TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the best floorless?

I've been on BKF/Dominator, Medusa East, Medusa West, and Hydra. The Batinator was my favorite until I rode Medusa at Great Adventure. I love the zero-G camelback element on the sit down coasters and is the only inversion I wished the Batinator had.

I liked Hydra but felt it was a little weak.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on BKF/Dominator, Medusa East, Medusa West, and Hydra. The Batinator was my favorite until I rode Medusa at Great Adventure. I love the zero-G camelback element on the sit down coasters and is the only inversion I wished the Batinator had.

I liked Hydra but felt it was a little weak.

Do any other floorless coasters rattle as much as Dominator? I swear the rattle seems to be getting worse this year & the ride is running more like a vekoma than a B&M as a result.

1. Medusa

2. Superman: Krypton Coaster

3. Scream!

Medusa is still one of my favorite coasters. I like S:KC and Scream! about equally. Scream! was more fun overall, but S:KC has a great setting and a forceful zero-g roll to help make up for its overall lack of intensity.

I've only been on three floorless coasters, so I would rate them in this order...

1) Hydra the Revenge

2) Batman the Dark Knight

3) Bizarro

I know Hydra isn't often highly regarded, but I really loved it. I rode it during its inaugural year and I thought it was fantastic. The first drop was very intense and had some great air in the very back. Plus, I thought that the inversions were very fun. They were glass smooth and several such as the jojo roll and zero-G roll provided excellent hang time.

Batman is my second favorite floorless. While it has a very small footprint, the ride is fairly intense and doesn't let up until it hits the brake run. I especially love its zero-G roll and the tight dive loop.

Then my least favorite floorless would have to be the first one B&M made, Bizarro. While it definitely is a good ride, there was a good deal of headbanging throughout, something that isn't present on the other two floorless coasters I've been on. Plus, while the inversions were big and graceful, they didn't seem to be overly forceful in my opinion.

I really liked Superman la Attracion de Acero @ WBMW Madrid. Ok so the inversions might be "forceless" but they are still very fun. What makes the ride so great though is the airtime you get on it. The first drop in the backseat is spectacular, with airtime all the way down. The hill after the cobra roll also has the most perfect floater airtime Ive ever experienced. I was floating between the seat and the restrains over the entire hill. The helixes towards the end are also very fun as they are very close to the ground and theres a small hill between them which also has some airtime

totally agree, though kraken would be my 2nd favourite

• 3 months later...

I like all floorlesses, so these rankings are rough.

1. Medusa

2. Hydra

3. Bizarro

4. Batman: The Dark Knight

5. Superman: Krypton Coaster

6. Scream!

Medusa doesn't seem like it should be too much better than the others. I fear I may have a "first-of-its-kind-ridden bias" towards it. But I enjoy its layout, and the setting doesn't bother me.

Hydra has a unique layout (even the jo-jo roll is fun), plus a nice setting and a bit of fun airtime in the back row.

I really enjoyed the inversions on Bizarro for some reason; perhaps speed is a factor. And it has the refreshing setting that Medusa and Scream wish they had. Plus, the theming elements, including FIRE, make it that much better.

Batman had some fun forces and gave enjoyable rides, but overall seemed slightly forgettable.

I only really liked the setting and the zero-g roll on S:KC, which was too mild for my taste.

Scream isn't much worse than the others, if at all, but its lack of attractiveness does not endear it to me. It had some decent forces, though.

Proud to say the best Floorless is European : Superman Atracion de Acero @ Warner Parque Madrid. (I have ridden this plus Bizarro, Batman at SFNE, Dominator at its 2 different locations) I just love the straight (air !) drop and the hill before the corkscrews. The giant Immelmann is cool too

Well basically all B&M floorless coasters are the exact same. The inversion order and layout is the same but after the MCBs it might change just slightly. Given that I have only been on one floorless coaster my favorite would have to be Kraken. But I do agree that interlocking corkscrews were the biggest gimmic that B&M has.

Kraken, Superman Krypton Coaster, and Dominator are awesome for their reasons, IMO...

Kraken has a really nice ending. Diving in and out of the tunnels, I had no idea where I was going. Superman just has a SUPER nice setting with a pretty wild ride. And Dominator itself has a really fast paced layout, especially with the overbanks. I really liked it!

As for the floorlesses I don't know.... Bizarro... Batman - Dark Knight... Boring and didn't offer much.

I've only ridden Dominator and thought highly of it.

If KD could only find a way to get rid of that horrid rattle(especially during the 2nd half) Dominator would return to being a top rated floorless IMO.Not that it's a bad ride mind you as the forces are intense from start to finish but it's just that the rattle really ruins the flow of the ride.

I've been on 3 of them (4 if you count Griffon).

My rankings:

1. Bizarro at SFGAdv

2. Dominator at KD

3. Hydra at DP (Forceless, rattly and slow)

Griffon would be just above Hydra in the mix.

Griffon isn't really considered a floorless coaster, it's more considered a Dive Machine.

I've been on 3 of them (4 if you count Griffon).

My rankings:

1. Bizarro at SFGAdv

2. Dominator at KD

3. Hydra at DP (Forceless, rattly and slow)

Griffon would be just above Hydra in the mix.

Griffon isn't really considered a floorless coaster, it's more considered a Dive Machine.

According to RCDB, it's a Dive Machine that is a Floorless. http://rcdb.com/3631.htm