TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weight Management Support/Enouragement thread

bert425

^ good job, Dan. . slow and steady progress will always work. Even if you 'cheat' some days.

i've been stuck on a plateau of 177.6 lbs. . .tho not sure if "stuck" is really the right word, since I'm actually below what my stretch goal was.

so i guess, really I'm maintaining. I was supposed to weigh in today, but will wait one more week, as have been massively stress eating with a lot of casseroles (I cook when I'm stressed, and it's been very stressful lately).

but I'm still doing my exercise (walking) - I walk outside in the neighborhood, either on the street, or an asphalt path in the park.

keep it up!

Bert, not sure if you have stated this, but what is your height? 177 seems like a great place to be for most heights! Well done.

5'10". . . per the height/weight I'm "Overweight" it CLAIMS I'm supposed to be 160 lbs to be "normal"

Of course, I look in the mirror and see "fat" regardless. . years of yo-yo weight, ya know? I've been stuck for several weeks now, and as noted didn't weigh yet until next week. .and suspect I'll be back up over 180 when I do . . but at least I'm keeping up my daily exercise!

^ Nonetheless, that is awesome. You'll rebound! Keeping up with the activity despite diet is still half a win.

My worst weekly update so far for me. Other times when I said I ate bad, I really only meant 3-5 meals out of the week. This week, I went pretty crazy, and ate bad Tuesday-Sunday. Luckily I continued my exercise. I weighed in this morning 239.4 lbs, for a total loss of 0.2 pounds this past week. Not ideal, but at least I did not gain and I lost something. I was gaining weight the whole week until I buckled up and exercised and dieted hard yesterday.

I move into my first apartment this weekend, which means it will be my first time shopping for food on my own, so I am really excited to take control of my diet. One of the main reasons I've had so many cheat meals these past few weeks is the food my other family members eat - when that pizza is staring me down, or those chips are lurking in the pantry, or the ice cream is the only way too cool off. I am pretty disciplined in the store and hopefully I will not give in to buying bad foods. If I do not buy them, I can not eat them! Super pumped. I am also excited to have a better week than last week in general. The next update will be amazing, I can feel it.

While haven't been updating as frequently, I have still been weighing every week or two.

I continue to be stuck on the same plateau from June, but I guess I should be happy that I'm maintaining.

Seriously - exact same weight for 4 weigh ins in a row! I even had my spouse get on the scale to make sure the digital readout wasn't broken (but he weighed different, so yeah, I just happen to be right at this weight no matter what I do (or don't) eat, and how much I walk).

Oh well. . as I noted the other week, I'm below my Stretch Goal weight of 180 lbs, so I guess I need to be happy that I'm maintaining.

anyways . . so here's the latest update:

2/18: 218 lbs

2/28: 209.4 lbs

3/6: 206.4 lbs

3/11: 205.2 lbs

3/18: 201.6 lbs

3/25: 198.8 lbs

4/01: 196.2 lbs

4/08: 192.8 lbs

4/18: 189.0 lbs

4/24: 188.0 lbs

5/07: 185.0 lbs

5/15: 183.4 lbs

5/22: 180.6 lbs

between 5/22-6/12, I hovered between a low of 179.6 lbs & high of 180.2 lbs.

6/19: 177.6 lbs

7/3 : 177.6 lbs

7/15: 177.6 lbs (exactly the same loss of 41 lbs total).

would love to get off those last 2 1/2 lbs and be at a nice, even 175lbs. . but again, I guess happy I'm maintaining even when I cheat with frozen custard, or lots of casseroles.

so I guess, still, yay me.

Happy Tuesday everyone. Going into this past week I had lots of optimism and was feeling good, but the exact opposite happened. I ate awful this weekend moving into my apartment and did not get my exercise Sat and Sun. This morning I clocked in at 241.2 lbs, for a weekly gain of 1.8 pounds. I am not happy with the numbers, I really could have done better, but I caved and was on a "I will worry about it later" mindset. However, I am still optimistic and I know I can keep pushing. I went back on the diet and exercise yesterday and I ended up losing 0.6 pounds since yesterday. Weight fluctuates day to day, but after weighing in yesterday, I was thrilled to see I turned a 2.4 pound gain to a 1.8. Today I have already played basketball at a park and gone to the gym twice (elliptical and treadmill). So I am extremely motivated and look forward to bouncing back this week.

