TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2018 Trade Show LIVE Updates from TPR!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving the show and the coverage!

If you get the chance to take a look at it - I heard that the famous VR game "Beat Saber" is coming up with a new arcade machine that they are premiering in IAAPA and I'm excited to see what it looks like. I'd love to see it in the coverage if you get around to it!

Looks like they'd be timing the rotation so you see a screen

Oh, c'mon! This isn't a Universal attraction!

Roll, stop, watch video . . . repeat. That's the Universal way!

Edited by cfc

The coaster made out of cake is a amazing work of art. The show looks pretty awesome. Love to see those Pong machines pop up soon at Dave and Busters.

Lot of great pics and videos. That is amazing footage from Disney Parks. Thanks!

Thanks for all the coverage and pictures. Seeing pictures of Robb not wearing shorts is well......odd.

I've never worn shorts to IAAPA in the last 18 years we've been covering the show.

What I should have said then is this is the only time I usually see you without shorts on a yearly basis and it looks odd first glance. Or on your fall/winter NYC and Utah visits. You just don't look 'natural' in pants.....or without a Starbucks in your hand.

Looks like they'd be timing the rotation so you see a screen

Oh, c'mon! This isn't a Universal attraction!

Roll, stop, watch video . . . repeat. That's the Universal way!

Don't forget water being squirted at you too.

Ah, yes--that was forgetful of me.

But wait, IAAPA coverage isn’t over! Intamin and Compagnie Des Alps have announced two new coasters - a Mega Coaster for Walibi Belgium and an LSM Launched Coaster for Parc Asterix!

09DEB493-777F-4563-A1FF-62EB545A54F6.thumb.jpeg.9875135681a878c112c6fba875fc8748.jpeg

Yeah, they're still in it. Huss still makes and sells new Enterprises, Condors and Top Spins too. The market is just incredibly saturated.

Don't believe they are in the portable ride market anymore.

Both those Intamins look incredible.

For the one at Asterix, experiencing a beyond vertical drop in the back with such a long train should be a real treat. Has the longest train for a beyond vertical drop so far been the 3 car ones on the Intamin Blitz coasters? It'll be interesting getting one of those 3 part launches and a full layout to go with it.

The coaster at Walibi Belgium looks like Expedition GeForce mixed with an RMC and that's perfectly fine by me. I like how Intamin appears to be borrowing those awesome wave turns from RMCs.

The coaster at Walibi Belgium looks like Expedition GeForce mixed with an RMC and that's perfectly fine by me. I like how Intamin appears to be borrowing those awesome wave turns from RMCs.

It seems like Intamin (and/or other parks) are noticing how much people love these new RMCs and are doing something about it. All it takes is a park with the budget and the want to make it happen! Glad they're coming through.