TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

Allowed my travel buddy to buy his own park tickets back in may. The day before we left we printed out his ticket confirmation

Him- "what do you mean? I bought Disneyland tickets?"

Me- "We're going to orlando...Disney World"

Him- "Aren't they the same thing?"

That made me burst out laughing.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the stupidest things I've heard came from non-enthusiast friends of mine, god love them. One friend tried to tell me that the Texas Giant was the oldest roller coaster in the world. Another tried to argue with me that Batman:The Dark Knight was really just the former Black Widow (Arrow shuttle loop) with a different name and paint scheme.

Silly civilians! (That's what I call members of the GP)

I just remembered one from a few months ago-

My friend got back from a trip to Disney Land he was telling about the drive over there-

"We went by Magic Mountain, an they have a new drop ride!"

Me-"Really? Last time I checked, they didn't"

My friend described it, an it turns out, he thought Sky Tower was a drop ride

Me-"Thats not a drop ride, its an observation tower"

Friend- "No, there was this HUGE plat form, and it dropped!

Me-"That was just the observation deck, it says at the top"

Friend- "What ever"

I love when people make up some physically impossible situation like it really happened, I remember in high school people used to tell stories about visiting theme parks all the time, and they'd swear by it even though you know the whole time that they're just lying. I've always wondered what it is about theme parks that make some people lose all aspects of practicality and common sense.

Last year at Haunt someone behind us in line at Supreme Scream asked why Perilous Plunge was closed (at 1am in the morning) and the friend who was with me said "They're going to be removing it, some lady died on it a couple weeks ago."

I just smiled and kept quiet out of respect for my friend...

A former co-worker of mine told me this. The operator's booth for Scream is at the top floor of a little two-story building just above the queue's entrance. One time while operating, a guest wandered up the stairs and opened the door to the operator's booth only to find the faces of two surprised employees. He responded with "Oh, sorry. I thought this was the exit." It's odd considering he never climbed any stairs to get on the ride.

People at Great Adventure have been classic but this one was my favorite last season. I'm walking towards Bizarro behind this couple, probably around my age (23) & the girl goes "I feel like I've seen or been on this before, wasn't this Medusa or something?", of course I wanted to butt in and say "yes it was!" but her idiot boyfriend goes "no I've been coming here for a while, Medusa is on the other side of the park, this is a brand new ride, besides Medusa was yellow, this is purple"......I couldn't believe what I heard but yep legit story hahaha

Speaking of GADV, I hate that the GP think that Kingda Ka is the best ride in the park. My last ride on it (almost 2 weeks ago) it was extremely rough and I sat in the 4th row. It literally shook the crap out of me the whole ride, and you can hear the trains shake going over the camel hump.

Speaking of GADV, I hate that the GP think that Kingda Ka is the best ride in the park. My last ride on it (almost 2 weeks ago) it was extremely rough and I sat in the 4th row. It literally shook the crap out of me the whole ride, and you can hear the trains shake going over the camel hump.

It's even better when they suggest it for other parks.

"You should build a ride like Kingda Ka"

No, Nitro is their best.

GP CGA Facebook fan:

CGA, why were we told that my daughter could not ride the centrifudge when there is no height requirement? I understand your employees are trained to follow CGA's policies & requirements but how could they do so if they do even know the P&R's? Please reply. Very upset season pass holder!!!!

(Wait...centri-fudge?)

My response:

All of their rides actually have a height checker thing right at the entrance, next to the large signs stating all of the ride's safety rules.

What I really wanted to say: Who brings their kids on rides without measuring them before they get in line? Common sense...

Baha I know right! It has always been an eye sore to me since it arrived. Yay for records but yuck for quality. I almost ask people how it's their favorite ride because it surprises me that they actually get on it since it's down so much. Been to GAdv 8 times this year so far, no rides on Ka due to it being down everytime I am there

haha, well it got started that there's a dead body frozen under our ice in the GAT, funny when guests come up and ask us if it's true, we tell them no and they insist we're lying.. seems they do not realize that the ice is temporary as we remove it when the season is done..(I mean come on folks, we have a show there every year for HAUNT)

I guess people refuse to believe us..

GP CGA Facebook fan:

CGA, why were we told that my daughter could not ride the centrifudge when there is no height requirement? I understand your employees are trained to follow CGA's policies & requirements but how could they do so if they do even know the P&R's? Please reply. Very upset season pass holder!!!!

(Wait...centri-fudge?)

My response:

All of their rides actually have a height checker thing right at the entrance, next to the large signs stating all of the ride's safety rules.

What I really wanted to say: Who brings their kids on rides without measuring them before they get in line? Common sense...

I responded to that today and just flat out said if you had a problem with them not letting her daughter ride she should have went to guest services and told them about it and not post it to the parks facebook as it will not get you anywhere.

Someone that I know:

Me: I'd rather go to California's Great America than the crappy fair that we have here in Napa.

Other Person: Ok, Great America has like four rides.

Really? That's funny. Last time I checked the the number of rides they had there were close to 50...

They went on to say that she thought the local fair had "better" rides.

:facepalm:

Edited by ABW

Hmm lets see.

At SFGADV some tourists came up and asked us where Kingda Ka was. OMGLOL that was so funny.

When I was there a few years ago, I thought the entrance was very hard to find, and the map was crap. That's FAR from the most obvious thing I've ever heard anybody ask.