TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kissimmee Skycoaster

Has anyone else ridden this?

I did, it was amazing! I never got any pictures because my camra ran out of batteries at IOA . But anyways, I rode it at night. I think it is probly much better at night. When I was going up I could see our hotel and see everything for about, well it seems like forever. But when I pulled it was scary :shock: <--thats all you did, dropping probly 20 feet it seems like an eturnity. I got a DVD Of me, I dont know how to put it up, so can someone help me with that? Then we stopped and did the racecars and the slingshot(Oh! that hurt so much!)

Who else is crazy here like me and did it?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The skycoaster looks cool and all but not for the $50.00 or so they wanted for it.. I have done 6 or 7 skycoasters.. So a big one wasnt a big deal to miss..

Also I watched the car ride a few times.. but also.. $20 for a 2sec ride.. to much for me....

Myself and two friends were the first people to fly the Kissimmee Skycoaster. It was during IAAPA week in 1997. It was set to debut that night, and we happened to be standing there waiting, and they let us have the first official ride.

And to top it off, since we were with the convention, we got as many free rides as desired.

I rode it again a year ago. Still breathtaking. But I had to pay this time

-kip-

skycoaster.jpg.0c45abfba56ad0aaab10b7dd0ef756e5.jpg

I rode it a year and a half ago.. it freaked me out! Mainly the pull upwards because it takes so long and you swear youre at the top and your only like.. half way. I had a discount.. but $20 is too much for me anymore these days.

However if I do have $20 to spend I'd rather spend it at Red Lobster next door

1990430231_KSkC002.jpg.f83b8b91bc8be8f58f2eb77304836817.jpg

I've been on it a few times...it really scares the bejesus out of me! My biggest achievement was finally getting a solo ride on the damn thing! The op explained to me that "we normally say that it's too windy when a pretty girl like yourself wants to ride so we can ride with you!" Nice and Sleazy, just the way I like it!

Elissa "rode with some friends singing 'let the bodies hit the floor'" Alvey

I did it last year (it was cool because we were staing in cabins accross the road from OT). I did a $50 deal where you got ride G-Force and the Skycoaster.

I was going to do it on my own but it was too windy for a single rider so I had ride with an op. I had pretty much convinced myself I was going to die but I did it anyway. The climb up was pretty scary because I don't like heights and I pulled the cord as soon as I could. We seemed to free fall for heaps but after that just swinging was pretty tame.

G-Force was actually a surprise, it was really intense, unfortunatley only for two seconds. Note : if you can hit the accelerator in under 0.01 seconds or something (probably impossible) you score a free ride on both.

Both rides are good experiences but the scariest thing was the price.

I see the Skycoaster everyday after work almost. I'm going to do it sometime. If I can get the 9th off, I'm going SKYDIVING, even better! Cast Members get a discount at the place. Here is a link http://www.skydivespacecenter.com/

I was looking at that site last night! Weird. I'm not a cast member anymore and Universal doesn't get a discount probably... but I'm still looking into it before I move back to PA later this month. Be a nice way to say bye to FL and all the good times.. *weep*

Eric

Hmmm, now you've got me interested in Skydiving. I mean, I know I want to do it, just had no idea where any were and at what price they were at. What kind of Cast Member discount is there, by the way? I noticed that it's $155 if you go with four people, not too shabby actually.

BTW, I noticed you work at Dragons, Eric. Are you full-time? Maybe I'll stop in on Sunday and say hi. We're going to BGT tomorrow since I have Thurs and Fri off.

Oh, and about the main topic...yeah, done that four or five times now. It's the best when it's free. Usually they'll let IAAPA attendees ride it for free. I think the best is when you do it solo - no one to console you up that high! I've decided that I won't ever pay for another skycoaster again unless it's the Kissimmee one. There's nothing like it!

Joe

For Cast Members, we pay $119. And thats not if you have four people, just for anyone. Of course, that is going Tandem. Best part is, I've never ridden in a plane. So, the first plane I've ever ridden, I'll have jumped out of!

Eventhough I'm doing that, I'll still give the Skycoaster a try since I've never done one. I've never had the moeny for the one at Kings Dominion. So why not the first one I do be the tallest?

• 10 years later...

I rode this thing once, and this is by far the scariest ride I have ridden. And I have ridden X Scream on the Stratosphere in the front row. I will be in Florida next week, and if I were riding this again, I would be a lot more nervous to ride this than Falcons Fury.

If the price was not so disgusting, I would do this every time I am in Florida. For now, I would say it is the type of ride everyone should experience once.

I've rode it at least 50 times, and every single time it scares the SH!T out of me. Each time I think "I've done this before, I know what to expect, I'll be fine..." and each time I have mental breakdown on the way up the tower. I have never, nor do I think I could ever do a solo ride on the thing, nor could I EVER be the one who pulls the rip cord. I'm always the one in the middle.

It looks a lot higher from the top of the launch tower, then it looks when you are on the ground looking up at it.

mqdefault.jpg

No. Thank You. I think my 50+ rides on it when I was younger were enough. Not sure you could get me on it now days.

...scariest thing I've ever done... even the CN tower edge walk has nothing on this.

I agree, by far the scariest thing I have ever done. I think I was more truly terrified on the Kissimmee Skycoaster than I was on Skyjump Las Vegas.

I finally checked this off as a bucket-list item during IAAPA back in November. I've wanted to do it ever since riding Valleyfair's 180ft model almost 10 years ago.

It doesn't quite touch the sheer terror of SCAD diving or bungee jumping, but it's insanely fun. It feels like you're falling forever before the slack is all used up and you start to swing out over the fountain.