Which political party do you belong to?

ScOtT k

Democrat, Republican, or other?  

1. 1. Democrat, Republican, or other?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be totally wrong here but I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that you can actually drink at the age of 18 if you're serving military service...? Did I dream that?!

The answer is "No." On any U.S. military base in any country, Federal laws still apply, which means you cannot drink under the age of 21. However, if you're off post and not in the U.S. . . .

I am a registered Republican but certainly consider myself more of an Independant. I disagree with veiws from both sides and am not at all impressed with president Bush sense being re-elected but I am not convinced that Kerry would have done much better. Honestly, I get much more involved and concerned with politics on a local and state level than national, and I live in a VERY left wing liberal city. I don't know the last time Oregon fell into the "red state" category but It has certainly been a while.

Since I havent registered, Im nothing as of yet. But, my political compass plots me at Economic Left/Right: -4.13, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97. Which means im a Collectivist Anarchist...or a crazy Commie Libertarian person.

My values dont really fit into the whole Democrat/Republican thing. IMO, both parties have their severe flaws. I wont be joining either of them.

• 9 months later...

I'm now a Republidemocrap

as a Republidemocrap, I can vote for whoever I want, and have the power to proclaim anyone a jackass

the good news is the jackass proclomation in unlimited, the bad news, they are all jackasses

• 1 year later...

I've voted Republican since I became eligible to vote in 2000, but I will admit that neither party really reflects my views.

I think we should leave Iraq only after getting it right, and lean towards right on some social issues, though support gay rights all the way to civil unions (not including marriage). Those would make me pretty much Republican.

However I think the government should have a stronger role in urban planning/smart growth/regional growth management, and should place more emphasis in public transportation, especially rapid transit. We're paying too great a cost building auto-dependent cities and suburbs. Construction jobs should be redirected towards rebuilding our center cities and their infrastructure rather than building more cookie-cutter sprawl. These are policies more Democrat-friendly.

I'm a member of Canada's New Democratic Party (NDP), which is our left-wing entity. Or at least they claim to be. Most of Canadian politics hovers around the centre, occasionally shifting left or right depending on which party is in power.

Normally, I'll vote NDP, but I have been known to vote for the Green Party every now and then.