TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Schwaben Park adding a one of a kind coaster

World novelty in Schwaben Park

1335142090_fertigescover.png.0028f587d6ae40708502a51c943b7970.png

World premiere in Schwaben Park announced for 2018. Next year, the first of its kind roller coaster "Wilde Hilde" by Ride Engineers (RES) will be built in Kaisersbach, Swabia, which is a perfect complement to the existing attraction portfolio.

The Swiss company "RES" will join in the hard-fought roller coaster market and plans to open its first own roller coaster in 2018. The prototype of the "Roller Ball" is to be placed in Schwaben Park next to Force One and is like a family-friendly version of the ZacSpin by Intamin or FreeSpins by S&S.

Thematically, it refers back to the farm theme, more specifically to a Chicken Coop. And with the name "Wilde Hilde", the roller coaster will have a short but fitting name for the theme.

But what makes the Roller Ball so special? By lift, it goes to a height of 25 meters and then follows a veritable "mess". Before each drop, the gondolas are braked with magnetic brakes and will start to rock back and forth, before it goes down the drop and the direction of travel is changed. This makes the attraction very suitable for families.

schwaben-park-neue-attraktion-2018-panorama-grafik-620x350.jpg.396498b1782877e0e910f03eac6bcf5a.jpg

schwabenparkfertig.thumb.jpg.bdaa865eae3b6d1f22ab8c32b0c65aa3.jpg

IMG-20171215-WA0027.thumb.jpg.c7f2f733a1aeab4a7206db5c128f9458.jpg

wilde-hilde-schwaben-park-achterbahn-2018-rendering.thumb.jpg.680a78cfebbc5cf1f5a0002a9adabfc7.jpg

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Source

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The video shows it slowing down just before each drop into the "next level" of track,

thus preventing flipping. I guess that will convince more families to ride it.

Fun video, by the way.

Holy shit. That damn RCT3 coaster is finally getting built?!?! I'm in shock.

It almost got built in 2005 at Hershey. It was ultimately cancelled and Hershey ended up suing the manufacturer that was building it due to a breach of contract.

Sorry if this is too off topic, but this 'high &twisty' design made me recall a couple of You Tube videos I recently came across. (I suspect that quite a few listers here may have found these already.)  I personally would name this coaster The Kevorkian and get a fast pass when "my time has come."  Final credit!

Euthanasia Roller Coaster

Similar video... with more 'science' narration by the designer. A Coaster Designed to Kill.

Alice

You know, the more I see this project the more I find myself thinking "This would be such a great fit for Dollywood or Silver Dollar City."

#OneCanHopeRight?

If you look on their website their concept art for this coaster model shows it themed with a bunch of gears and such. It could accompany Time Traveler with that theme

You know, the more I see this project the more I find myself thinking "This would be such a great fit for Dollywood or Silver Dollar City."

#OneCanHopeRight?

Maybe we can wait to see if it sucks and has miserable capacity first before we fantasize about them selling 56 of these? The art also shows three 4 passenger vehicles, which is...not much.

Maybe we can wait to see if it sucks and has miserable capacity first before we fantasize about them selling 56 of these? The art also shows three 4 passenger vehicles, which is...not much.

...fantasize...

Don't you know in fantasies capacity doesn't matter??

However... low capactiy?! Sounds like we can expect them to start popping up at Six Flags parks across the county.

This seems to be the first ride ever by this company actually built, they have some pretty wild looking rides on their website including a double loading version of those ABC Tourbillon rides going to six flags parks this year.
I advise against going to the site. It froze my device and restarted it with missing programs. Hopefully the company can fix that.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

^Yes, it might be a good fit for a small family park, but not a major theme park.

As we have seen there are plenty of these unique. low capacity messed up coasters that live in rural German parks, that have never made it to America.

#OneCanHopeRight?

If they added another car and hustled with loading/unloading then the capacity wouldn't be as bad.

When I first saw the concept art I wasn't a fan but the video changed my mind. I really dig this concept! It looks fun with the swinging and the little drops.

• 7 months later...