TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weight Management Support/Enouragement thread

bert425

I weighed again this morning and I'm down to 243.8! So, yeah, I think a lot of the weight gain was water retention; I drank more soda than water on my trip, but I've been downing more water than anything since I got home and the swelling is gone. Still drinking soda, but only my Zero ones.

"

Permanent weight loss requires making healthy changes to your lifestyle and food choices. To stay motivated:

Find a cheering section. Social support means a lot. Programs like Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers use group support to impact weight loss and lifelong healthy eating. Seek out support whether in the form of family, friends, or a support group to get the encouragement you need. "

um. . what do you think the point of the thread is?

no need to pay for weight watchers or Jenny Craig.

Looking at this person's 6 posts... The last 4 of them are in this thread (2 of which are duplicates), and the posts have wording that reads like spam. And in fact, the URL he has listed in his profile takes you to a product review website....

• 2 weeks later...

Been on the 'wagon since returning from vacation in late June.

I've been eating well (not counting anything, but eliminating nearly all processed food).

I've cut out soda at work and home. I will have the occasional sodas when going out or at the parks.

Exercising regularly. I'm running using the Couch to 10k program. And strength training 2x a week.

So far, I'm down 20 pounds. Still feel like I'm close to doing a walk of shame from coasters, but it's nice to see the scale numbers going down. Still fighting self-esteem issues too with being obese. But I'm making progress..

^ good for you!

stick to it, the numbers go down, and soon the clothes will fit better. THEN? no fear of walk of shame, you'll just blow by the test seats without a glance.

great job, stick with it.

• 5 months later...

don't feel bad. . I'm WAY off the wagon, and eating terribly.

I'm back in some of my heavier clothes too . . just can't get motivated to get back on track.

but it's a fresh month. . gonna try my damndest to do it and get back on track by mid year my goal is to drop the 25lbs I've put back on!

• 2 weeks later...

ok.. ramping back up, and starting back on plan.

as I got way off track and put back on ~30lbs.

when your weight is the date? (218), time to get accountable.

so starting back on plan as of today, with goal of 190 by the time Vacation trips roll around (Carowinds in June is likely too close to hit, but 4 months SHOULD be enough time to at least drop 20 lbs, and be back under 200 for Copperhead strike!).

Yeaaaaaaaaa, I was going to post in this thread earlier today, but got distracted at work. For as good as I did over the spring and early summer, once I got back from visiting my sister in San Francisco in July, I fell off the wagon, broke all my bones, threw a bomb behind me, and blew up the wagon, too. I put back on everything I lost and a little bit more. It's bad, too, affecting my ability to walk long distances or be on my feet for a considerable length of time. I end up needing to sit down after a while because of the pain in my lower back.

For some reason it's a lot harder to get back on track this time. For several of the past weeks I try resetting and eating better / exercising, but by the end of the week it's fallen apart and I'm back to my old, bad habits. I've got to really come tom terms with a really bad addiction to fast food and get some counseling help over it. Been feeling pretty hopeless about it recently, so I've got to just hunker down and finally take things to the next step.

^ I've gone back on "outlawing" soda, and no fast food.

if it's got a drive thru? it's a "no" for me, at least until I get back under 200. I also am not going to eat after 8pm (I go to bed at midnight or later usually).

i was super hungry last night, but drank water, and actually looked at a picture of me from the other day, to shock myself into just drinking water to fill the hunger pangs.

I haven't yet gotten back on exercise program (it's been too nasty outside to walk). . but if I can get my cravings under control this week - shrinking my stomach a little - then it's a great start.

and I'm proud of myself that at the grocery store on Saturday, I was tempted, but did not buy ANY of the 1/2 off Valentine's candy.

it IS a struggle. . and I think that I stopped regular posting in this thread certainly helped in me not taking responsibility and eating so crappy. So hoping that posting here at least once a week will help keep me on track.

maybe it will work for you too?

