TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How would you respond? (Knoebels vs. CP)

Prime example of why I don't talk to people: I'm at my daughter's practice and notice a mom's BREAKERS T-Shirt. Assuming she liked coasters I said, "I love the Point, haven't stayed at Breakers. We went to Knoebels last week." She said, "Knoebels? Poor replacement for Cedar Point."

Politics and religion being safer topics, I managed to smile and walk away.

How would you respond?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, first off let me preface this by saying I really am not one to be bothered by other people's opinions. Knoebel's and Cedar Point really are two completely different experiences. People are going to feel the way they are going to feel about things and if someone is passionate about something you are not going to change their mind. Some people don't even want to hear a differing opinion either. You could simply say that you went for the atmosphere or how not everything is about coasters, yada yada...

That being said I think the appropriate action would be to throw water in his face and walk off. You don't need that kind of negativity.

It's an absolutely ridiculous comparison. It's not even apples to oranges, it's just...insanely stupid. It's like saying filet mignon is a poor replacement for an ice cream sundae, or bread is a poor substitute for water. If you're trying to replace one with the other, the problem isn't the replacement, it's you.

So yeah, you responded the best way possible. Just walk away.

Knoebel's and Cedar Point really are two completely different experiences.

Yep. In almost every way possible. Both are great parks.

She sounded like a perfect biiishhh. At least you know not to talk to her anymore.

Prime example of why I don't talk to people: I'm at my daughter's practice and notice a mom's BREAKERS T-Shirt. Assuming she liked coasters I said, "I love the Point, haven't stayed at Breakers. We went to Knoebels last week." She said, "Knoebels? Poor replacement for Cedar Point."

Politics and religion being safer topics, I managed to smile and walk away.

How would you respond?

"Tell Cedar Point to put buzzbars back on Blue Streak and build some dark rides, and maybe I'd feel less like going there."

I wouldn't respond because I don't care and arguing theme parks and coasters with some mom at soccer practice would be awkward as f*ck and would encompass every single enthusiast stereotype at the exact same time.

I suppose the only way it would be more of a stereotype is if the person arguing theme parks and coasters with some mom at soccer practice didn't actually have a daughter.

And I think anyone who implies that the way you have fun isn't the right way to have fun is too narcissistic to listen/consider your opinion anyway...

To answer your question, I would have walked away as well.

Honestly, I don't think it's worth responding to... And I think anyone who implies that the way you have fun isn't the right way to have fun is too narcissistic to listen/consider your opinion anyway...

Love it, because narrow minded fun killing opinions aren't worth arguing over.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of the game!