TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Trip report 24 October - 6 November

Hi all…

This is the first part of our trip report, live from WDW

Who; Andy (Ghost), Jarod (son), Gilly (Beloved wife)

After a long trip we arrived at WDW. When finally arrived at the hotel, Caribbean Beach resort, the horror started… After a trip of about 22 hours we got our keys for the room. They asked us to wait for the bell man to take us to our room…. We waited… 10 minutes, 20 minutes… 45 minutes… 1hour… Yes 1 hour (and several complaints later) they finally brought us to the rooms… (If we had known we would have walked)… So no more going to eat, to late and tired… So we order pizza to the room… Bah…. Then some sleep…

To wake up at 3 (jetlag…) waited to go to breakfast at 6:30 hoping to hit EPCOT early opening hours at 8:00… But of course this was without calculation Wilma, the nice hurricane that is coming our way. Sounds dramatic, but we will only see the tip of it. But it is enough to have all parks closed… for the day!... so here we are, 8:30 in the morning, in our room, for the rest of the day…

What is the best you can do then… shop. So Jarod got Pal Mickey, I bought the 5 DVD resort set, a couple of pins and food to eat in the afternoon at our room as the worst will be hitting then

I hope to have some pictures up later or in the next days… Keep coming back for more reports from WDW

a first picture; please go and see it... it is related to this website;

http://forum.mousekingdom.com/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=26&topic_id=1156&mesg_id=1156

Edited by Ghost

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ yes we could enter the park in the early afternoon. It got even warm enough to walk around in a t-shirt... and we where both wearing our TPR shirt... 5 I will send the bill for the advertisement )

Now go and check the pictures of the previous two days over here

http://forum.mousekingdom.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=1156&mode=full

^ He is isn't he..... thanX

Hi everybody... You want to know how sad I am... Just look at the latest update to see who I met at Islands of Adventure and what it did to me (I love this person)... I am such a sad case... A total nutcase I am...

oh and it seems I cannot stay dry... Whereever I go... It is begining to become a curse...

http://forum.mousekingdom.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=1156&mode=full

Enjoy

Hi all...

the last three days are up. Please check it out. http://forum.mousekingdom.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=1156&mode=full

Tomorrow we are going home (after I did a Disney Vacation Tour)... To honnor this website I will be wearing my Theme Park Review T-shirt....

Speak to you all soon on my return home (and to let you all know... I don't want to go home)

Thanks for sharing your WDW trip photos and memories with us. And I want to also say Thankyou for DLP.info as your site is the site I always go to (and it's bookmarked too), for the newest information on DisneyParis and it's Studios.

I have been to DLP twice now, love it, and look forward to Spring 2007 when the Studios welcomes it's newest work force, The Toons. And the Resort's 15th Anniversary, too! Can't wait.

And by the way - are there any more signs of what the Nemo spinning coaster attraction is supposed to look like? I am always hoping you or somebody from the site will get a look at a model of it, somewhere, which would be wonderful to see.

Thanks for sharing your WDW trip photos and memories with us. And I want to also say Thankyou for DLP.info as your site is the site I always go to (and it's bookmarked too), for the newest information on DisneyParis and it's Studios.

I have been to DLP twice now, love it, and look forward to Spring 2007 when the Studios welcomes it's newest work force, The Toons. And the Resort's 15th Anniversary, too! Can't wait.

And by the way - are there any more signs of what the Nemo spinning coaster attraction is supposed to look like? I am always hoping you or somebody from the site will get a look at a model of it, somewhere, which would be wonderful to see.

Hi there. Thank you for the kind words. Keep on visiting our site (everybody should 8) ) once we have any news on Toon Town and ToT you'll find it on our news and rumours page

Hi all,

back from the trip, but it ended in horror. Not much time, more info later. Here is a short story of what happened.

Flight delay because of thunder storms

Connecting flight gone

New flight via Madrid 26 hours later

Total delay of about 32 hours later we are home

Big suitecase missing with all the toys J.J. bought, the Halloween pins, the WDW Collection DVD box, 5 new WDW CD's, new Disney clothing and a lot more.... they have no idea where it is.....

With this a great trip end in horror. I know there worst things in life but J.J.'s toys (he saved 200 euro for this trip and all that stuff is in that suitecase), his Pal Mickey, and the special collectables of this trip somewhere in limbo... not nice to end a trip like this....

We hope they find it, but it is over 30 hours already......

^ Wow. So sorry to hear about the lost luggage

Don't give up hope. It's got to be somewhere, right? I lost a bag at Heathrow airport (London UK) 20+years ago and it took them two f-ing days to find it. But, they did find it. And they delivered it to where I was staying, thank the Travelling Gods.

~ Now thinking good luggage-finding thoughts for Ghost and family ~

The bag is back with all the toys of my son. He will be happy when he comes home from school today

However the bag has been opened and we are missing something. As far as I can tell we are only missing one box. The 5 WDW DVD set. The paper we used to wrap it is still there... So more paperwork for us.....

Overall I am happy I can return all the toys to my son. The DVD's are gone, a $80 loss, but it could have been worst....

I hope to get some more fun stuff up on the holiday itself in the near future....

I'm so happy to hear this!!! Sorry about the DVDs but at least those are pretty easily replaceable!

Yeah, good to hear you got (most of) everything back, with the bag. Especially those toys, lol. Bet he was very happy to see them all.

I'm so happy to hear this!!! Sorry about the DVDs but at least those are pretty easily replaceable!

Yeah, good to hear you got (most of) everything back, with the bag. Especially those toys, lol. Bet he was very happy to see them all.

Seeing the happiness in a childs face is very rewarding for a parent... Although J.J. is always smiling, laughing and happy... to see him re-united with his toys and the WDW memories made us all feel good...

• 2 weeks later...
In case you wanted to read about mu HHN adventures (I would be honnored if you did)

http://www.hhnhq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1054

lol I thought the Bill and Ted show was really great!! Oh well, what do I know. Thanks for posting the HHN stuff. Maybe next year you can join in on the TPR gathering, it was a blast! Again, Im glad your trip had a happy ending.