TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the best floorless?

You know, I think that I'm going to replace Superman with Wildfire. . . Yes, I know that Wildfire isn't "technically" a floorless coaster. . . But let's be honest, it's basically a floorless coaster. I'm 6'4" and I still don't touch the floor on the ride.

So, time for my updated list...

1.) Wildfire

2.) Dominator at KI

3.) Superman

4.) Kraken

5.) Rougarou

Now if we start counting floorless Dive Machines (since you know, they are technically floorless coasters) that changes things up a bit.

1.) Griffon

2.) Wildfire

3.) Dominator

4.) SheiKra

5.) Superman

6.) Kraken

7.) Valravn

8.) Rougarou

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wildfire?

If we're counting B&M sitdowns with floors we should just re-name this the Kumba appreciation thread and rather than ranking coasters we should just go around and talk about how great Kumba is for pages upon pages.

Wildfire's trains are vastly different than every other Sitdown B&M. The seats are higher off the floor and your feet don't come close to touching it. It feels different than Kumba and Hulk. Wildfire's trains are probably closest to a B&M Hyper - Just with different restraints.

But if you go by that definition, then every B&M Hyper is floorless too...

Edited by chickenbowl

A coaster that has trains with floors is not a floorless coaster, sorry.
Feet touching or not a coaster WITH A FLOOR is NOT floorless.

A comment so nice, he posted it twice!

I was simply helping explain the original poster's mentality. Of course I disagree with it, because then every B&M Hyper and Mack Mega become "floorless" as well.

If we're counting B&M sitdowns with floors we should just re-name this the Kumba appreciation thread and rather than ranking coasters we should just go around and talk about how great Kumba is for pages upon pages.

I mean, if Kumba were all that great then we could. . . But it's not. Sooo...

I mean, if Kumba were all that great then we could. . . But it's not. Sooo...

Them's fightin words

hype-man.gif

... I low-key agree though, Kumba isn't even in my top 25 B&M's.

... I low-key agree though, Kumba isn't even in my top 25 B&M's.

FINALLY someone else who is practical!

I really never have understood the hype for Kumba. Sure it's okay. But it's not "omfg. Best B&M ever built. If you don't have it as your number 1 coaster you're an idiot" good. I'm with you, not even on my top 25 list.

But, to each their own.

To each his own, but personally I've never ridden another B&M that rides like Kumba in the intensity department (aside from a few top tier inverts). It rips through every element at ludicrous speeds. It's no longer my favorite B&M thanks to Fury, but it's absolutely the most intense sit down coaster I've ever ridden from them. I absolutely love that thing.

This is probably not a popular vote but I'd have to say any Dive Machine coaster is pretty awesome to me. It may not be the most forceful coasters but I love thee 90 degree angle 200 ft drops and like how it just lets you hang there for a while before dropping. Its almost like a complete free fall.

How's Kumba compare to the Hulk (only been on the old one, not sure if the new one was modified at all)? Hulk is one of the most forceful coasters I've been on and is up there with the Batman clones and Flight Deck for me.

As for my favorite floorless, I have to go with Discovery Kingdom's Medusa. That long, straight drop is excellent, the inversions are good, and the ride is smooth.

Out of the 4 Floorless Coasters I've ridden (Bizarro, Batman the Dark Knight, Hydra, and Scream), Bizarro is my favorite. It was super smooth, forceful, and overall a solid ride. Even though it's the same as Scream, I found it much more enjoyable.

There's a very high chance I will be riding both Dominator and Patriot this spring/summer, and possibly even Rougarou as well if things line up. Haven't been on any Dive Coasters, so I can't comment on those.

1. Dominator

2. Bizarro

3. Kraken

4. Rougarou

5. Hydra

I was honestly expecting a little more out of Kraken and was disappointed to find it a solid tier below Dominator, with Bizarro right in between. Rougarou is about even with Kraken, with Hydra far beneath them all. The elements on Hydra range from dull to uncomfortable.

Seems to me if you say Wildfire isn't floorless, it becomes a bit of an orphan for polls at this level of limitation, there isn't any other looping coasters with floors you don't touch I know of. It's kind of a pre-floorless or pseudo-floorless, stylistically very much the same but of course sometimes the earlier B&Ms are better. If it's in someone's list you can easily convert that to a list without it.

Of one's I've ridden, Dominator is a better ride overall than Bizarro but I liked them both (except the bad brake shoe on Bizarro which felt like hitting steel).