TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR Coaster Poll" Thread!

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I've looked over it, but I think I screwed something up since I get the following on every computer and browser I try to open my ranking on:

That's Not Right

500 - We screwed up

Sorry. We'll take a look and try to fix it.

Huh. Send me a PM with your email address and I’ll take a look. Is it only the ranking page that doesn’t work?

Here's my Top less-than-20 (you can tell that I've not had the chance to go to many places):

1) Outlaw Run (SDC)

2) Powderkeg (SDC)

3) Wildfire (SDC)

4) Mamba (WoF)

5) Patriot (WoF)

6) Expedition Everest (WDW:AK)

7) Space Mountain (WDW:MK)

8) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (WDW:MK)

9) Thunderation (SDC)

10) Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (WDW:DHS)

11) Fire in the Hole (SDC)

12) Prowler (WoF)

13) Spinning Dragons (WoF)

14) Timber Wolf (WoF)

15) Boomerang (WoF)

16) Primeval Whirl (WDW:AK)

Here is my top 20 and bottom five. Keep in mind that I have really only visited the south-western United States parks.

Top 20

1. Cannibal

2. Twisted Colossus

3. Manta (San Diego) - Think this coaster is really underrated

4. Tatsu

5. Riddler's Revenge

6. Silver Bullet

7. Xcelerator

8. California Screamin'

9. Full Throttle

10. Goliath (SFMM)

11. Spider

12. Colossus The Fire Dragon

13. Sierra Sidewinder

14. Batman The Ride (SFMM)

15. Ninja (SFMM)

16. Wicked

17. X2

18. Viper (SFMM)

19. New Revolution

20. Montezooma's Revenge

Bottom Five

5. Giant Dipper (Belmont)

4. Santa Monica West Coaster

3. Wild Mouse (Lagoon)

2. Bat (Lagoon)

1. Green Lantern: First Flight

Hoping to add some of Carowinds' and Six Flags Over Georgia's coasters to this list sometime this summer!

Okay. So the people who were getting errors when trying to rank shouldn't be having issues any more. You may want to scroll through your rankings and make sure everything how they should be. Since we've removed some coasters (mostly duplicates) they won't appear in your rankings anymore.

Since we're sharing, here's my top 25 so far:

1. El Toro

2. Superman The Ride

3. Storm Chaser

4. Lightning Run

5. Phantom's Revenge

6. I-305

7. Wicked Cyclone

8. Maverick

9. Storm Runner

10. Top Thrill Dragster

11. Xcelerator

12. Lightning Rod

13. New Texas Giant

14. Fury 325

15. Millennium Force

16. Boulder Dash

17. Twisted Colossus

18. Outlaw Run

19. Iron Rattler

20. Voyage

21. X2

22. Kingda Ka

23. Ride of Steel (DL)

24. Ride of Steel (SFA)

25. Leviathan

Here is my top 25:

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park

2. Taron - Phantasialand

3. Helix - Liseberg

4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park

5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park

6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa Park

7. Silver Star - Europa Park

8. Goliath - Walibi Holland

9. Balder - Liseberg

10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

11. Red Force - Ferrari Land

12. Flug der Dämonen - Heide Park Resort

13. Star Trek: Operation Enterprise - Movie Park Germany

14. Troy - Toverland

15. Lost Gravity - Walibi Holland

16. Gold Rush - Attractiepark Slagharen

17. Wodan Timbur Coaster - Europa Park

18. Black Mamba - Phantasialand

19. Dragon Khan - PortAventura Park

20. Baron 1898 - Efteling

21. Ozlris - Parc Astérix

22. Krake - Heide Park Resort

23. Fluch von Novgorod - Hansa Park

24. Monster - Walygator Parc

25. Anubis: The Ride - Plopsaland De Panne

Ranking works again! Thanks. I think it had something to do with the drag and drop while also chaning the numbers before saving. Got my top 15 now (or almost)

• 1. Wildfire - Kolmarden Zoo
    2. Taron - Phantasialand
    3. Helix - Liseberg
    4. Troy - Toverland
    5. Goliath - Walibi World
    6. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park
    7. Cyclone - Coney Island
    8. Silver Star - Europa Park
    9. Juvelen - Djurs Sommarland
    10. Lisebergbanan - Liseberg
    11. Orkanen - Farup Sommarland
    12. Superman la Atracción de Acero - Parque d'attractions Madrid
    13 .Olympia Looping / Munich Looping - Traveling
    14. Baron 1898 - Efteling
    15. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa Park
    16. Flug der Dämonen - Heide Park
    17. Fluch von Novgorod - Hansa Park
    18. Heide the ride - Plopsaland de Panne
    19. Joris en de Draak - Efteling
    20. Jetline - Gronalund

I know, there are no B&M inverts eventough I rode Black Mamba and Monster. They are just to intense for me to enjoy.