Another Tuesday another update. At it's core, this week was a success. I weighed in at 239.2 lbs today, for a week loss of 2.0 lbs. It was nice to bounce back, but I feel like I still left some on the table. The first half of the week was amazing, and I was already down to 238.8 Saturday morning, the lightest I have been on this journey. I slipped starting Saturday and put some back on, and then lost again yesterday to get where I am at today. As of right now my July loss is 2.0 pounds, which I am not happy about. In response, I have set myself a short term goal of 31 hours of exercise for the month of July (1/hr day). I already have 24.46 hours, so including today I need 98 minutes of exercise for the rest of the month. I am glad I am finally on a downward trend, but I know I can do better and I hope I can stick to it!

Hello everyone. I did not have a perfect week, but it was pretty good, and I am feeling the best I have within the last month. Today I weighed in at 237.4, for a week loss of 1.8 lbs. I exceeded my short term goal of 31 hours of exercise for July. After Friday though, I did the minimum of 900 active calories burned Sat Sun Mon, and I also caved and had a second dinner at 11pm last night (those late night NHL playoff games will get you). But even after that I still lost nearly two pounds, so I look at it as a reward to myself. Feeling great and good!

I last weighed myself on 7/24, and continued to be stuck on the same plateau from June (177.6 lbs). . that, coupled with that we were SUPPOSED to be on vacation to Carowinds to ride roller-coasters from 7/25-7/29, put me in a bad place (since of course the trip got cancelled due to Covid. and it turns out Carowinds never even is opening in 2020 )

so yeah, wheels came off the cart, cart went into a ditch, flipped over a few times, and then exploded. . . started eating terrible - as if I were on vacation - and not exercising. I'm talking a lot of Chinese Food takeout.

Luckily, after a couple of days of that, I got back on plan, and for the last week or so been back to my 1:20 walks & trying to eat healthy-ish again.

so I waited until today to weigh, since we're gonna be having Biscuits and Gravy for dinner - so wanted to get the weigh in before that.

Coulda been way worse! I'm still under my stretch goal, and actually *FINALLY* down ~1/2 lb from where I was stuck on that plateau.

yeah, if I think that I could have maybe actually gotten to 175 if I hadn't gone off plan? that makes me a bit sad, but at least back under control again. And a neighbor stopped me on the way back from getting the mail yesterday and hollered across the street "dang, you look thinner than I've ever seen you!" So that was nice.

anyways . . so here's the latest update:

2/18: 218 lbs

2/28: 209.4 lbs

3/6: 206.4 lbs

3/11: 205.2 lbs

3/18: 201.6 lbs

3/25: 198.8 lbs

4/01: 196.2 lbs

4/08: 192.8 lbs

4/18: 189.0 lbs

4/24: 188.0 lbs

5/07: 185.0 lbs

5/15: 183.4 lbs

5/22: 180.6 lbs

between 5/22-6/12, I hovered between a low of 179.6 lbs & high of 180.2 lbs.

6/19: 177.6 lbs

7/3 : 177.6 lbs

7/15: 177.6 lbs

7/24: 177.6 lbs

8/06: 177.2 lbs (so total loss of ~41.5 lbs total).

would love to get off those last 2 lbs and be at a nice, even 175lbs tho. . we shall see. At least got past the plateau, even if only by ~1/2 a lb.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is exactly 6 months since I got back on my healthy plan, to drop the ~40 lbs I had put back on since dropping the 70lb total.

yep, I started my daily walks on 2/18, and other than a few days here and there, I've gone every day the past 6 months.

Today I weighted in at 174.5 - so below that *magic* 175lb I had in my head. A total of 43 1/2 lbs)

I wish I could see it, but even in pics, all I see is "fat' - and I think I'm always gonna see that when I see myself.

at least the hysterical "tan" I've gotten keeps me distracted.. . nice 'only mid-leg', and 'wifebeater' tan lines i've got going. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Bert, congrats on accomplishing your goal! It's always such a great feeling. Walking every day for 6 months is awesome and easier said than done!

