TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Germany 2018? Parks to visit?

Hello all, considering going to Germany for a couple weeks in October next year. It would mostly be a 'culture' type trip but I'd for sure like to check out a couple parks. What parks are worth seeing? How to get to them? Worth buying one of the 'passes' and seeing 3? Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was just there for an Oktoberfest trip so I can give some thoughts.

Oktoberfest is actually more in September, but if by some chance it's still running while you are out there, that should be near the top of your list. The ride selection is awesome, but it's also the general atmosphere of the place is magical.

For parks, the best two that I visited (by far) in Germany were Europa and Phantasialand. Those two parks have incredible theming mixed with some good thrill rides. We had a short visit at Holiday Park, but Expedition GeForce alone is worth the visit in my opinion.

I didn't make it to Hansa, but I have heard good things about that park. Heide Park could be worth visiting if Colossos runs again, but I haven't heard good things on their operations as of late.

Hello all, considering going to Germany for a couple weeks in October next year. It would mostly be a 'culture' type trip but I'd for sure like to check out a couple parks. What parks are worth seeing? How to get to them? Worth buying one of the 'passes' and seeing 3? Thanks!

Well first of all where in Germany are you going? Heide and Hansa are in relatively short distance if you're in the Hamburg area but if we're talking Munich for Oktoberfest then the closest ones would be Skyline, Legoland and Bayern Park.

Like others have said, Germany is a large country. Not compared to the US or anything, but if you give us an idea of where you'll be doing 'cultural' stuff we could certainly steer you in the right direction.

The one MUST DO park in Germany is Europa where you should plan to spend at least two nights.

Where specifically are you planning to go, and how far of a side trip would you be willing to do to visit a given park?

I'll still throw my word that Europa Park and Phantasialand are well worth checking out, but there's lots of good smaller parks we'd be able to point you to if you have a region narrowed down.

Another vote for Europa and Phantasialand. Europa is at least a two day park, if not more. If you can only do a day there I'd say you'd miss all the little details that make it so amazing. Phantasialand you could probably rush in a day but it's starting to become a two-day park for me now. Heide Park I would only recommend if Colossus is open. Other than that it's quite generic.

This is in the very rough just Germany as a country phase planning right now so no region is set. I was more looking at what parks are worth visiting to see what regional stuff is around there. I was primarily looking at Europa, Phantasiland and perhaps Holiday Park for GEforce. Those all seem to be quite far from Berlin and Munich which seem to be the biggest cultural hotspots.

Thank you for the days needed at suggestions. As well, how do you get to Europa park? It doesn't seem to be near anything.

Thanks again all!

^You are correct on that. Most of the big parks are in the west of the country, far from Berlin and Munich on the east side.

However, there is plenty of culture to be found in the west of the country. From Europa Park you can visit Freiburg or Strasbourg (France). These are both beautiful cities. Strasbourg is the better of the two, but not as convienent to get to due to having to cross a boarder. Holiday Park is near Heidelberg, a city with one of the most famous castles in Europe. Then you have Cologne and Bonn near Phantasialand. Cologne is more modern looking than the other cities I listed. (It was leveled during WWII). If you want to add Berlin and Munich to the trip, you will need at least half a day of travel. At that point, you are looking at an entire trip in and of itself. (Which was how my European backpacking trip turned into three weeks in Germany only).

This is just me, but for Europa Park, I would spend two full days there, with three nights' stay at your lodging of choice, on site.

And if you arrive mid-afternoon, you could probably add an late afternoon-evening visit to Europa, as well.

Phantasialand is definitely turning into a two day park. No doubt about that. And Holiday Park you could do in a day, easy.

This is including having some relaxation as well as the parks, the coasters.... and the driving. Enjoy where you're

staying, too. Hotel time is always valid, and needed when most people don't think they do need it.

My five cents. Have a great trip, however you plan it.

H_11FirstDrop_GeForce_HolidayPark.jpg.3aaa797e0c97d712796e45c17d4bc1f9.jpg

To tempt you more - First drop on Expedition GeForce, Holiday Park.

TPR 2008 Europe Tour.