TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2018 Coaster Poll Results!

I’m also surprised by Soaring with Dragon, as I never thought much of it and didn't think many people had been out that way to ride it.

And that my friend, is the magic of this poll...

Those remote coasters in far-far-away land get due representation, as opposed to... well, you know, that other poll....

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steel Vengeance was in my #1 category. It's seriously that good. Echoing Erik's note, I'm thankful for being a part of not one but TWO Steel Vengeance ERT sessions that allowed me to ride in every row multiple times. It has it all. I liked the front seat the best and the wave turn over the brake run and the dive into the structure right before is my favorite part of the ride.

Well done CP and RMC you earned it!

Also thanks to the team who put in the hard work on this project!

There could be a coaster poll for one' s favorite part of SV.

First time I bought Fast Lane, it was necessary and worth it.

That means that of everyone who filled out a ballot with Steel Vengeance on it, there were only a single-digit number of people that DIDN'T put it as their #1.

Sorry to screw up the even sweep but... you know... there was this blue thing across the park.

Same here. Steel Vengeance is great, but there's only one reason I'm going to Cedar Point-- to ride the FUTURE!!!

That means that of everyone who filled out a ballot with Steel Vengeance on it, there were only a single-digit number of people that DIDN'T put it as their #1.

Sorry to screw up the even sweep but... you know... there was this blue thing across the park.

Corkscrew?

I’m thinking he means something he couldn’t rank anyway, the Skyride.

Try again. Blue and big. The biggest blue thing in the park.

Some might even say the future is still riding on it.

One thing I'm confused by - Why is it that on the "Top 25 Overall" Wildfire places ahead Outlaw Run and I305 places ahead of GeForce, but when separated into "Top 25 Steel/Wood" these places become switched? Is there something different about the ranking algorithm that changes between Overall and Wood/Steel separated?

I already answered this.

The way the wood / steel polls work is that the other steel / wood coasters are completely removed from the poll as if they don't qualify, and THEN the results are re-calculated. This means that a wooden coaster which, in the combined poll, lost because people preferred many steel coasters over it, will suddenly jump in rank now that those steel coasters "don't count" anymore. Voyage jumped 63 (!) places because of this.

I now have strange desire to go to SFA and marathon the second worst coaster in the entire world. Due to the clone rule, I moved all my SLC rankings up to tie with El Toro, but this is not the clone I did that for.

The only part of this poll that baffles me, is the worst wooden coasters.

Seriously....Zacks zoomer and little dipper made this list? I could think of a hundred other wooden coasters that should be on that list.

Zacks zoomer is a kiddy coaster in nowhere Michigan, that is basically a clone of the kiddy wooden coaster at kings island, dominion, and carowinds. It's in no way rough, and it runs just as good as the other clones of it(none of witch made the list). Confused on this one.

Little dipper at six flags? All I can say is seriously??? Out of all the bad wooden coasters in the world, this is one of the worst?

This is just my opinion, but kinda odd.

Now taking requests!

What "top 10" lists do you want to see? I'm talking best B&Ms, best coasters themed to animals, best coasters in a specific region, etc...

Now taking requests!

What "top 10" lists do you want to see? I'm talking best B&Ms, best coasters themed to animals, best coasters in a specific region, etc...

I have a few.

- B&M floorless/sitdown

- B&M hyper/gigas

- B&M inverts

- B&M flyers

- B&M dive machines

- B&M wing

- Intamin hyper/gigas

- Intamin LSM/LIM Launch

- Intamin Hydraulic Launch

- Intamin woodies

- RMC woodies

- RMC steel

- GCIs

- CCIs

- Gravity Groups

- Morgan Hyper/Gigas

- Arrow mine trains

- Arrow loopers

- Arrow Suspended

- Premier launchers

- Schwarzkopfs

etc

(I'll do this if ya'll aren't up to it. Just say the word!)

So... are we sharing personal rankings yet? I'll get the ball rolling on that since I know everyone's going to.

Link

Top 20

1 Millennium Force

2 El Toro

3 Phoenix

4 Maverick

5 Fury 325

6 Steel Vengeance

7 Lightning Rod

8 Kumba

9 Montu

10 Intimidator 305

11 Tatsu

12 Iron Rattler

13 Twisted Colossus

14 Goliath (Great America)

15 Twisted Timbers

16 Raptor (Cedar Point)

17 Mystery Mine (Lol)

18 Alpengeist

19 Afterburn

20 Twister (Knoebels)

Green Lantern at Magic Mountain gets the title of worst coaster on my list but it looks like it wasn't counted since it (mercifully) didn't operate last year so Mighty Canadian Minebuster can carry the torch.

