TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

To add to the Darien Lake quotes from their facebook page...

Airtime related

The ride should be safe for anyone to ride it. The one and only time I rode that ride, I was lifted right out of the seat. I never felt it was safe enough.

I hope darien lake gets sued the hell out of by his family.... i was lifted out of my seat on that ride and im 5'6"! The ride isnt safe for anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then there's this one

Obviously he wasn't harnesed in correctly because there's pads that hold your shins in

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously he wasn't harnesed in correctly because there's pads that hold your shins in

My sides hurt! I laughed out loud... I'm still laughing. Part of me refuses to believe somebody would be stupid enough to say that, but then I remember I live in America.

Their fb page has a lot more smart comments than I've ever seen at a park's page after an accident, but it also has some downright ridiculous comments too. There was a girl who suggested that the park should've had a net under the coaster the entire time. When another person dismissed her idea, she fought him and his intelligence. I know not everyone is studying physics, but we're not living in a freaking cartoon!

The ride should be safe for anyone to ride it. The one and only time I rode that ride, I was lifted right out of the seat. I never felt it was safe enough.

I think its funny how a lot of the "GP" thinks that airtime is really unsafe. And when coaster enthusiasts ride a coaster, thats something they look for in the a ride. (El toro isn't my #1 coaster for nothing)

This P.O.S Article not only disgraced the New York Times....but made it to the Travel section of my local paper as well.

I'm sure the reporter did a TON of research.....

If that ride is a coaster then I and a lot of people on here need to add one to our credit counts. I know its not though. Oh well, at least a TPR forum member was mentioned in that article.

One of the worst articles I've read (or partially read, I couldn't read the whole thing) was when I did a Google search for best theme parks in America or something like that to get different opinions of best theme parks in America and it mentioned California's Great America is one of the best five theme parks in the country. Has the person who wrote this article only been to five theme parks ever? I know top lists for coasters/parks (or most anything in general) are HIGHLY subjective but I don't know ANYONE who would put California's Great America in their top 5 or top 10 list.

There was a girl who suggested that the park should've had a net under the coaster the entire time. When another person dismissed her idea, she fought him and his intelligence. I know not everyone is studying physics, but we're not living in a freaking cartoon!

I saw this same girl and responded to her I'm ANXIOUSLY waiting her response.

-Cookie

^How dare you graduate high school! And cannon's totally blast you at highway speeds. DUH!

Seriously, that girl needs to calm down. Not only are her comments degrading to the park, but she has absolutely no respect for anybody who disagrees with her. I'm not surprised her comments disappeared.

Anyway, back to the general topic:

Once when I was working at Six Flags New England in 2008, we were preparing to open up the park one Friday afternoon during the school year. I'm walking on the midway just past Batman when a mini-van with two women drives up to me and they asked me if that was the direction to preferred parking (remember, this is inside the park). Apparently they found the parade gate open and thought that was the way. I guess driving past a bunch of waterslides wasn't the least bit suspicious to them.

Just found this one on the POV of Journey to the Center of the Earth at DisneySea:

"The raft ride at Water World in Colorado is more fun, in my opinion."

I've been to Water World a lot, and I will concede that Voyage is a fun slide, but making a comparison between that and Journey is just plain freaking insane.

People on the news are coaster idiots, roller coasters are not dangerous, you just cant ride them with no legs. Also, the New Texas Giant probably stopped on the lift hill so someone didn't get hurt. You are perfectly safe on the top of the hill in the train, but the stupid news people think that getting stuck on a lift hill its a deadly situation that you have to be rescued from.

Then, the critics and safety buffs are going to end up confusing safety with intensity, citing G-LOC grey-outs and black-outs as a safety issue. Then, the only new roller coasters built in the US in 2020 will end up being Japanese-style forceless jet coasters with eighteen-point over-the-shoulder restraints and catwalks along the entire length of the track on both sides.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating. But I'm sure there are plenty of people who think G-LOC on roller coasters is a safety issue.

You're more likely to get injured/killed driving to a park than getting injured/killed on one of their attractions. The news always puts a spin on their reports to catch peoples interest that don't know any better. I remember 3 or 4 years ago a guy lost his prosthetic leg on Dueling Dragons and the news headlines read "Man loses leg on Islands Of Adventure Roller Coaster." Now technically this is true however they could have worded it "Man loses Prosthetic leg on Coaster......"

It's all a play on words......

If you want some good laughs, just read the SFGAm Facebook page. There are too many to post here, but the basic gist is that everyone is complaining that the park was closed Monday, and limited rides were open yesterday and today. Hey, I think they're doing pretty darn good with power only working in select parts of the park!

I went to Canobie Lake yesterday with my friend. First, let me explain. The advertising phrase for Untamed (great ride By the way..) is "Ride the Wild". Back to my story, while walking over to Untamed, I overheard a girl complaining to her friends...

Girl 1 - " Ugh, where IS that Wild ride? I cant find it anywhere."

Girl 2- " Im telling you *girl 1, forgot her name*, that was just a slogan!"

Girl 1- " No, im SURE they added TWO rides this year! Untamed and Wild!"

Girl 3- " I think *girl 1* is right..."

The hell is the world coming to. At least one of them had sense.