One thing I do is walk a lot. I became a mall walker months ago. I walk my neighborhood when weather is nice. I got a fitbit and force myself to hit min 15k every day. Not saying that's the goal for everyone, but just spending an hour or two walking helps me reset my thinking and focus on my goals. Then, I became motivated to add in more simple things I can do in my basement between work calls and during the evenings. One day at a time.

I had a blast last year. I spent 20+ years not being able to ride. That's not going to happen again.

Hang in there guys....for coasters and your life in general!

I've gained back 20 of the 40 lbs I had lost. But it's kinda hard not to when you're traveling the country and have the opportunity to try all sorts of new foods. I mean, I got to try new places in Chicago and Tennessee and South Carolina and Georgia and, most excitingly, NEW ORLEANS (first time!). Can't go to NOLA and not try their food (within reason; I have to avoid the spicy stuff sadly).

And then a couple weeks ago, I was in Birmingham, AL, and got to try Alabama white bbq sauce and WOW. Although, technically that one wasn't cheating because I just grabbed a bunch of pulled pork and smothered it in the white sauce... No carbs really in that. But, uh, kinda offset that by grabbing a whole bunch of their housemade potato chips, LOL.

And at the end of the weekend, we went to Texas de Brazil, and that was SO good. And that, too, was a fairly low-carb option because it's all about the meats and cheeses (and omg the fish stew was DIVINE, though a bit spicy for me... but it tastes so good that I'll eat it again if I make it there in the future, and just make sure I have a glass of milk on hand. It's THAT good).

I think most of my gaining back weight is because I'm stressed out in my current home situation and therefore have been eating all sorts of junk food again, like candy and non-diet soda and chips and dip.... Stress-eating is SO bad, and I *know* it's bad, but sometimes you just gotta give your mental health a treat even if it doesn't treat your physical health.

Also, I learned that carbs help with dopamine production and apparently people with ADHD lose a lot of their sugar/carb cravings after they start taking Adderall. So, I'm hoping that once my prescription FINALLY gets approved and I can actually start taking it (it's been over a month now... waiting for a "prior authorization" or something like that), maybe it'll help me get back on track on the low-carb eating/drinking.

I'm gonna screw it up tonight, by going to have Sushi. . . but:

I've been really strict on diet and exercise the past 11 days, and have dropped 8 1/2 lbs!

so:

2/18: 218 lbs

2/28: 209.4 lbs

yay me. . and back on diet plan tomorrow after pigging out tonight!

• 2 weeks later...

Keeping myself accountable:

Despite a couple of over-eating slips, I've managed to stay on my diet/exercise program since 2/18, and as of this morning, 3/11 (so just over 3 weeks), I'm down ~13lbs.

3/11: 205.2 lbs

so yay me.

Exactly 1 month since I started back on plan (2/18), and as of this morning, 3/18, I'm down ~16 1/2 lbs.

3/18: 201.6 lbs

so yay me.

this week's update:

3/6: 206.4 lbs

3/25: 198.8 lbs - so down ~19.5 lbs

so yay me (of course I picked up to-go sushi from my favorite local place to celebrate - and to support them).

Sooo... Question. After this quarantine thing... Will the producers of my 600 pound life contact me.... or should I call them? How does this work?

90853168_2845076888916838_2628651488460668928_n.jpg.7b28b5920196b6a95d09a03105e88d1a.jpg

tho seriously.. other than some minor slips, I'm sticking with my exercise and eating healthy plan.

i find it helps me cope.

this week's update:

3/25: 198.8 lbs

4/1: 196.2 lbs (so down ~22 lbs!)

staying accountable, and hit a milestone # this week.

this week's update:

3/25: 198.8 lbs

4/01: 196.2 lbs

4/08: 192.8 lbs(so down ~25 lbs!)

Gained some during this social isolation ... trying my best to manage ...

Luckily I haven't slipped into alcohol usage to cope with stress

luckily, never really been much of a drinker.

as to the weight tho, if I can do it, anyone can.. . just start a routine (if not a walk outside, then jumping jacks inside). and stick to it.

I'm looking at it as kind of a bright side, that I have a little more time to get back into coaster riding shape.. tho it sucks we'll be stuck inside for my Birthday