TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR Coaster Poll" Thread!

So.... if I already submitted my rankings and saved them is it too late to make a few adjustments? If not no biggie but I got some credits this weekend I missed last time (Invadr, Ricochet/Apple Zapple, Flight of Fear) as well as some amazing laps on previously ridden coasters that definitely shake up my top 50 a bit and I'd kinda like to update my rankings. TIA

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, will this be a "living" poll with updates on a regular basis? Monthly for example? Or will results be released once a year with data being collected all year? Or something like "you have 2 weeks to update your rankings" and new results are released annually? Just curious what the plan was.

So.... if I already submitted my rankings and saved them is it too late to make a few adjustments?
At the bottom of the rankings page, there was an option to make changes and then I believe you just need to hit submit again before the 3/31 deadline.

This is correct. Just click the button to edit, and then click it again to submit. No submission is "final and binding" until we tabulate the rankings for 2017 at the end of this month.

Out of curiosity, will this be a "living" poll with updates on a regular basis? Monthly for example? Or will results be released once a year with data being collected all year? Or something like "you have 2 weeks to update your rankings" and new results are released annually? Just curious what the plan was.

We will be adding new coasters (Twisted Timbers, Time Traveler, et al) on a semi-regular basis in chunks (likely either every 3 months or every 4 months) and letting everyone know when we do, but we will only be generating results once a year.

For the purpose of this beta test, we'd like to keep up "2017 and before" only. We will do another poll that will include the 2018 coasters assuming this one goes well!

UPDATE #5

We are in the final stages of wrapping up the Coaster Poll Beta Test which will give us REAL results with a real ranking! Please be sure to "finalize" your ballot by ranking all your coasters and make sure to click the "DONE RANKING" button to officially submit your ballot. The "DONE RANKING" button is new and if you haven't updated your ballot recently and clicked that button your ballot may not get submitted! So just to be safe, go right now and check your ballot and click that button!

Please click this link: https://coasterpoll.com/

- Deadline for submitting your final ballot will be March 31st.

Thank you!

Edited by robbalvey

UPDATE #5

We are in the final stages of wrapping up the Coaster Poll Beta Test which will give us REAL results with a real ranking! Please be sure to "finalize" your ballot by ranking all your coasters and make sure to click the "DONE RANKING" button to officially submit your ballot. The "DONE RANKING" button is new and if you haven't updated your ballot recently and clicked that button your ballot may not get submitted! So just to be safe, go right now and check your ballot and click that button!

Please click this link: https://coasterpoll.com/

Thank you!

When do you plan on closing the poll? I want to make sure I find some time to do the poll. I'll try doing it after work tonight if it's still open then.

Just a heads up, for any of us that did our coaster list early on, make sure to go back as there are probably more coasters listed now that you should add. I was working on my ranking and realized something I wanted to rank in my bottom five was missing and sure enough, there were a bunch of new international parks added since I had done my initial list.

So I was filling out my rankings, and every time I changed something I tapped the save button at the top of the page. Then I remembered a coaster I didn't have on my list, so I searched for it and clicked to add it. Then I went back to my rankings and they were the exact same as I started them. I'm not sure what the problem was, but if that's the case for someone else, it may be an issue. Hopefully it just takes time for the server to change my rankings, and everything is okay.

Again, thank you everyone who was involved with making this project.

*edit: update. I reloaded and everything was fixed. I didn't waste an hour of my life after all!

Updated and saved. Can't wait to see the results! I'll have a bunch of new coasters under my belt by this time next year, so I hope there'll be another poll.

Top 5:

1. Twisted Colossus

2. X2

3. Xcelerator

4. Tatsu

5. Viper @ SFMM (haters gonna hate)

Updated and saved. Can't wait to see the results! I'll have a bunch of new coasters under my belt by this time next year, so I hope there'll be another poll.

Top 5:

1. Twisted Colossus

2. X2

3. Xcelerator

4. Tatsu

I'm assuming you're happy the rumors of Viper's removal turned out to be false?

Top 5:

1. Twisted Colossus

2. X2

3. Xcelerator

4. Tatsu

I'm assuming you're happy the rumors of Viper's removal turned out to be false?

Very happy, indeed.

I did it as best as I could! I've been on a lot of crappy coasters...here's my top and bottom as the middle doesn't seem to matter as much!

