right... there was an exit... if you chose not to follow the lit path and take the left turn next to the exit. Long story short she convinced the rest of the line they were going the right way, we kept going, we took the front row.

maybe it was some plot to get everyone out of line?

^

Oh man. I was having fun with the idiots on their facebook page over that fiasco. In case you didn't hear, a massive rumor started the night of the hurricane that a tornado took out Kingda Ka and El Toro. Twitter and facebook went bananas over it, especially on SFGAd's page. Hilarity at its finest.

Steve Burant had his posts deleted on that page.

^

Oh man. I was having fun with the idiots on their facebook page over that fiasco. In case you didn't hear, a massive rumor started the night of the hurricane that a tornado took out Kingda Ka and El Toro. Twitter and facebook went bananas over it, especially on SFGAd's page. Hilarity at its finest.

Steve Burant had his posts deleted on that page.

What are you talking about, that post still exists 5 posts above this post.