TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Need help locating a strange transfer track

Hey guys,

I was chatting with some friends tonight, and I recalled seeing a transfer track that moved vertically, in the station. Two tracks, stacked vertically, and the transfer mechanism moved vertically so one train could be stored under the station. I cannot for the life of me remember what coaster this is on!

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, I'd appreciate any help tracking it down.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lightning Rod keeps the second train below the station. You board on the third level, but the train is stored on the second level. The transfer occurs right outside the station with vertical track like you described and then the train rolls in or out of the station.

and
both use a system like you described as well. I linked two videos showing the transfer track in progress.

YES! Both of those examples are what I was talking about! Thank you SO much. If anyone else knows of any strange/unique transfer tracks, please post them. I love seeing this kind of stuff!

After so many times of seeing a sideway transfer track in operation, this is so cool to

find out about! I don't think any of the overseas coasters I had been on with TPR,

ever exposed such a transfer track when I was riding them, at that time(s). Or I saw it

and totally forgot about it, which could of happened, too. A silly forgetful bear I can be.

Darnit. Would have loved to have seen one of them "in action," heh.

Flashback at SFMM had a vertical transfer track.

Ahh, yes, of course! It's one of things things where, while the vertical transfer track isn't super common, it's common enough where I don't think I've never made note of rides that have them because I didn't think anyone would ever be looking for a list!

Flashback at SFMM had a vertical transfer track.

Ahh, yes, of course! It's one of things things where, while the vertical transfer track isn't super common, it's common enough where I don't think I've never made note of rides that have them because I didn't think anyone would ever be looking for a list!

Exactly! The only reason I even remember Flashback had one was that it was the very first coaster I was ever trained on. Otherwise it would have slipped my mind completely.