I didn't count Gringotts since it's probably the best ride I've ever been on (though Indy at Disneyland and Flight of Passage are right there too) but it's not really in the spirit of this at all.

https://coasterpoll.com/u/boldikus/rankings

1 Maverick

2 El Toro

3 Skyrush

4 Superman (SFNE)

5 I305

6 Wicked Cyclone

7 Twisted Cyclone

8 Twisted Timbers

9 Phantoms Revenge

10 Storm Runner

11 Millennium Force

12 Cheetah Hunt

13 White Lightning

14 Nitro

15 Mako

16 Magnum Xl200

17 Alpengesit

18 Montu

19 Volcano

20 Gale Force

21 Griffon

22 Goliath (SFOG)

23 Dominator

24 Apollos Chariot

25 Kumba

Worst:

5 Ragin Cajin

4 Georgia Scorcher

3 Green Lantern (SFGadv)

2 Apocalypse (SFA)

1 Batwing

Top 25

1) Lightning Rod

2) Steel Vengeance

3) Phoenix

4) Expedition GeForce

5) Boulder Dash

6) Wildfire

7) Twisted Colossus

8) Outlaw Run

9) Iron Rattler

10) Skyrush

11) Fury 325 (after my 2019 rides this would be #5)

12) Helix

13) Shambhala

14) Voyage

15) El Toro

16) Millennium Force

17) Twisted Cyclone

18) Twisted Timbers

19) Wonder Woman

20) Storm Chaser

21) Balder

22) Eejanaika

23) X2

24) Intimidator 305

25) GhostRider

Bottom 10

495) Thunderhawk (Michigan's Adventure)

496) Mind Eraser (Darien Lake)

497) Coast Rider

498) Bat (Canada's Wonderland)

499) Apocalypse (Six Flags America)

500) Vortex (after my 2019 rides, this should be like 200-300 spots higher)

501) Ednor

502) Kong

503) Flight Deck

504) Mind Eraser (Six Flags America)

Wow Canada's Wonderland has a legit argument at having 4 of the worst coasters in the world with Minebuster, Time Warp, Flight Deck, and Bat.

Rankings

It honestly brings joy to my heart to see someone bury Coast Rider like that. I put it a little bit higher because I pretty much have an "I'd rather be bored than in pain" outlook when ranking coasters but that ride is f*cking atrocious in every way. I have no idea how anyone can make a modern Wild Mouse that's that terrible. I know it's a family ride but I felt like the ride ops were about to ask us to get out and push.

... I feel like we already had this conversation but that's fine. There can never be enough conversations about how bad that ride is.

Top 10 at or under 100 ft - I would love to see this since we've had a lot of new kickass rides built lately meeting this condition.

Don't worry, only three RMC's meet this requirement. Could be just one (Joker) if you limit it to under 100 ft only.

It honestly brings joy to my heart to see someone bury Coast Rider like that. I put it a little bit higher because I pretty much have an "I'd rather be bored than in pain" outlook when ranking coasters but that ride is f*cking atrocious in every way. I have no idea how anyone can make a modern Wild Mouse that's that terrible. I know it's a family ride but I felt like the ride ops were about to ask us to get out and push.

... I feel like we already had this conversation but that's fine. There can never be enough conversations about how bad that ride is.

It's truly spectacular that every other ride at the bottom of my list is pretty much a violent looper and then you have a wild mouse that was 100% ruined by the restraints. And I'm only 5'9". I pity anyone taller who tries to ride it.

I was having issues with a few of my rankings rearranging, but before submitting my ballot, my #1 priority was to make SURE Coast Rider was at the very bottom of my list!

My rankings!

TOP 25

1) Millennium Force

2) Expedition GeForce

3) Steel Vengeance

4) Lightning Rod

5) Medusa Steel Coaster

6) El Toro

7) Outlaw Run

8) Kärnan

9) Wildfire (Kolmarden)

10) Helix

11) Fury 325

12) Storm Runner

13) Skyrush

14) Phoenix

15) Top Thrill Dragster

16) Maverick

17) Goliath (Walibi Holland)

18) The Voyage

19) Intimidator 305

**) Colossos (Heide Park) (wasn't officially on the rankings)

21) Banshee

22) Montu

23) Phantom's Revenge

24) Kingda Ka

25) Kumba

26) Incredicoaster

I admit that I seem to under-rate a couple enthusiast favorites (Maverick, I305). Two RMCs I consider mid-tier (Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers) didn't make my top 25 despite high finishes in the overall rankings. But I'll never apologize for having Kärnan in my personal top 10 (was #63 overall). Whoever put that thing together is an evil genius.

BOTTOM 10 (#1 is worst)

1) Hades 360

2) Bandit

3) El Condor

4) MP Xpress

5) Soarin' Eagle (Luna Park)

6) Temple of the Night Hawk

7) Crazy Mine (Hansa Park)

8) T3

9) Nighthawk (Carowinds)

10) Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril

I guess I have something against Nighthawks.

I'd like to post my rankings here, but I can't access them on the coaster poll website. I even navigated to my user profile and clicked "view entire rankings." Is this a known problem?