Okay, so... In my case I've ridden Chang at SFKK, and never been to GADV, would the proper step be to mark it ridden as Green Lantern on the GADV listing, or not mark it at all?

I would mark it as ridden. I had the same dilemma with Flashback/Boomerang (SFOT/SFSTL).

Why would you mark a coaster that you haven't actually ridden? Just because it's in a different location? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. There are plenty of things that can happen or change when a ride moves from one location to another. Case in point: Taz's Texas Tornado > Zonga or Deja Vu > Goliath.

Location, settings, operations, climate, alterations in hardware... all of those things can lead to a very different ride experience. I get that you want to mark it as ridden if you've technically "ridden it" in one place, but if you haven't ridden it in it's current location, in it's current configuration, then I don't think it should be marked on the ballot.

Just my thoughts on this...

Age is such a huge factor as well, if I was ranking Hair Raiser based on my 1st ever ride it would have been probably my lowest B&M but much higher than it will be now, I didn't get the complaints that I'd seen about the roughness on my 1st ride since it wasn't enough to distract too much but that one drops with each future visit. Kumba, I haven't ridden in over 15 years but I get the feeling that hasn't changed too much to rank it accurately. Although not sure about Space Mountain Mission 2 since I rode that when it first opened and I hear that has changed a lot since then in rideability.

Hey everyone,

Just a reminder that if you haven't done your ranking yet, or haven't touched it since we initially opened the poll a while ago, to please do so!

We're really looking for feedback / ranking lists from our readers that are local to or have been on tours (with TPR or otherwise) to parks in Asian / Middle Eastern countries such as China, South Korea, and the UAE. We know that there are a lot of great coasters popping up, and we want to get a great sample of people who have been on any of those coasters!

A note on that: the Happy Valley park in Chengdu was previously absent from the list, it is there now. Anyone who has ridden Fly Over Mediterranean (the Mega Lite) can and should add it and the other coasters to their lists.

In addition, please also take note of any "new for 2017" coasters that you have ridden, such as the DC Rivals Hypercoaster at Movie World and Gold Rush at Slagharen, to name a few.

Thanks so much!

Working on getting some rankings on there now. Her's something I noticed. If I search for "Expedition GeForce" and click on it, it takes me to this URL, which gives me a 404:

https://coasterpoll.com/@HP/expedition-geforce

If I search through the "coasters" link and pick Holiday Park from there, I can access this URL, which works:

https://coasterpoll.com/@HolidayPark/expedition-geforce

That has been fixed, it should be working now. The URL should be: https://coasterpoll.com/@HolidayPark/expedition-geforce

It works, thanks!

Here's my top 25, I'll put more in later.

1) Millennium Force -- Intamin Amusement Rides -- Cedar Point

2) Expedition GeForce -- Intamin Amusement Rides -- Holiday Park

3) Lightning Rod -- Rocky Mountain Construction -- Dollywood

4) Medusa Steel Coaster -- Rocky Mountain Construction -- Six Flags Mexico

5) El Toro -- Intamin Amusement Rides -- Six Flags Great Adventure

6) Outlaw Run -- Rocky Mountain Construction -- Silver Dollar City

7) Schwur des Kärnan -- Gerstlauer -- Hansa Park

8) Wildfire -- Rocky Mountain Construction -- Kolmården

9) Helix -- Mack Rides -- Liseberg

10) Fury 325 -- Bolliger & Mabillard -- Carowinds

11) Storm Runner -- Intamin Amusement Rides -- Hersheypark

12) Skyrush -- Intamin Amusement Rides -- Hersheypark

13) Maverick -- Intamin Amusement Rides -- Cedar Point

14) Phoenix -- Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters -- Knoebels Amusement Park and Resort

15) Top Thrill Dragster -- Intamin Amusement Rides -- Cedar Point

16) Goliath -- Intamin Amusement Rides -- Walibi Holland

17) Voyage -- The Gravity Group -- Holiday World

18) Intimidator 305 -- Intamin Amusement Rides -- Kings Dominion

19) Colossos (Heide Park) (not on the poll, but this is where I'd put it if it was!)