I am sorry I disappeared. I guess you could say the wheels feel off the cart, into the ditch, flipped over a few times... I got "addicted" to carbs again and I am still fighting it. I have been better this week but beforehand I was uncontrollable. I have had more good days than bad days eating, but when I have a bad day, I have a BAD day. One day last month I ate an entire deep-dish pizza in two hours and gained 4 pounds. I started a part time job last month, so now I am making money and have less time to cook, so I have been going out to eat way more than I should. Luckily, I have not been slacking with my exercise. I am currently rocking a 51 Day Move Streak on my Apple Watch, which means I have burned at least 900 or 1,000 active calories every day for the past 51 days. I raised my goal to 1,000 calories on Aug 17th. I have started jogging and some light bodyweight training. My mile is at 8:56 right now, which I am happy about.

My last update, 5 weeks ago today, I weighed 237.4 pounds. Today I weighed in at 235.4 pounds, for a 5-week loss of 2.0 pounds, for a weekly loss of 0.4 pounds. All things considered; I am not thrilled. I am not angry, as at the end of the day I did not lose any progress. But it is frustrating to know that eating is the only thing between 0.4 pounds and 1.5+ pounds lost a week right now. I am so close to my goal, but it feels so far now that I have essentially been on a plateau for the last month. I am hoping posting today will hold me accountable and I can shake or minimize my little carb addiction right now. I also have some friends holding me accountable, as I told them I have set a goal to eat 150 cups of green beans this month. Some people have their bets placed on over and under, and I update everybody on my private story on snapchat when I eat more. Right now, I am at 45 cups in 8 days, so I am on pace for 168.75 cups this month. I plan on having a bbq for my 150th cup as a celebration!

Hi guys, going to try to get back on the weekly updates. On the scale, this week was a massive success. Behind the scenes, I don't know how or what to make of it. I ate awful Friday Saturday Sunday Monday, so I was scared to weigh myself. Today I knew I had to, and when I did, I weighed in at 230.4 pounds, for a week loss of 5.0 pounds. FIVE POINT ZERO. I thought my scale was broken or acting weird, I weighed myself at least 10 times, and then weighed myself tonight before dinner and was at 230.6, so it must be right! Again, I ate awful. The only possible reason behind this is that I drank so much water this weekend and cleansed my body that much. Saturday night and Sunday night I woke up to go to the bathroom during my sleep for a combined 9 times because I drank so much water this past weekend (not on purpose, just really thirsty at night lately, and when I went during the night, I would have a few sips before going back to bed because nothing is better than a cold glass of water at 3am). So I am still concerned my scale is acting up, so we will see how this next week goes and maybe I can use someone else's scale once to compare the scales. Two years ago today was my awful day at SFStL where I didn't fit on some rides. I have come a long way since then! It got worse, but I am the best I have been in a long time! Numerically, I am the lightest I have been since Mid February 2015 - or 67 months, or in over the last 2,000+ days!

Happy Tuesday! Today I weighed in at 229.8 pounds, for a week loss of 0.6 pounds. On its own, 0.6 pounds is not that exciting, but doubled with the 5.0 loss the week before I am thrilled. I thought my scale went hangwire on me last week but I was around the same weight all week, and even weighed the same yesterday and today. I am pumped to be in the 220's, with my goal being 222.8 pounds! My move streak is at 65 days now. I am "training" for a 5k - I signed u yesterday and the race is next Saturday. I ran one yesterday at 32:24, so I am hoping to cut it down to 31:04 by the race!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! Long time no see. I'm just going to cut to the chase - I hit my goal last Saturday! I was going to update them, but it seemed like the forums were down for an overhaul? So last Saturday I weighed in at 222.8 - exactly 100.0 pounds lost! Yesterday I weighed in at 220.8, so I'm still going down too! I'm going to SFStL next weekend to conquer the park that nearly defeated me - I am super excited!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan the Coaster Man said:

Hi guys! Long time no see. I'm just going to cut to the chase - I hit my goal last Saturday! I was going to update them, but it seemed like the forums were down for an overhaul? So last Saturday I weighed in at 222.8 - exactly 100.0 pounds lost! Yesterday I weighed in at 220.8, so I'm still going down too! I'm going to SFStL next weekend to conquer the park that nearly defeated me - I am super excited!!

