TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://tinyurl.com/6jpuvfb

.....Why do I live on this planet...

I saw that to and was like "what the hell?" I mean cars are more dangerous if I'm not mistaken.

Depending on the source, you could be over 3,000 times more likely to die in a car crash than on a roller coaster. It is also generally agreed that if coasters were used in travel, they would become the safest form of transportation, overtaking airplanes. If coasters are unsafe, cars are unsafe, all forms of transportation are unsafe, and the sun is unsafe. In fact, people are unsafe, because you are more likely to be murdered than killed on a coaster. So, anyone who thinks coasters are unsafe has never climbed in a bathtub, used any form of transportation, refuses to get in cars, and has never been exposed to the sun for the risk of skin cancer. They have never eaten any unhealthy foods for risk of heart disease.

I saw that to and was like "what the hell?" I mean cars are more dangerous if I'm not mistaken.

Depending on the source, you could be over 3,000 times more likely to die in a car crash than on a roller coaster. It is also generally agreed that if coasters were used in travel, they would become the safest form of transportation, overtaking airplanes. If coasters are unsafe, cars are unsafe, all forms of transportation are unsafe, and the sun is unsafe. In fact, people are unsafe, because you are more likely to be murdered than killed on a coaster. So, anyone who thinks coasters are unsafe has never climbed in a bathtub, used any form of transportation, refuses to get in cars, and has never been exposed to the sun for the risk of skin cancer. They have never eaten any unhealthy foods for risk of heart disease.

Here here *holds up bottle of newcastle*

Couldn't have said it better .

Whenever some of my relatives or friends ask me about safety of coasters, I tell them they have more of a chance getting killed by finding a parking spot in an amusement park.

^^Notice how Powers statements are long and detailed with a TON of facts to back up his argument. Meanwhile, Mr. Markey's statements are short, vague, and will occasionally include "I don't know." He doesn't have a lot of facts to support him and his strongest argument is that government regulation could make the parks even safer. But here's the kicker, he says that "[The government] regulates baby carriages, bicycles, and baby seats," but then why are you more likely to get injured using these objects than riding a roller coaster? Powers even stated, "600,000 emergency room injuries from bicycles." If those are the odds of something regulated by the government, then I don't want those kind of odds at my amusement park!

^Wow. And to think politicians are supposed to be LEADERS of the crowd, not some giant idiots who are just LEADERS so they can be attention seeking...[cencored].

Ok, ok. Not all politicians are like that. (Although it does seem that a good amount are). This guy really needs to look at some stats here. Even if his own were correct, he is still wasting his time. If he were to drive his car to an amusment park tomorrow, he would be more likely to have an unjury on the car than any ride at the park. So, why isn't he pushing for federal regulation to ban cars? That makes a bit more sense than this worthless crap.

I saw on a youtube video for Silver Bullet, someone said it looked just like Montu...

That probably because there both inverted, I hear people say that Kong at SFDK is the same as Flight Deck at CGA all the time.

But seriously? Come on here. Even the GP should at least know minor differences...

I saw on a youtube video for Silver Bullet, someone said it looked just like Montu...

That probably because there both inverted, I hear people say that Kong at SFDK is the same as Flight Deck at CGA all the time.

Probably even worse, I was at SFMM talking to a staff member in the Batman queue, and she asked what I thought of Green Lantern, because everyone says it to be the "lamer version of X2." Ok, they got far enought to recognize they are in name the same type of coaster, but, besides that, there are no similarities at all between them.

www.toptenlinks.com/cat.php/Recreation%3AAmusement+Parks%3AGeneral/ttl_rank/DESC/0/1

WOW, I didn't know that Six Flags was a park.

Everyone, lets go to the #1 park in the country, Six Flags!!!! Now where is that, is it in Jackson, New Jersey, nope, is it in Valencia, California, nope, let me go on Google Maps to find out where Six Flags is located. Now I know its in Grand Prarie, Texas... wait that's their HQ.

(For those who don't know, I'm putting a lot of sarcasm into this post)

This website fell for it: answers.ask.com/Travel/Amusement_Parks/top_10_amusement_parks

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/06/25/earlyshow/living/parenting/main513414.shtml

Read this.

This shows so much proof that amusement parks are extremely safe (which we all know is true) and then there's a stupid government official that Americans voted in that thinks amusement parks are extremely UNSAFE.

A G limit?? That guy is a total idiot... You can withstand tons of G's for short amounts of time. Not like G forces affect injuries on rides anyways.. It's the stupid GP who think they can get around safety regulations. I mean sure, if you want B&M to be the only company in business than you could make G limits. You'd hardly feel any on any of their rides!

At Kennywood: A guy in a totally chill, relaxed manner, talking about the best ride experiences there.

"Yeah, Phantom with no seatbelt is awesome."

Or something to that extent. Do they realize the seatbelt really doesn't affect the ride at all? It just stops you from dying. People are idiots.

Here is one of the stupidest things I have seen from the GP. This is an actual e-mail we got from a guest at Cowabunga Bay.

Hi,

Yesterday I brought my daughter and two friends in to Cowabunga Bay for my daughters birthday. I found the perfect spot to sit and watch the fun under one of your huge umbrellas. I did not get out from under the umbrella for the 4 hours we were there except once to use the restroom. Since I was not in the sun I did not apply sun screen while there ( I did before we left at home.) The kids had a great time and were loving every minute and I was loving being in the shade relaxing and waiting for the huge bucket to drop and mist the air every so often. It was time to leave and we packed up and headed home. When we got home my daughter said I was looking red- I told her there was no way I was red because as she saw I was under the umbrella the entire time. Well, my daughter was right! About an hour later I was bright red- and today I am still burned- BAD! I guess I am writing this to you to suggest you let people know that your umbrellas DO NOT protect at all from the sun! I am now fried and have a horrible tan line- not what I wanted at all! At least the kids had a good time- I just feel like I paid for nothing but a bunch of pain and an ugly line!

Thanks for your time!

^^ So, essentially... She wants park management to babysit her while she babysits her kid! If you sit outside all day and have fair skin of coarse you are going to get burnt. I mean, I have kinda olive skin and I have never gotten a sunburn, but when I go out to the park I spray some on just to be safe...

I can't imagine being raised by a parent careless enough to let this happen, let alone blame the park for it. I feel for the kids.

Lots of things to do...........trouble is.................you wait and wait to get on the slides. Its like Disneyland waiting in a long line carrying a very large tube. Quite expensive to go when you are only able to get on the slides every 30 minutes due to lines. Management should not let so many people in! Water and slides were clean and nice employees.

This was in a review for Golfland Sunsplash in Roseville. Still, Shane's post is hard to top.

My friend I were discussing which park is better Knott's or SFMM and he said Knott's is better because every ride is faster.I ask him how fast the fastest coaster at Knott's goes and he says Xcleleator goes 85. Then I ask him what is the fastest coaster at SFMM and he says "The Termination Salvation Ride" I then told him that SEFK has reached 104 mph and APOCALYPSE goes 50 mph. He then told me that his brother who works at the park was the first one to ride SEFK in SEPTEMBER 2009 and some one died because it went too fast so they made SEFK go 40mph and the only reason it makes it to the top of the tower is because the use a chain to pull it up. To prove to him wrong I show him rcdb and he said that SFMM pays RCDB to put false statistics on their site so people will go to SFMM