TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

HOLOTYPE!!

Imhotep

I thought I would tell you guys about one of my other interests. Im in a band called Holotype based out of Orlando, FL. We are still local, but we are working very hard to change that. I have alot of fun doing this, and hope this will one day become my carrer.

Our music is more on the aggressive side, with melodic hooks and overtones throughout. Vocally, we have screaming as well as singing. We have played alot of different places from Orlando (including HOB and HRL) to Miami, and we will be playing Jacksonville next month. Next year, we hope to take a 'Mini Tour' up through Virginia and back.

If you are interested in hearing some of our songs, We have a player on our site, http://www.holotypemusic.com in the media section (or click the link in the banner to launch). There are 5 full length songs and 4 song clips for you to check out. Feedback is greatly appriciated, plus Id be interested to know how many people on the boards are into this type of music.

If anyone else here is in a local band, I would be interested in checking out your band as well!

-I \m/. hotep .\m/

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not my kind of music, however being a musician and knowing what goes into making a band, your stuff is tight, well produced and down right jams!

The lead signer must have one heck of a sore throat nightly! :shock:

Tight sound, high energy, speed metal! And not every song sounds the same. So many bands fail when it comes to original sound. Too bad your in Florida, we've a venue here in Salem, the IKE BOX, a great spot for bands such has yours. Portland has a great indie scene too,if you every venture west let me know my brother in law is bug into this kind of music!

Speaking of other bands and stuff...

I was never in one, since I'm not at all musically inclined, but a close friend of mine was the drummer in a band called "Home Style" and he said they were the opening act for the band called "Sister Hazel." (Some of you may know S.H.) Oddly enough, there's a track on their CD called "Marianne" which is the name of my wife (same spelling too.) This was a total coincidence.

I don't think the band is even doing anything anymore and Jason is now selling stuff on Ebay... :?

Ive heard of Sister Hazel. Ive seen them play at Rollins College I believe. Not typically what I would listen to, but still a pretty good band!

I thought Id note this. For those of you who do not like screaming, check out Matchless and Unhealing. Those songs have singing through the majority of the song. Also , all the clips highlight the singing portions of our songs.

-Imhotep