20) Banshee -- Bolliger & Mabillard -- Kings Island

21) Montu -- Bolliger & Mabillard -- Busch Gardens Tampa

22) Phantom's Revenge -- Morgan -- Kennywood

23) Kingda Ka -- Intamin Amusement Rides -- Six Flags Great Adventure

24) Kumba -- Bolliger & Mabillard -- Busch Gardens Tampa

25) Lost Gravity -- Mack Rides -- Walibi Holland

Typo:

Walibi Sud-Ouest rather than Walibi Sud-Quest.

Suggestions:

I reckon Wild Train at Parc Saint Paul should be included as you've got some of the other Pax stuff.

Same with Miniwah at Freizeitpark Plohn as you've got a few worse powered coasters hanging around.

If we're calling out unnecessary family rides on the list, these two jumped out to me:

Green Scream - Adventure Island

Achterbahn - Bayern Park

Inconsistencies/missing clones:

Dragon from Legoland Malaysia is missing when German equivalent exists.

Dragon Legend at Romon-U.

Chimelong's Sky Rocket.

You've got a Golden Horse spinner at China Dinosaur Park but not other parks such as Jin Jiang Action Park, Wanda Nanchang & Hefei.

All the mine train clones from Happy Valleys, Joyland etc. are included, but not the ones from from Oriental Heritage/Fantawild parks (Night Rescues /Mount Tanggulas). It may take you down a dark path to start including all of that model though...

That'll do for today.

Yes! This is exactly the kind of feedback we're looking for. Thank you!

Typo: Walibi Sud-Ouest rather than Walibi Sud-Quest.

This has been fixed. The search function will be broken on that park's Boomerang for a few hours.

I reckon Wild Train at Parc Saint Paul should be included as you've got some of the other Pax stuff.

We included Fantasiana's because we felt it was large enough for our list (none of the Wild Train 8s and 15s are there), and Formula for being the equivalent of a wild mouse. Cobra is a major roller coaster full stop.

Same with Miniwah at Freizeitpark Plohn as you've got a few worse powered coasters hanging around.

Can you let us know about some of the powered coasters you've found left behind? There shouldn't be any powered coasters on the list.

If we're calling out unnecessary family rides on the list, these two jumped out to me:

Green Scream - Adventure Island

Achterbahn - Bayern Park

We included Orange Streak, Jaguar and the like, so we wanted to include the majority of custom-designed Zierer Tivoli coasters.

Dragon from Legoland Malaysia is missing when German equivalent exists.

Dragon Legend at Romon-U.

Chimelong's Sky Rocket.

These have all been added. We won't be adding Legoland Florida's Dragon coaster since it's a Vekoma roller skater. Deutschland's and Malaysia's are a larger model made by Zierer.

You've got a Golden Horse spinner at China Dinosaur Park but not other parks such as Jin Jiang Action Park, Wanda Nanchang & Hefei.

All the mine train clones from Happy Valleys, Joyland etc. are included, but not the ones from from Oriental Heritage/Fantawild parks (Night Rescues /Mount Tanggulas). It may take you down a dark path to start including all of that model though...

That has been deleted. We don't intend on including Golden Horse models on the list unless they're relatively unique like the double tilting coaster. We are including Vekoma mine train clones though.

Wild Train 15s are slightly longer than Fantasiana's and pack just as much punch, but it's up to you.

Powered ones still on there:

Arctic Blast - Ocean Park

Draak - Plopsaland de Panne

Thought Monte Carlo Racetrack - Happy Valley Wuhan was Golden Horse rather than Vekoma, but even having ridden it I couldn't say for sure.

If you're after unique Golden Horse stuff, don't forget the spinner with the inversion: https://rcdb.com/15531.htm

Side note: since your latest fixes my ranking list is now error 500. Ridden list is fine.