TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

You hear some really golden things sometimes. I was working at the entrance to RXCC at Hershey and the most common question is, "what is this?". I usually tell guests that it's like lazertag on wheels or like Buzz lightyear at Disney. One guy thought that you go into the building and you play lazertag while on rollerskates. *faceplam

Another time I was working unloading on it and a 5 or 6 year-old kid came up to me after getting off the ride and asked me if I was a real person?

I swear at Wave Swinger that none of the guests listen to the rules because almost on every ride cycle I have to go on the loudspeaker and tell people to not join hands with other riders or spin their chair.

At Skyview, it's amazing how many people don't know how to get on or off a chair moving at at 2 or 3 mph as well as people not paying attention to the height requirements.

But other than that, it's mostly, "is this the entrance to the Big Bear?" (at Looper), "does this coaster go upside down?" (at Comet) as well as how to get to the exit.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot one - something done, not said, but still.

Flashback at SFNE. Pull down my harness - there is a HUGE LOOGIE on it. Green and everything. I motion to the attendant and she makes an "ugh" face and walks away. I had to pull a receipt out of my pocket and scoop it up because I was already locked in...

Yesterday at DCA on California Screamin' - some woman (30s) with her two young kids - she was livid that they 'forced' her on the ride. The whole time she kept 'screamin' ( ) that she was going to have a heart attack, the ride is unsafe, and then she told her kids, "Hold on - this is dangerous," and, "These things are death traps."

Guess what happened when we returned to the station? She wanted to ride again. Once you break your coaster virginity, there's just no turning back.

So I had picked Millennium Force from the last poster and pit it against Superman: Ride of Steel (now called Bizarro). The next person's response was something along the lines of,

"Are you kidding? That's the stupidest post ever! There's nothing to compare, Millennium Force is like 100 feet taller. Since that post was so stupid, I'm going to skip over it. Millennium Force vs. Magnum XL 200"

Sounds like a CP fanboy to me!

Some "gangsta" dude in line for Green Lantern. "Yo why does the one side keep spinning more than the other?" Going yesterday reminded me of how much I hate SFMM in the summer got cut 7 times for GL and had little kids get off Road Runner and them run around and cut us 3 times.

At Great Adventure, in line for Superman, watching an advertisement for batteries on the tv in which there are THREE BATTERIES traveling around a track made on what appeared to be AirCoaster (A triple dueling coaster) the lady behind us says. "Wait, is that a new ride? I think it is!" Ugh..

Putting my p.e bag in my looker at school and this six former walked passed with her friend and said 'alrigh' I wen' to thorpe park an' rode saw right an' it were well rattly...' If I could here the rest of that statment it would have been gold!

Some "gangsta" dude in line for Green Lantern. "Yo why does the one side keep spinning more than the other?" Going yesterday reminded me of how much I hate SFMM in the summer got cut 7 times for GL and had little kids get off Road Runner and them run around and cut us 3 times.

I tripped some little middle school bitch at SFNE when he got off the Cyclone, then proceeded to run back and try and cut me. Stuck my foot out and watched him land on the railing face-first. He threatened to **** me up until he saw that I was almost a foot taller than him and quite a bit heavier, then he told me to watch my ass as he stormed off with his little buddies. I mockingly told him I was terrified; of course, I didn't see him for the rest of the day.

I tripped some little middle school bitch at SFNE when he got off the Cyclone, then proceeded to run back and try and cut me. Stuck my foot out and watched him land on the railing face-first. He threatened to **** me up until he saw that I was almost a foot taller than him and quite a bit heavier, then he told me to watch my A$$ as he stormed off with his little buddies. I mockingly told him I was terrified; of course, I didn't see him for the rest of the day.

Wait, you tripped him on purpose when he was getting off, for no reason? That was a douche move.

No, I tripped him because he shoved past quite a few people and tried to do the same to me. I don't care who you are, you don't cut in front of me.

Oh, sorry. The way that was worded I thought you tripped him first, then he cut in front of you. Sorry!

I've heard this one MULTIPLE times.

Person: "We're going to Six Flags this weekend!"

Me: "Which one?"

Person: "There's more than one Six Flags?"

And they always seem super shocked when I explain to them that there are lots of Six Flags, not just in CA, not just in the US, but also in a few international locations.

And I think there have been a few times when someone thought that Marine World and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom were different parks.

Because at one time they were different parks.

And I think there have been a few times when someone thought that Marine World and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom were different parks.

Quick history bit: Marine World used to be in Redwood Shores, CA before it moved to its present location in Vallejo. I know this doesn't mean it was ever two separate parks, but I thought this was a good bit of info to share.

What I think I hate the most about the GP is how they think that rules apply to everyone except them. And this isn't just in amusement parks because I see it every night at my hotel! There is a sign that clearly says that we lock our front doors at night, and to use you key to get in. But every night, some idiot decides that that that rule doesn't apply to him, and that he needs to pry open or break down the doors to get in. They walk into our cordoned off restraurants and make themselves at home, they break open our locked ice cream freezer in the gift shop...the list goes on and on.

I am not sure why people think that they can just go anywhere they like despite the fact that they are clearly being told they can't. In December, I saw an entire family jump over the rails at Spaceship Earth so they didn't have to wait. When a friend asked what they were doing, the father was like "I'm getting in line!!!" Oh, so I guess you and you alone are exempt from waiting in line like everyone else. Of course. I didn't realize who I was speaking to

I also can't stand when the GP insists on what they are saying is true, when they realy have no clue what they are talking about. Like how you will hear people say "Yeah, I rode the roller coaster inside the big ball at Epcot and it was awesome! It flipped me upside down 10 times!" Get real hahaha I have no tolerance for flaunting your ignorance, and that is ignorance, plain and simple.

-Julie

What I hate is the gangster-type people who walk in and start being obnoxious. They make feel really unsafe. I even heard a story about a park that did a $10 discount, and a whole bunch of people went in and started fights. The police had to get involved

Last month at Six Flags St. Louis, while standing and waiting for them to drop the ropes in the morning (it's about 10:27), a woman in front of us turns around to us like we had asked her a question, and then starts complaining, "If the park doesn't open until 10:30 they should say so on the website instead of saying 10:00."

I don't know which of the 10am Six Flags parks she was looking at the schedule for, but St. Louis opens at 10:30 all summer. Never 10:00.

I just gave her a blank stare. Once she realized we weren't interested, she turned back around. lol

As a result if the death at Darien Lake their Facebook is now filled to the brim with *facepalms. A lot of story telling and people throwing blame around. For example.

I'm here now and the guy ask the big peson if he could ride and they said yes and the story is the his hat came

off and he tried to get it and that's how he came out!!! And his people that was with him tried to talk him out of it !! But he wanted to go !! And they say he died happy

Scre Darien Lake!!!!!!!!!!!!
People need to Be Fired Here!!
Darien Lake is the worse place ever now. Should never have let that man on the ride. I'm never going there again.

^Good, shorter lines for me.

Omg, neveeer again willlll i go on this rideee i donttt feel safffe at alllll. there should be shoulder harnest's like vipeeeer even though the ride doesnt go upsideee down. R.i.p to the genteeelman thatt died from wantingg to haveee inosent fun

^So upsetttt sheees stuttttttttering. OMG!