TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Final Farewell Astroworld Photos

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. AstroWorld actually looks like it was a great park! I never really researched it and always assumed it was kind of like a small magic mountain with no thememing. Too bad I'll never have the chance to experience it Great photos! Looks like it was an amazing park.

_six

All of those pictures showed Astroworld off nicely. Some of it looks retro, other parts looks like a typical Six Flags park.

Astroworld, from the pics I have seen, looks like it has a unique niche in Houston's history.

Great photos!

Well I just got back to Philly after making the trip down to Houston this weekend. I'd wanted to get AstroWorld for years and i'm glad I did. I'd heard some good things about the park but a lot more bad. Well I have to say that besides the park being very crowded both Friday night and all day Saturday that I really enjoyed AstroWorld. It's ashame it's being closed and I wish that this hadn't been my first and last visit to the park, I'll have a full Photo Trip Report tommorrow. The weather was great with a nice blue sky, so I should have some great photos to share with you.

Wow, what great photos, Mark. Thanks for sharing. While my only visit to Astroworld was back in the summer of 1999, it seems to be a lot nicer, with lots of stuff receiving paint and proper maintenance. I'm sad to see the park closing forever in a few days, as it was a nice collection of rides and had nice theming, kinda like a poor man's Phantasialand or Europa Park. Awesome pictures of Mayan Mindbender with the lights on, I would have never thought it looked like that.

Back in '99 I wished I coulda visited back when the Batman: The Escape queue went thru the Batcave or when there was a hedge maze in the Looney Tunes section. Now I just wish I could go again for some Viper, Greezed Lightning, and Texas Cyclone or even XLR-8 backwards.

Thanks for posting all these pictures. While I only have visited Astroworld back in the summer of 1978, it looks like quite a few of the attractions I remember are still there. Serpent, Texas Cyclone, Greezed Lightning, Gunslinger, Runaway Ricksaw, Bamboo Chute etc.