TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR Coaster Poll" Thread!

I'm curious to hear from people who have tried using the system now that some of the major issues have been addressed.

- List of parks would be great to speed input.

- Can't find the Kemah Boardwalk Bullet anywhere.

- I like that the Hawker's poll's separated lists for wood and steel reduced the ordering decisions... of course today the lines are blurred more.

I will probably uncheck a number of the lesser coasters I've ridden just so I don't have to deal with ordering them... and I've only ridden about 150. Does anyone really care where the Seabreeze Jack Rabbit and the Waldameer Comet rank relative to each other?

Down the road including some Defunct classics would be great to see how they stand the test of time. For example my #1 will always be the Euclid Beach Flying Turns. But where Son of Beast or the Puritas Springs Cyclone poll would be interesting... assuming you have enough old codgers around here taking the poll.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious to hear from people who have tried using the system now that some of the major issues have been addressed.

I still can't get the drag and drop to work on Chrome. Seems like everyone else is having no trouble, maybe it's the version I'm using?

EDIT: Just tried on Safari, looks like drag and drop works and save works, but something went wrong when I was initially trying it and it duplicated one of the entries (Millennium Force is listed twice as #2 right now).

EDIT again: Is it possible to list two coasters as #1 (or any ranking position)? Or is that another glitch I am experiencing?

Edited by RAWKIN_coaster38

Pretty cool set-up and works on safari (both mobile and laptop)

Some missing parks/rides:

Coney Island (Luna Park) - Cyclone (a must add)

Everland - T Express (and Rolling X-Train I guess)

Indiana Beach - Lost Coaster, Cornball Express, Steel Hawg

Lakemont Park - Skyliner, Leap the Dips

Beech Bend Park - Kentucky Rumbler

There's others but these were notable to me.

*edit: just kidding the ranking system isn't saving on safari

Edited by p-sychiatrist

Sorry to post again, figured I could just post a picture of what is happening.

I started by trying to rank CP coasters, but when I threw in Legend, the rankings started not holding. Now there are three #2s (including duplicated MF) and no #11.

504890427_ScreenShot2018-01-13at1_44_45PM.thumb.png.6a98f1e02c992eb2f0def5f78da62670.png728848493_ScreenShot2018-01-13at1_45_00PM.thumb.png.e3ab597d9aa2d92008a747ff8a02488e.png

This is still on Safari, Chrome is not working for me. I can view it but not change the order.

Down the road including some Defunct classics would be great to see how they stand the test of time. For example my #1 will always be the Euclid Beach Flying Turns. But where Son of Beast or the Puritas Springs Cyclone poll would be interesting... assuming you have enough old codgers around here taking the poll.

Sorry, but we’ve already stated several times we aren’t including defunct coasters. IMO it makes no sense at all including rides that are closed and have zero relevance to a “best coasters” poll other than to be nostalgic and that isn’t what this poll is about.

EDIT again: Is it possible to list two coasters as #1 (or any ranking position)? Or is that another glitch I am experiencing?

This is by design. Either because you think two coasters are too close to compare, or because you have a large list of "pretty good" rides that you don't have strong opinions of. You can actually have an unlimited number of similarly ranked coasters. Although that makes it pointless.

I started by trying to rank CP coasters, but when I threw in Legend, the rankings started not holding. Now there are three #2s (including duplicated MF) and no #11.

This is still on Safari, Chrome is not working for me. I can view it but not change the order.

Ok. I'll take a look at fixing the duplicated coasters. As for the duplicates, you can type a number into the side, and change them to whatever you'd like. It'll save and drag around like normal.

I have a couple of suggestions that I don't think have been mentioned yet.

1. Can you list the coasters by Park, rather than alphabetically by name? It would speed up the process by being able to skip the parks you haven't been to.

2. I've only ranked 5 coasters so far because they're kind of listed randomly and it takes awhile to drag everything around. Would it be possible to have a column on one side with all of your un-ranked coasters, and then a column on the other side with them listed by rank. Then you can drag your un-ranked side to side rather than up and down.

3. What about keeping wood & steel separate? I always liked that about Mitch's polls in which he'd have "your fav steel any park anywhere" on the wood list, and "your favorite wood any park anywhere" on the steel list to compare between the two.

Also, and this is just a little fun item - all photos featured on our coaster poll are photos from TPR Forum trip reports and park index submissions!

1. Can you list the coasters by Park, rather than alphabetically by name? It would speed up the process by being able to skip the parks you haven't been to.