Excellent and congrats!

I owe an update of my own - just haven't gotten to it yet, but I'm keeping below what my targeted weight was (even tho yesterday involving theme park food, Jack in the Box at 11pm before bed, and no extended exercise probably didn't help - so not gonna weigh in for a few days!).

but love hearing success stories.

100lbs is something to be very proud of, @Dan the Coaster Man!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Guys! With the new year rolling around, I am sure a few of us have some resolutions to lose some weight. I hit my goal in October, but I am hungry for more! My goal is to hit 194 pounds at any point of the year, which would put my bmi in "normal" range. I will also be focusing more on strength than cardio this time around. Does anyone else have any resolutions?

• Like 2

On 11/23/2020 at 1:00 AM, CaptainUnknown said:

I dropped nearly 2.5 pounds in the past week which included 4 days at amusement parks.

While my goal has never strictly been weight loss, it's good to see what kind of progress one can make if you spend a lot of time walking around parks.

I always love finding out that I've actually dropped a few pounds, after I've been walking around parks.  And hydrating with water helps, too.

• Like 2

I lost all the progress I'd made doing keto and a couple weeks ago I was at the heaviest I've ever been - 283lbs.

Then a week ago I started on Wellbutrin. After a week, I finally weighed yesterday and I'm down to 279.2! I'm glad my doctor was willing to let me try this med. I think my mentioning that an off-label use of Wellbutrin is to help ADHD, and since my Medicaid rejected covering Adderall without further "evidence" (despite my doctor and I filling out all the required forms), I thought maybe this could help and my doctor agreed.

It can take 4-6 weeks for improvement to show regarding the ADHD, but already I'm noticing a lessening in carb cravings as well as getting onto a decent sleep schedule (I can't even begin to explain how bad it's been). My naps have ended up shorter than their norm, too. I think I'm getting some energy from this med and it's great!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Dan the Coaster Man said:

Hey Guys! With the new year rolling around, I am sure a few of us have some resolutions to lose some weight. I hit my goal in October, but I am hungry for more! My goal is to hit 194 pounds at any point of the year, which would put my bmi in "normal" range. I will also be focusing more on strength than cardio this time around. Does anyone else have any resolutions?

I had hit my goal, then put some back on, and spent from Feb-August dropping it again to come back to where I was before.

I got "bad" in Sept, back on track for maintenance in Oct/Nov, then had a really bad Dec - it's been rough, and I've prolly put back on ~12 lbs.

so I'm guessing I'm in the 190 range right now - so still ~60lbs lighter than I was a couple of years ago, when i really started to focus on dropping weight (I was at 248#).

but, 190 is ~13lb gain from my lowest, so really wanna get back to ~180.    

so yep, back to being serious about my "no fast food/no sodas" restrictions, and go back to exercising 6x per week (I had dropped off to every other day, or every few days)

we can all do it!

• Like 2

I'm planning on doing some sort of weight management after the new year too!  My main goal is to go at least the month of January without drinking and to watch my sugar consumption during that time. Alcohol and sweets/snacks are my main pitfalls. I'll probably try to drink La Croix or something similar in the evenings as a replacement.

For eating, I'll probably try counting calories again using MyFitnessPal.

I also want to exercise but I prefer exercising outdoors and my success will depend a lot on the weather. 

• Like 1

Good news and bad news.

I'm up 4 pounds (to 201) from the beginning of December. While I'd like to believe it's muscle from the strength training I've been doing, it's more likely from a combination of laying on my ass for two weeks while I had COVID/all the holiday snacks I've eaten.

But I'm down 9 pounds since the start of 2020 (When I weighed 210). And some people have told me I look like I've dropped 50 pounds in the past 2 years, though I doubt I ever got up that high.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...