TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Liseberg Sweden May 2016 (Technical Tour)

After a nice day of traveling an a visit to Tolk Schau we arrived at Gothenborg, Sweden after a nice night of sleep on the sea. We took our cars from the ferry and went on to find our apartment in Gothenborg. That was beyond expectations large and modern. We are about 10 minutes’ walk away from Liseberg park or the city centre in the other direction.

After we have done some shopping we decided to check out the route to the park and find some nice restaurant to have some dinner that evening. When we stopped for a drink Rene and Jeroen start to act a little bit strange. They knew something the rest of the group did not know yet and the tension to keep it a secret weighted to heavy on them so the big word came out.

Rene and Jeroen had been so free to contact some parks before we took of for the trip. And that was not unsuccessfully. Three parks gave a reaction in return and Liseberg was one of them. They let us behind a message to come to the parks main entrance by the end of the morning. There someone will meet us to see if they can show us some things behind the scenes. So next day we made sure we would be in time at the park main entrance.

For the video of the Technical tour, please click below.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

For a short park impression, please click below.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

And here we move on with the big photo trip report

Some funny road signs around here.

tHwcnQa.jpg

fUel5BM.jpg

Swimming pool on height.

jsO8cK3.jpg

The Entrance.

OIJICeh.jpg

A6gGC6W.jpg

And there we are. Waiting at the main entrance hoping someone showed up as was told.

bqwjPum.jpg

After a short time of waiting 2 gentlemen came up to us and introduced them self as Pontus and Jonas. After a short round of introducing the took us up to the hill where Helix and Liseberg Banan are located. Then Jonas asked us “well where would you like to start?” Well if we can choose than Helix please.

vv0t4YR.jpg

Via the operator room of Helix we are taken in tot he station. Jonas and Pontus explains every button on the operators desk, where the safety measures kicks in and when. “Ow do you want to see the maintenance downstairs? Follow me.” Oke now I thought is a good moment to ask if it is oke if I use the camera and make some pictures. “No problem at all” was the answer in return. Also the sharing on social media was no problem with them. Always nice to have that straighten out on a tour like this.

VEf4Qw3.jpg

eB8HAxK.jpg

We have used our eyes well and where overwhelmed by the kindness and the will of Pontus and Jonas to explain and answer everything so openly that we forgot here to ask some questions.

w6pMpl1.jpg

NB2sjuD.jpg

hegpu23.jpg

uPtTNx6.jpg

lUkbvXC.jpg

UdRDSte.jpg

8dSoQmE.jpg

V39W09x.jpg

IIoYCS6.jpg

Now it was time to move on to the coaster next door. Liseberg Banan. An old fashion Schwarzkopf coaster. And that was noticeable. A little bit out of contrast with the hyper modern setting we stood in 5 minutes ago at Helix. But as for the computer freak a working Commodore 64 is heaven on earth, counts here the same for a coaster fanatic.

22HRF3v.jpg

oPTU02D.jpg

fV5Vsuq.jpg

Bg92YiF.jpg

bivuI6K.jpg

ONnd5Yh.jpg

RWZckdn.jpg

After watching our eyes out we were pulled further in to the park. Next stop was Kanonen. A Intamin launch coaster. Nice thing to know is that the operator has to guess the weight of the people in the train to decide is the train needs a less or faster launch to prevent a rollback.

qfnKSU7.jpg

ys0KD7g.jpg

tSi60D8.jpg

yad1XEY.jpg

rEKnQyb.jpg

5vVtIBH.jpg

9FI1yLO.jpg

XthDM6H.jpg

dUKtGWU.jpg

cDVpsA3.jpg

h6ozHS4.jpg

juIFXLN.jpg

And since we had another 45 minutes left until opening park we were able to check out also the

Wooden Intamin coaster “Balder” for a grand tour.

zIkSFwe.jpg

tvIYQMG.jpg

91aeEXq.jpg

RCLCZCz.jpg

SRahEA2.jpg

O3EtpFR.jpg

ESrDU6b.jpg

Now the park will open in a few minutes Pontus and Jonas had to resume to there normal work and we thanked them for there hospitality and time and handed over a can of typical Dutch “Stroopwafels” as a present for them. At the service desk we were handed out a wristband for free entrance and unlimited rides. How nice is that!!!

Below you find the normal “in front of the scene” pictures of the two days we stayed in this wonderful city park of Liseberg.

zSbJsGc.jpg

7mnw233.jpg

KW69L6v.jpg

ckSwB9y.jpg

Uq0qOrX.jpg

wkXBx7G.jpg

wDPnORL.jpg

HZwxTxf.jpg

Ii1CpEZ.jpg

zJY3sVh.jpg

HIS2pY2.jpg

Lwe0x2z.jpg

LgpojkB.jpg

2lNkcqc.jpg

tTlzb2w.jpg

pb4vDdC.jpg

2AgVskn.jpg

aw3AGnK.jpg

5Lo22Qw.jpg

hcYBPIM.jpg

JLpgz94.jpg

JR4LzAI.jpg

D3LjIPt.jpg

So far for day 3 and 4 of the trip. Day 5 will be a travel day by Ferry to Frederikshavn Denmark to pick up the next park day on day 6 at Farup Sommerland.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can´t believe this was 1.5 years ago. Wow, the time really goes fast...

I think I had 10 different groups that year to guide around the park, but I remember you guys.

Wanna know why?

The "Stroopwafles"! They were soooo good

Nice to see my old Kanonen again. I wonder if the other (yet officially secret) park will keep the control booth as it was. It had a really smart and ergonomic design.

I am glad you liked the tour with me and Jonas, we really appreciate the feedback!

Hope you will come back someday and test our new coaster Valkyria, it will be great!

/Pontus

Hi Pontus,

Thanks fo your reply. Didn't expect you here at TPR

The both of you gave us a day we won't forget any time soon.

Me and Iris are planning to visit Liseberg this summer to ride Helix with my son who's finaly tall enough to take place

on the ride. (I hope there is no restriction on age) And maybe if everything is working out wel, we will be there with the opening of of Valkyra. (I can't tell more openly on the forum at this moment)

If you want to have some photo's for your private collection please let me know.

We stay in touch