TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

@ Kings Island several years back with my friend Dave, in line for Outer Limits (or Flight of Fear, or Flight of Deck, or Outer Flight Deck of Fear, or something like that). Train pulls into the station empty.

Dave freaks out.

Dave: "Oh my god. All the people are gone and the shoulder thingies are up. No way I'm getting on this, I'm getting out of line."

Me: "Um... no Dave, they let you off in a different part of the building."

Dave: "Yeah right. That doesn't even make sense. I told you this ride isn't safe."

Me: "So... you're implying that the ride restraints pop open mid ride and dump everyone out?"

Dave: "Well yeah, I mean look at it. There's no one on it."

Me: "Well... I guess you're right. I wonder how often the clean up crew comes to sweep all the bodies into the corner."

He got out of line.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Hahaha Maybe they would make more money?

Yesterday at CGA I was waiting in line for Grizzly I heard some one say that Grizzly used to be in the front of the park where Flight Deck is located but they had to move Grizzly to build Flight Deck! WTF?

In line for Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland:

Setting: 3 Teenage blondes (GP) chewing gum (obnoxiously) and talking with the stereotypical nasal tone at the load station. They proceed to ask a CM a question:

GP: Look over here mister, we have a question.

CM: Yes?

GP: Can you stop the ride half way through so that we can get out and get Harrison Ford's autograph?

CM: No

GP: WTF?!? Why Not?!?!?!

(At this point they board the vehicle)

CM: It wouldn't be safe.

GP: I thought Disney didn't care about safety! See, we're only wearing seatbelts!

CM: *Checks belts, presses dispatch button*

On CGA's Facebook, someone asks:

"Do you guys still have Invertigo because I didn't see it."

Me:

"Yea, Invertigo is somewhat in several people's houses now, including mine!" (referring to the wheel).

When leaving CGA from the TPR day, some stragglers were still at the gift shop picking up their goods as we all walk by with our Invertigo wheels. Some of us were getting some strange looks while we were saying "best park souvenir yet!"

Then I posted this picture up (I think it got pulled for some reason though) and someone asks "Iz dat real!1?1" It then lead to us joking around about how efficient the Flight Deck crew was that day, followed by a worker stating about how the rides system won't allow for such dispatches and pointing out the 2 Shark trains.

An observant person would most likely spot the same people twice and the same train. This was made from merging 2 shots done at nearly the same angle during our backstage tour.

1830911293_FD2train.jpg.0b1796044a50e30962e2b9bcabf8b355.jpg

Looks quite real and frightening to me!

One time I was at Great America preparing to go on the log ride in the early evening. Because it was a bit cooler then one guy in line behind me asks me "Hey, being as its getting a bit cooler out do you think they'll lower the water a bit?

Me: Uh, no they don't lower the water on this ride

On a CoasterForce Youtube video of I305:

by far one of the fastest chain lifts ive seen =___=

scooterkidd3 1 month ago

@scooterkidd3 Kingda Ka goes up the hill at like 50 miles an hour.

LightningThunder567 6 days ago

I got this from comments on the TPR video of Top Gun/Flight Deck @ CGA on Youtube.

www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=H98Sk8FAtPo

---The Raptor at cedar point is 342,692 times better.

---this is practicly the same as the "Nemesis" in thee uk... not exact but nearly... o-o

---this is the exact same ride as batman:dark night at magic mountain in california.

---i rode this like 4 or 5 times today, and is there a difference between the one with the eagle on top and the one with the shark on top because i never get the eagle i always get the shark so i dont know if there is a difference

---does it make your stomach drop real bad

is the line huge

will it be worth getting on people its URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE PEOPLE CAN ANYONE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!!!!!!!im planning on getting on but will it hurt!

---this ride is like exactly like The Thunderhawk

---this ride was originaly supposed to feel like being in a fighter jet, pulling up to 4 g's but they had issues . still realy fun

Flight Deck must be a magnet for GP confusion.

One I came across on SFDK's Facebook:

If you ever drop anything out of any off the attractions, and it lends on a place that you can not have accesses, DO NOT trust Six Flags stuff when they say they'll retrieve it for you.

My son dropped his phone, went to the office filled up a form and was told to wait and was assured that they would retrieved his cell phone for him when the park was closed at 9:00 pm.

Guess what? His phone was stolen around 5:40 pm while in the safety net where there is no guests accesses.

And Six flags do not take responsibility for it.

I'm assuming that it was V2 as she makes reference to the net covering the entrance. My response(s)

"Don't most attractions have a loose article policy and state that the park is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items? I'm just sayin..."

Her response:

Billy, his phone was not lost, it was on the safety net, my son went immediately to the guest relation services and notified them. Six Flags had instruct him to fill up a form and wait until 9 pm when they would send a Six Flags staff member to retrieve it...So as I see it the phone was in their possession, after they were notified and agreed to retrieve it, they were responsible, especially because this safety net has no guest access, and can only be accessed by staff members .....My son did his part, respect and followed the instructions that was given to him and unfortunately believed on the integrity of Six Flags, And that's the purpose of this post: it's a warning for people not to trust Six Flags staff.

Really? Didn't lose the phone? It's still a lost article. I guess its now lost

Without quoting the whole debate between another person, I brought things back on topic saying this:

"Back on topic, this is what my SFDK map says on the back and I'm sure every ride (especially Vertical Velocity which has the nets) says this:

Loose Article are not permitted on most rides and should be left with non-riders or secured lockers. Six Flags and its employees are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

I would also include 'damaged' as well if someone chose to break the rules and sneak their camera/phone on a ride and have it fly off.

In the end, riders are (or should) be responsible for their own actions."

I doubt the GP will ever grasp the above mentioned concept.

One time I was talking with my friend, and he said "I wish there was a coaster that went UNDER the water!"

And I said "Yeah there's one at this park called Kings Dominion" and I went to show him a picture. Afterwards he said "No I mean like actually through the water, so you're actually hitting the water!"

*talking to friend who just got back from king's island*

I mention Son of Beast, and he says that he rode it. I say, "You rode the wooden coaster that is one of the highest in the park?" He says yes. I respond, "Not the one that goes through the woods, right". At least he knows that one is the Beast, and he says he rode the Beast AND Son of Beast. I tell him that Son of Beast was closed in 2009 and is probably going to be torn down, and he insists that they reopened it. This conversation happened in 2011.

Also, once I was in line for Space Mountain (WDW), and this blonde with a 3-4 year old kid is right in front of us. She said she was from New Jersey, and asked where we were from. We said Louisiana, and she asked, "Wow, is that in Europe". We said its a state about three states away from Florida, so she replied, "Oh my god, but that's so far!". So apparently Louisiana is farther away from Florida than New Jersey is.

*edit--someone's youtube comment on a s:ros sfga pov:

this is exactly the same as silver star at europa park the only difference is that silver star came first and it has an extra helix

Also, once I was in line for Space Mountain (WDW), and this blonde with a 3-4 year old kid is right in front of us. She said she was from New Jersey, and asked where we were from. We said Louisiana, and she asked, "Wow, is that in Europe". We said its a state about three states away from Florida, so she replied, "Oh my god, but that's so far!". So apparently Louisiana is farther away from Florida than New Jersey is.

I think we have a winner for GP Stupid Comment of the Century.