TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Las Vegas Area Attractions Discussion

Judging from the last picture, the front bogey of the second car looks decidedly not attached where it should be.  Not sure if I'd call it a "derailment," but yeah, epic failure.

7 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

It is odd that this incident occurred on the lift hill, of all places.

Well, I am glad this occurred during preliminary testing before taking any passengers. Who knows what could've happened during the rest of that janky layout if it can't even survive the lift hill.

This didn't happen on the first run.  It had completed the course previously.

Thankfully no one was hurt and they were still testing.  Wonder who pays for all of that?  Seems like it might be the new train's wheel assembly at fault.

11 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

He never said it happened on the first run. 

As for who pays for it, Premier (unless they can push the blame onto some subcontractor).

Moral of the story: If you ever need to retrofit a new train onto your piece of shit coaster, don’t call Premier

Goliath was so good opening year.  I still want to know the logic behind having a company that never once made an inverted train make one when the original manufacturer was still in business.

2 hours ago, tndank said:

This didn't happen on the first run.  It had completed the course previously.

Yeah, I had seen videos on social media of previous test runs, so I knew it wasn’t the first. But I totally see how my wording implied that.

It’s still kind of hilarious that this happened on the least stressful part of the ride (outside of the station and brakes).

On 12/25/2020 at 1:44 AM, KarlaKoaster said:

I don't understand how the detached wheel assembly ended up forward of the car it came from? But I guess all forms of logic go out the window when it comes to Premier's current POS train designs.

Maybe they put the anti-roll back on backward.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, boldikus said:

1 post and you want us to download pics from some rando link? No thanks.

Sorry, I can't figure out to how embed photos into the post and can't find any how-to tutorial. If anyone can assist me with that, I'd be more than happy to fix. Thanks! 

28 minutes ago, VegasGuy89109 said:

Sorry, I can't figure out to how embed photos into the post and can't find any how-to tutorial. If anyone can assist me with that, I'd be more than happy to fix. Thanks! 

I think it's just because they are .heic files (maybe direct from your phone/camera) so when you uploaded they just appeared as attachments as they're not recognised as images. I think if you can somehow save as .jpg before uploading them they should appear in the post like normal. Thanks for posting them anyway, I appreciate it and welcome to the forum 🙂

1 hour ago, KarlaKoaster said:

I think it's just because they are .heic files (maybe direct from your phone/camera) so when you uploaded they just appeared as attachments as they're not recognised as images. I think if you can somehow save as .jpg before uploading them they should appear in the post like normal. Thanks for posting them anyway, I appreciate it and welcome to the forum 🙂

I was able to convert the photos to jpeg. Photos credit of VegasGuy89109

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

3 hours ago, KarlaKoaster said:

Ahh....makes total sense. Will try that next time and thanks to @SoCalJasonland for uploading the photos into the thread for me.

Glad to be here! :)

• Like 2