TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weight Management Support/Enouragement thread

bert425

So I am excited to share that I went to Dollywood and did not have to take the walk of shame one time! To be fair, Lightning Rod and Dragon Flier were both tight fits but I rode everything else comfortably. This was my first time at Dollywood, so I was not sure what to expect. Overall it was a great day. Next I want to lose enough weight to fit on a B&M hyper/giga so I can take on Carowinds! Btw, Im the guy in the gray shirt.

While the trip was a success, I ended up gaining 5 pounds! We ate very good and often. Needless to say, I am back on my Keto diet!

IMG_2415.thumb.jpg.cbd88b8e8db4d13d46feb2b8c1ab0a50.jpg

^ congrats!

glad you had such a good time.

(don't most B&M have "big boy" seats tho?. . . so you shouldn't worry about that).

good job, keep it up!

^ congrats!

glad you had such a good time.

(don't most B&M have "big boy" seats tho?. . . so you shouldn't worry about that).

good job, keep it up!

Thanks. There are no big boy seats on the first row. Also, I don't think the B&M's at Carowinds has these type of seats.

Congratulations about Dollywood! Afterburn does have a couple big boy seats in the middle, but you're right, I don't think I've ever heard of a hyper/giga having an equivalent. That said, if you were able to fit on everything at Dollywood, you shouldn't have any issue with either Intimidator or Fury.

^ just keep in mind that loss tends to ebb & flow, so it often is not consistent.

in the past 2 weeks, I've dropped .2 lbs. . . yeah, after losing 2-3 lbs a week, not even losing 1/2 a lb in 2 weeks is disappointing. . but at least I'm maintaining, and even a .2 lb loss is a loss, so trying to keep from getting discouraged.

I started seriously sticking to the Keto diet approach and my workout regimen (DDPYoga) for about two weeks now. I started at 332 and am down to 315 as of this morning. It’s still tough - every couple of days or so I need to seriously fight some type of temptation (bread at a restaurant, I’ve cream for something sweet), but I’ve fortunately really kept up the discipline this time. We’re visiting my sister in a San Francisco in mid-July and am hoping I can at least lose an additional 20 pounds before the trip.

I started seriously sticking to the Keto diet approach and my workout regimen (DDPYoga) for about two weeks now. I started at 332 and am down to 315 as of this morning. It’s still tough - every couple of days or so I need to seriously fight some type of temptation (bread at a restaurant, I’ve cream for something sweet), but I’ve fortunately really kept up the discipline this time. We’re visiting my sister in a San Francisco in mid-July and am hoping I can at least lose an additional 20 pounds before the trip.

Congrats on the weight loss! Keep it up. I am also on Keto. Like you, I still have cravings, but unlike you, I take cheat days every 2 weeks or so. But I've noticed that even when I cheat I often feel like it was not worth it. Also, like you, when I started the diet in March I was around 330, and as of today, I am down to 283. I say that to say, KEEP GOING, and the diet works! I set a goal of 15 pounds every 30 days. So far I am on track.

My goal is to ultimately get down to around 225. My short term goal is to get down to a weight to ride B&M hyper coasters, which those calm shell restraints. I am 6'2" 283. After a successful Dollywood trip, I am headed to VA for a Kings Dominion/ Busch Gardens trip. Apollo's Chariot will be my first test run. If things go well, or close to well, I will be heading to Carowinds in July.

PS DDP Yoga? Are you a wrestling fan too?

• 3 weeks later...

So I have some great news. I conquered my great white whale. I rode Fury 325!

Some quick backstory. In 2015, like many, I went to Carowinds, and had the worst experience ever. I could not fit on Fury 325, the reasons I went, or Intimidator. It was a real bummer. In 2016 I took a trip to Cedar Point and Kings Island. While at Kings Island, I could not fit on Diamondback and barely fit on Banshee. While at Cedar Point I could not fit on Valravn, Force, Wicked Twister or TTD.

Now that law school is over and I am barred and working, I decided to focus on my fitness. Since March, I've lost 50 pounds and I decided to go back to Carowinds to avenge my walks of shame and I fit! I still believe that Intimidator 305 is my number one BUT at least now I can talk about why based on my first hand experience on both coasters.

2074334649_Fury325.thumb.jpg.903c5675c354a80b325c99c36cc0b5c4.jpg

^ CONGRATS!

I'm about 7 lbs from my goal. . and struggling (giving in to temptations these past couple of weeks due to stress).. but will get there eventually.

good on you tho, I loved the Ampersand turn around on Fury (night rides were amazing).. but I like I305 too

I had a good month in May; bad month in June.

Sadly, I'll be dealing with my weight issues for life. I'll figure out how to cope, even if it means not going out to eat to keep my psyche at peace

We all do. The weight loss journey is rarely a straight line down to your goal. What is most important is that you don't beat yourself for it. Just start fresh.

^ That's excellent news! So happy for you!

And to answer your previous question - yes, a fan of wrestling. Jericho's podcast helped steer me towards DDPY.

I'm down a little bit more, down to about 310. I had a bunch of events last weekend that caused me to slip a bit, so I needed to use the last couple of days to reset, but I'm back on track. Hopefully the scale shows another positive result next time!

• 2 weeks later...

this thread's been quiet for a little bit, so how is everyone doing?

as to me. . I got back from St. Louis and worked my butt off to get back on track, and actually came in ~191.8 in mid June.

then got "stuck" and slipped up a few times. As is my trend, and what I always struggle with, I don't just slip - I typically backslide pretty badly.

in this case, I stuck to the exercise, even as I made some very poor eating decisions (dealing with life stuff with my Dad, and depression that the scale isn't moving).

