TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the best floorless?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twizzler, you have only ridden one floorless coaster, inverts hang below the track. You have ridden many inverts, but only one definition floorless.

Sorry I'm new to the forum. I'm trying to fit in. But what do you mean by floorless. Can you explain?

Twizzler, you have only ridden one floorless coaster, inverts hang below the track. You have ridden many inverts, but only one definition floorless.

Sorry I'm new to the forum. I'm trying to fit in. But what do you mean by floorless. Can you explain?

Don't worry Twizzler, you'll get the lingo down soon enough!

It looks like Hydra is the only floorless coaster you've ridden according to your CF counter.

Check out the wikipedia link to understand the difference between floorless and inverted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floorless_roller_coaster

- Lady Bebe

If I counted dive machines, I would say Sheikra is definitely number one but since I don't then I have only ridden 2 and I would rate them like this:

1. Kraken

2. Medusa (West)

But that is not saying much because I found both of them very bo-ring! Not really any forces or intense feelings. I did like the floaty feeling of their huge inversions though.

It looks like Hydra is the only floorless coaster you've ridden according to your CF counter.

Check out the wikipedia link to understand the difference between floorless and inverted.

- Lady Bebe

Thanks so much! I have ridden Hydra. It's a very fun rollar coaster!

^While some people love the sea serpent roll, I find it as just a cobra roll that was dropped at birth and went the wrong way. Medusa is still my favorite floorless though (looking at you Scream). I also don't think DM's should count as floorless coasters because that's venturing into "any ride that doesnt have a floor" area in which 4th dimension and wing rider coasters should also count.

1. Bizarro - Medusa East

2. Medusa West

3. Dominator

4. Superman: Krypton Coaster

5. Kraken

6. Scream!

7 Batman: The Dark Knight

8. Hydra

I think I've been on every floorless in the country.

You know, after reading that list, I just realized that I have also been on every floorless in the country.

I'd place Kraken at #1. Back row right side is my fav seat on the ride.

The rest I don't really rank. But I'll say that I was really disappointed with Superman: Krypton Coaster. Medusa (East) is way better than Scream but not as good as Medusa (West).

Oh, and I look forward to Bay Area Bash and more rides on Medusa.

Griffon definitely. Even though it's technically considered a DIVE coaster, the word floorless is still in there since it's a Floorless Dive Coaster. And floorless comes first so... It's a lot better then regular floorless coasters but I'll get my chance to try out Bizarro/Medusa in Sept. That coaster any good?

- Lady Bebe

Thanks so much! I have ridden Hydra. It's a very fun rollar coaster!

The next step on your journey will be learning how to correctly spell "roller coaster".

I've been on Medusa West 4 times in my life (despite living in Sacramento which is pretty close to Discovery Kingdom). I never thought to try riding it all the way in the back, so I thought B&Ms were wimpy since I only rode in the very front. Then last month I rode in the far back and it was a totally different ride. The dive loop and the zero-g and the sea-serpent were real highlights for the ride finally, and I could feel what the zero-g roll was intended to be felt like. I'm going to start riding more B&Ms in the very back from now on.