TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the best floorless?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on 2 so far:

1. Kraken

2. SheiKra... (but even though that is floorless, it is truly labeled as a "Dive Machine"... is it considered a "true" floorless?!... no need to answer really, I'm just over tired and overthinking... time for bed...)

Doesn't matter though, because I prefer Kraken to SheiKra anyhow...

Out of Medusa/Bizarro East, Dominator, and Kraken (not including Dive Machines since I don't think that is what we're talking about)...

I probably like Dominator the best. The layout is highly original (for a B&M at least) with the high speed turns in the first half. I feel like its one of the more forceful B&M's made since the late 90's, lots of positive g's and some floater air as well.

1. Dominator

2. Kraken

3. Medusa/Bizarro

Of the ones I've ridden -

SFGAdv's Bizzaro really kicked my butt in the back of the train this Spring. I've never been bonkers for the ride but to me it felt like it was running better than ever and the first half especially was really rambunctious and powerful and fun. Probably still my favorite, although I remember when it first opened one of the biggest things was comparing it to the similar but far superior Kumba. Shame none of the ones I've ridden still haven't approached that level of greatness.

SFNE's I think is quite good and bit underrated but there's that unfortunate rattle through much of the train. Great first drop, great camelback inversion.

Dominator never did it for me for two reasons - no camelback inversion, and a second half that always seemed a little sluggish and boring to me. That's too bad because the first drop, loop, and low turn around the cobra roll is probably way better than anything else on any floorless. The rest just doesn't add up to me. I haven't ridden it at KD but I'd probably be sad about losing the lakeside setting too which I always thought was way cool.

I've got Superman: KC coming up later in the week, but for now it's:

1) Kraken

2) Dominator

3) Medusa East

4) Hydra

(I don't count Dive Machines but if I did, Griffon would be #2)

After riding Krypton Coaster on the Texas trip:

1) Kraken

2) Dominator

3) Superman Krypton Coaster (I really enjoyed this ride but it wasn't as forceful as the top two. I got an excellent front seat ride at night during the ERT session. One of my favorite rides of the trip.)

4) Medusa East

5) Hydra

• 1 year later...

So far, the best floorless i've gone on is Dominator at KD. The forceful inversions, tight turns, and sustained floater off the MCBR make it one of my favorites. Hydra would probably be my #1 if it were just a bit less rattle-y, but the creative elements including the Jo-Jo roll make it an interesting ride.

The ones I have ridden are Hydra, Dominator, Scream, Medusa (SFGAdv), and Shiekra (but that obviously doesn't count). I'd say my favorite is still Dominator, and I can't wait to ride it again after 3 years when I go to KD in about a week and a half!

I've only been on two B&M floorless coasters to this point and unfortunately they weren't two of the more popular ones. However, despite this, I found Hydra and SFNE's Batman really fun. Of the two though, I liked Hydra better by a good deal.

In fact, Hydra is my fifth favorite B&M after Behemoth, Apollo's Chariot, Dueling Dragons- Fire, and Dueling Dragons- Ice.

Now that I've ridden Hydra I have to say I really enjoyed it. It's a great coaster. I actually enjoyed it more than S:KC but I still did not like it as much as Dominator at KD. The jojo roll was really cool and I liked the layout of Hydra for being a little bit different from the other two it definitely passed my expectations. Now I can't decide if it or Talon are the best coasters at Dorney neither of them really blew me away.