TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild CP rumor.

The position your body is in makes a huge difference - not piddly. Of course the G's from the track are what cause it but your body cant handle as many G's laying down as it can sitting up.

I'm pretty sure you can handle more g's on the lie position than the fly position. Also, another reason why I think they don't have any extreem g's in fly position is that maybe the restraints wouldn't be able to function properly at 3 g's and heavier set people.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chairman Dick Kinzel has stated he wants to top Dragster before he retires in 2007. I think there will be no coasters in 2006, and a huge coaster on 2007 which will employ an elevator rather than a conventional lift hill, to minimise the coasters footprint. This would seem logical as launches are proving to problematic over 400 feet, and the footprint for a 500 foot plus lift hill would be huge.

I hope they do get a coaster like that but I hope they make it a quality coaster like SFNE's ride of steel rather then one big thrill.

Even ignoring all the obvious reasons why this ride most likely won't be built at all ...

But let alone that even if it was true it would never happen for 2006. If said ride was planned for 2006 construction would have started long ago.

Seems like Cedar Point is always a source of the stupidest rumours that people can come up with.

Wasn't Wicked Twiser supposed to be 400-500 feet?

^Ever since when do coaster really have defined meanings?

I mean, back in the day people thought a loop was crazy, and now they're everywhere. Woodies used to not loop. 200' was seen as astronomically high, and gravity was the only way to get through the course.

Flying coasters are meant to simulate FLYING, and I can't think of any better way to do that than to be 500' in the air, like some birds would be. While it may not be practical, it would be the ideal fashion for recreating flight.

There is a distinction between proper and practical, and you clearly didn't make it.

^I agree with what you just said. It would easily simulate flying. Birds fly hundreds of feet above the earth and at speeds exceeding 60 MPH. I don't see this happening.

Someone said that flyers have barely broken 100 feet. I bet that Tatsu will be 150 plus.

Lets all face it, a S&S Power package is coming. We will be seeing two or three S&S rides around the park.

I can not see a 500 ft flyer that is insane you would have to be crazy to go on that. You pull so many G's in the pretzel loop at 60 mph. When your at 500 ft your going well over 100 mph that is too much I would not even think of going on it. If it was a sit down like MF then I would start booking my hotel.

i do belive it will be a flying coaster, I don't think it is going to be 500 feet. I'm also not sure if Kinzel even said that. They make choices based on investment. A flying coaster is an attraction by itself, and would not have to be 500 feet. Remember, most of the GP has never heard of, or seen, a flying coaster.

Now what would be cool is if they did at least one portion over the rapids ride.

I can not see a 500 ft flyer that is insane you would have to be crazy to go on that. You pull so many G's in the pretzel loop at 60 mph. When your at 500 ft your going well over 100 mph that is too much I would not even think of going on it.

See, the main misconception that people are making is that it would have to drop all the way down, and quickly. A flying coaster that huge would be very spread out and swoopy. I would love it!

^I agree. I could see a flyer at CP, swooping over and udner midways. 'twould be fun.

Has anyone heard of Interactive Ride's NAVY: "The Experience"? While it's not technically a flying coaster, I could see it mistaken for a flying coaster.

NAVY: "The Experience" is a new breed of launch coaster taking rollercoasters to a new level. This coaster launches riders like a fighter jet taking off from an aircraft carrier. With 3,000 ft. of track and heights of up to 450 ft, "The Experience" is guaranteed to thrill riders on every ride.

See it for yourself..

http://www.interactiverides.com/pages/Coasters.html#

By looking at outline of the part under the blue tarp in the Soak City parking lot, it is pretty obvious that CP is getting a S&S Screaming Swing for 2006.

Something big is coming to Frontier Town in 2007, but I bet it will be either a high tech flume ride or some type of family water coaster. A family attraction is needed to replace White Water Landing. I don't see a 500' coaster any time soon.

Well, despite what most may think, CP is indeed getting a new coaster for the 2006 season. The track picture on pointbuzz.com indicates that...it's S&S Power/SLC for CP....I highly doubt that "the point" would storage the ride and and then re-surface it to build it in 2006 for the 2007 season. And I could be wrong about it being a coaster...but put it like this, Whatever it is going to be, I know it'll be fun if it's built in CP.....majority if not nearly all there rides are fun.

LOL - The "SLC" on the shipping tag picture on Pointbuzz is part of the Yellow Freight tracking number.

And, "SLC" is the code for Salt Lake City, the origin of the parts (actually the hub closest to the factory).

I'm guessing they are getting the Screaming Swing and something else for 2006, but the BIG attraction that will take WWL's spot will be the 2007 addition (requiring more than a year for site prep and construction.