When revisiting the site today, this does make it much more difficult to find the coasters I have ridden. Maybe consider an option to sort by park or alphabetically as you are selecting your ridden coasters

Edited by larrygator

For the people who say saving isn't working, what icon is on the left of the coaster name? It should be an up/down arrow. There'll also be a number box to the left, with it's actual position. Those should be saving. If you're dragging around coasters with a single up arrow, it doesn't actually have a ranking yet to save. It needs to be moved up above this line to work. 486141609_Coasterpolldragline.png.2fdfb9deded7f2856402b75b3a75fb2f.png I now realize that's difficult since you can't drag and scroll up easily (and I'm working on that). I'll come up with a better solution (hopefully...) soon.

And something for the giant slightly unhelpful list of coasters.

For the people who say saving isn't working, what icon is on the left of the coaster name? It should be an up/down arrow. There'll also be a number box to the left, with it's actual position. Those should be saving. If you're dragging around coasters with a single up arrow, it doesn't actually have a ranking yet to save. It needs to be moved up above this line to work. [attachment=0]Coasterpoll drag line.png[/attachment] I now realize that's difficult since you can't drag and scroll up easily (and I'm working on that). I'll come up with a better solution (hopefully...) soon.

And something for the giant slightly unhelpful list of coasters.

Ok, that makes more sense.

I'm on Firefox

I have the single arrow

No number to the right

Doesn't save after I move coasters

I see the same as Larry although I am using Chrome instead of Firefox (using Windows 10).

Would love to have the "move up and down arrow" feature versus using just the up arrow, but I know you guys will get it all worked out. I'll hold off and try again later.

Great job - love the site and idea of this!

Ok. Until I find a way to make it easier, this might make it clearer.

DarlingImportantHarpseal-size_restricted.gif

I don't have any of that on Mac Safari or a pc on Chrome and Firefox.

I do have the up arrow and that is it.

Sarafi and Firefox allow me to move the coasters, but do not change to the up/down arrow. Also no number on the right.

Chrome allows me to drag the name but will not place it in a new position.

Could some of these issues be because of personal computer settings/cookies? Not very tech savvy so I'm not sure if that makes sense.

Ok. I made some changes to try and be a little more clear about what it’s expecting you to do. When you click “Ridden”, it knows you’ve ridden it, but it doesn’t have a ranking for it yet (because that’s a separate table to make it easier to generate the results. So instead of just sticking in some random value for the rank, it goes down below. When you know how you want to rank it, you can drag it up out of the grey box and we’ll give it a rank based on where you put it, and move everything else out of the way.

We've also added more new parks:

Adventure City, Bakken, Belmont, Castles n' Coasters, Conneaut Lake Park, Gilroy Gardens, Lakeside Amusement Park, OWA, Pacific Park, Tivoli Gardens, Waldameer, and Waterville USA.

Edited by A.J.

I was finally able to move the coasters up out of the grey box. But it was difficult to execute out as it seems there was only a very narrow unlabeled amount of space to "drop" the dragged item.

However, when in the ranking area, when I try to move a coaster towards the top, I can't scroll all the way to the top of the list. When I drag a coaster to the top of the screen the number ranking automatically changes to 1.

I like the poll. You've definitely worked hard on it and it's a good start. I like that not all the coasters are listed, just the ones that have the potential to be well liked by a lot of people. I like that some family coasters like Little Dipper at Six Flags Great America and Powder Keg at Silver Dollar City are listed, since those are good coasters. Probably not anyone's #1, but certainly appreciated by a number of people.

Selecting coasters I've ridden is easy, but ranking takes a lot of time, since I have to drag to the top of the screen, then scroll up, then drag from the bottom to the top again, etc. I've been doing this with Chrome on Android.

Oh and minor spelling correction. Six Flags Great Adventure's Dark Knight is spelled Dark Night in the poll.

Sorry, but we’ve already stated several times we aren’t including defunct coasters. IMO it makes no sense at all including rides that are closed and have zero relevance to a “best coasters” poll other than to be nostalgic and that isn’t what this poll is about.

Just a heads up - Knott's Boomerang was listed, and it's been closed since last April.

On Android (Chrome and Firefox) I can't drag coasters out of the grey box. If I try to get them up, they move above the instruction text, but within the grey box. If I try to move them out to the side, they don't move. Dragging down moved their vertical position, but they stay in the grey box.