TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Las Vegas Area Attractions Discussion

18 hours ago, VegasGuy89109 said:

Nope. Pass it every day though and it's just a quick hop off and on the freeway. 

The Tropicana entrance to the 15 is never just "a quick hop" unless it's 3am on a weeknight.  Stop talking crazy, man. :lmao:

2 hours ago, KBrylczyk said:

The Tropicana entrance to the 15 is never just "a quick hop" unless it's 3am on a weeknight.  Stop talking crazy, man. :lmao:

Who takes Trop? lol. Take the Frank Sinatra Exit from the 15 and take the back way and use the same road to get back on at Russell.

15 hours ago, u4icmusic said:

I disagree. I think that people that are going to possibly ride that coaster in the future would like to know what happened and will the coaster be safe to ride when it reopens. Being honest about a major derailment or lift failure, or whatever happened would not be a black eye on the hotel or the city as a whole. Hiding what happened is a problem though.

OK then answer me this: How exactly would people that are going to possibly ride that coaster in the future even know what happened since there is absolutely no story about it to begin with? Being honest about a major derailment? How are they being dishonest? How are they hiding this? The f*cking train was 200 feet above the strip for all of Vegas to see. Major derailment? You've got to be joking. No one died, it was not major, there is no story.

Enjoy your time here, judging by your posts, I'm sure it will be short lived.

• Like 1

Waving a red flag in front of a coaster saying “this once had an accident” is no way to attract business. What guests don’t know can’t hurt them, especially when it wouldn’t hurt them even if they did. There is no benefit to that kind of overt transparency. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm so entertained by the thought of the hotel going "Hey everyone, I know you guys didn't notice but the people making the new trains for our coaster have no idea what the f*ck they're doing and they derailed 200 feet in the air and destroyed the catwalk that we would use to get to the train in the event of an emergency and... well... it f*cked everything up super bad. Anyway, the ride should be open in less than a month if it doesn't happen again. Get your tickets for only $19.00 per person or get a Scream Pass for just $30. Book now!

• Haha 6

Even if word got out do people really expect the place to say more than a little PR statement along the lines of "During our pre-opening testing, we found a slight technical problem on one of the ride vehicles and we are investigating. Your safety is our priority."

• Like 1

That makes sense, given the recent issue...

I do hope they sort the trains out and get them running. I’m not a huge fan of the cramped Premier Sky Rocket trains, especially with comfort collars, but anything is better than those terrible shoulder pad restraints on the old trains. These new trains also have an addition 2 seats per train, slightly increasing the capacity (not that capacity matters much for a ride like this, but nice nonetheless).

On 1/12/2021 at 9:34 PM, thrillseeker4552 said:

^I don't blame you at all. I am following this closely as well!

I posted this in the Adventuredome thread, but since you seem to be a Vegas local, I'll ask here. Do you have any idea how Adventuredome crowds have been lately? I will spending a few hours there on Friday.

I recommend going mid-week. Avoid the weekends.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

Who ever would have thought that would be the most terrifying part of the ride?

Right?! If it's open in a few months I'm hoping we get to ride it. However, I've got a feeling I will be terrified the entire time. Not of the ride... But of the possibility of it derailing. 🙄

By complete coincidence, I headed down to the Strip and noticed the Big Apple Coaster was running. I had never ridden it before tonight and was pleasantly surprised, given how terrible I had heard it was before. The Premier trains kept it from being a painful experience. My primary complaint is that that the mid-course brake run brings the ride to a halt, which I imagine was a godsend when it had the older trains.

Also, what is the reason people dislike the “comfort collars”? Do you find them uncomfortable, or do you just dislike that it increases the time it takes to dispatch the train?

3 minutes ago, JGuy said:

Also, what is the reason people dislike the “comfort collars”? Do you find them uncomfortable, or do you just dislike that it increases the time it takes to dispatch the train?

I can’t speak for Big Apple Coaster, but based on my experience with the comfort collars on Electric Eel and West Coast Racers, they are right at cheek-height and cause unnecessary contact with your face/neck. They are not uncomfortable at all (they hardly touch you), but that is kinda the point... they hardly touch you. I would almost rather have them against my body/shoulders to avoid contact with my face. But they sit in such an awkward place, away from the body, that they feel so unnecessary and silly.

And, yeah, they increase load times. Those Premier trains are already a pain to get in and out of. Although they are supposedly faster than the seatbelt-lapbar combo as seen on Full Throttle, Superman at SFDK, etc.

I am glad to hear the ride experience on Big Apple isn’t terrible.