Top Ten

Expedition GeForce Intamin Amusement Rides Holiday Park

Lightning Rod Rocky Mountain Construction Dollywood

Balder Intamin Amusement Rides Liseberg

Phoenix Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters Knoebels Amusement Park and Resort

Maverick Intamin Amusement Rides Cedar Point

Wildfire Rocky Mountain Construction Kolmården

El Toro Intamin Amusement Rides Six Flags Great Adventure

Storm Chaser Rocky Mountain Construction Kentucky Kingdom

Outlaw Run Rocky Mountain Construction Silver Dollar City

Kawasemi Intamin Amusement Rides Tobu Zoo Park

Bottom Five

Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril Intamin Amusement Rides Disneyland Paris - Disneyland Park

Condor Vekoma Rides Manufacturing Walibi Holland

Hades 360 The Gravity Group Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park

Goudurix Vekoma Rides Manufacturing Parc Astérix

Bandit Roller Coaster Corporation of America Movie Park Germany

Top Ten

Wow, this is great - I've been hoping to see an updated list from you guys. Robb, you're next!

I'm going to Europe for the first time this summer, and it thrills me to see three of the scheduled coasters make it into your top 6...

I agree on everything else (esp. LRod), but I apparently need to ride Storm Chaser again - I heard it's warmed up a bit since 2016. Here's my mine:

1. Lightning Rod RMC at Dollywood.

2. Intimidator 305 Intamin at KD.

3. Maverick Intamin at CP.

4. Outlaw Run RMC at SDC.

5. Skyrush Intamin at Hersheypark.

6. El Toro Intamin at SFGAdv.

7. Medusa Steel Coaster RMC at SFM.

8. Phoenix PTC at Knoebels.

9. Mega-Lite Intamin at HVSH.

10. Coaster CarlPhare at Playland.

Hey, just a quick note that the Sea World San Antonio coasters don't work through the search feature -- I think it's because the park abbreviation was changed. Also couldn't get Mystic Timbers on the search either. Working on the rest of my list now.

I did it as best as I could! I've been on a lot of crappy coasters...here's my top and bottom as the middle doesn't seem to matter as much!

Top Ten

RMC is really eating into Intamin's market share on your list.

My rankings are done!

I already posted my top coasters, but I'll share my bottom 10 as well, worst on top. There's quite a bit of overlap with Elissa'a list...

Hades 360 -- The Gravity Group -- Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park

Bandit -- Roller Coaster Corporation of America -- Movie Park Germany

Condor -- Vekoma Rides Manufacturing -- Walibi Holland

MP-Xpress -- Vekoma Rides Manufacturing -- Movie Park Germany

Soarin' Eagle -- Zamperla -- Scream Zone

Temple of the Night Hawk -- Vekoma Rides Manufacturing -- Phantasialand

Crazy Mine -- Maurer Rides -- Hansa Park

T3 -- Vekoma Rides Manufacturing -- Kentucky Kingdom

Nighthawk -- Vekoma Rides Manufacturing -- Carowinds

Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril -- Intamin Amusement Rides -- Disneyland Paris - Disneyland Park

Dis-honorable mentions to two rides not on the poll: our dearly departed Son of Beast (rest in pieces) and that kiddie Dragon Coaster at Beech Bend that we all thought was going to break apart -- and eventually did.

Alright I have submitted my ballot. Very difficult to judge since some coasters I have ridden recently, while others it's 10+ years since I rode. But I think my top 10 looks something like this:

El Toro Intamin at SFGAdv.

Wildfire RMC at Kolmarden.

Storm Runner Intamin at Hersheypark.

Nitro B&M at SFGAdv.

Kumba B&M at BGT.

Phoenix PTC at Knoebels.

Boulder Dash CCI at LakeCompounce.

Montu B&M at BGT.

Katun B&M at Mirabilandia.

Balder Intamin at Liseberg.

And then my dishonorable bottom 5:

Coaster Express RCCA at Parque Warner Madrid.

Super Flight Zamperla at RyePlayland.

Cobra Sartori at TivoliFriheden.

Condor Vekoma at Walibi Holland.

Volare Zamperla at Prater.

Never really thought about my top ten until this made me really consider it, but here it is:

1) Ravine Flyer II

2) Voyage

3) El Toro

4) Maverick

5) X2

6) Twisted Timbers (it's tied with Lighting Rod for me, and also it's not on the list)

6) Lightning Rod

7) Boulder Dash

8) Giant Dipper (SCBB)

9) DC Rivals Hypercoaster

10) Skyrush

Twisted Timbers (it's tied with Lighting Rod for me, and also it's not on the list)

The list is for 2017 coasters right now. Not everyone has gotten to ride Twisted Timbers yet, it just opened! It will be on our 2018 poll if this one goes well enough.