At least I can look at the bright side, and know that it COULD have been way worse. . and at least since I kept exercising I counteracted the worst foods I ate.

Weighted on 7/5, and came in at 192.4 (so gained about a 1/2 lb in the past 3 weeks).

so:

started back on plan on 4/1 at 218 lbs

1st check in was on 4/14 at 211.6 lbs

2nd check in was on 4/22 at 208.2 lbs

3rd check in was on 4/28 at 206.2 lbs

4th check in was on 5/10 at 201.8 lbs.

5th check in was on 5/18: 199.2 lbs.

6th check in was on 5/26: 198 lbs.

7th check in was ~ 6/13: 191.8 lbs

and

8th check in was 7/5: 192.4 lbs.

I'll check again on Friday (7/12), and hopefully trending down a little bit. . but even if not? that's still down: ~26lbs from start back on plan.

that's my status, how are y'all doing?

Hey man, if after all of that during the last three weeks you're only up less than one pound, I'd consider that a HUGE win and is still something to be proud of.

I got down to about 305 recently, but I haven't been following keto protocol the last couple of days as I'm on vacation. Trying to not go crazy (and so far I think I've achieved that), and tomorrow morning we're flying out to see my sister in San Francisco for a week, during which we're going to be doing a LOT of walking / hiking, plus I still plan on doing my yoga workouts in the hotel room while I'm out there. I've put a couple pounds back on since I've relaxed my eating, but I mean it when I say only a couple. Still fitting into some clothes a lot better than I was in the recent past.

Once we get back next Wednesday, I'm going to really dial the discipline back up to 11 and see if I can get past this 300lb plateau and break back into the 200s.

weighed myself just now (post exercise, and not having eaten yet today), and I seem to have gotten back on track, dropping ~3 1/2 lbs since last week!

very happy to be in the 180's again (!!), and gonna celebrate by all you can eat sushi lunch

so:

8th check in was 7/5: 192.4 lbs.

and today, 7/12: 189.0 lbs

so in total? down 29 lbs since going back on my plan post Quad injury.

(and only 9 lbs higher than the lowest I've gotten)

that's my status, how are y'all doing?

Has anyone heard of the 75 Hard? The guys on a podcast I listen to suggested we all try a modified version of it (BC69 we call it), and I've been solidly on track with the exception of a few cheat days around July 4th.

69 days of:

-45 minutes of exercise every day (at least partially outdoors)

-Stick to a diet (whichever one you choose)

-No alcohol

-One gallon of water a day (the surprisingly hardest part)

-Read 10 minutes

-Take daily progress photos

I've lost some weight since starting this about a month ago and I'm noticing a bit more muscle tone and stamina. My sleep has been better too and I've gotten less stomachaches (probably from not drinking). It hasn't always been easy to check off all the "to-dos", but I'm overall happy with my results!

Anyone else interested in joining? It helps to have accountability.

Not that it's a big deal, but I did manage to drop 2 pounds this week.

I still want to drop another 25 or so before I'm truly confident in how I look/feel.

I just don't feel comfortable cheating in any way; and that includes when I go to parks and such (essentially, on days when I go to Six Flags America; I do starve myself for that day).

At this point in my life; I really don't trust myself NOT to gorge on garbage food; so I hardly ever go out to eat.

Has anyone heard of the 75 Hard? The guys on a podcast I listen to suggested we all try a modified version of it (BC69 we call it), and I've been solidly on track with the exception of a few cheat days around July 4th.

69 days of:

-45 minutes of exercise every day (at least partially outdoors)

-Stick to a diet (whichever one you choose)

-No alcohol

-One gallon of water a day (the surprisingly hardest part)

-Read 10 minutes

-Take daily progress photos

I've lost some weight since starting this about a month ago and I'm noticing a bit more muscle tone and stamina. My sleep has been better too and I've gotten less stomachaches (probably from not drinking). It hasn't always been easy to check off all the "to-dos", but I'm overall happy with my results!

Anyone else interested in joining? It helps to have accountability.

that's pretty close to what I do anyways, tho I refuse to do "daily progress" (either photos or weigh ins). . . I do once a week , or close to that.

and I do drink occasionally. . but the others I do. My daily walk, is between 50 minutes and 1:15

even tho this week involved eating out several times, I tried to be on good behavior.

I kept up my walks every day (at least an hour a day, usually more), and I went dancing on Sunday night (so despite a few Crown & Cokes, I still danced for over 3 hours non stop).

weighed myself just now (post exercise, and not having eaten yet today), and I'm down ~2 1/2 lbs since last Friday.

so:

8th check in was 7/5: 192.4 lbs

9th check in was 7/12: 189.0 lbs

and today, 7/19? 186.4 lbs

so in total? down 31.6 lbs since going back on my plan post Quad injury.

(and only ~1 1/2 lbs from my goal, and 6 1/2 from my stretch goal for Dragon*con at the end of August

• 3 weeks later...

I was on a month-long road trip in July, so I did a LOT of cheating.... When I got home, I was 250lb, which was about 10lb more than I was when I left. But then two days later, I was down to 246, and I think it's because I was really swollen and had retained a lot of water from all the sitting I did (driving, etc). So my non-water weight gain was around 6lbs, and I'm honestly surprised 'cause I thought I would've gained WAY more with the way we ate.

I mean, we were in Chicago, Green Bay, Pigeon Forge, Columbia (SC), Atlanta, New Orleans, and Memphis, amongst others.... So lots of pizza, fried cheese curds, beignets, etc. Lots of soda, too, 'cause we got Six Flags memberships with the unlimited soda refill bottles...

So considering all that, I'm okay with the few extra pounds I came home with.