TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Amazing Race Thread!

OK, I'll keep it spoiler free for our west coast viewers, but the two hour premiere of the new season of Amazing Race was on tonight, and it was damn entertaining. There are some really amusing teams in the race this time, and the show is up to its usual standard of comedy. I don't like most reality shows but this one amuses me to no end.

Who else is watching?

dt

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It started out really well...but it's kind of dragging now. I really like it better when they're down to fewer teams. At least none of the teams seem as obnoxious as last season. Although some of them seem REALLY stupid.

Anyone else notice the casting for next season is for 'families' of 4!?!? I'm so mad that they're filming in June/July...stupid already having plane tickets and plans! I bet that we could get chosen with my parents!

Oh well, kiddies, here's your chance! You have to be 8 years old, but they're looking for teams of 4 in any kind of family situation!

Elissa "damn, that's going to be a really annoying season to watch!" Alvey

I LOVE Amazing Race!

The first episode was great. Quite amusing. I found myself disliking Rob and Amber on Survivor, but I like them here. Heh.

The team that got eliminated, I couldn't wait for them to, so its convient that it was first!

I think the family season would be fun. Watching families fall apart over money. I LOVE IT. Genius. Lets see, we'll get my mom, dad, sister, and myself. Right. My mom will barely make the 30 minute trek to PKD on 95, let alone drive in a foreign country!

No, it was the hillbillies! And I'm so disappointed, because they seemed like they were going to be funny.

I hate Rob & Amber. They should never have been allowed to be on. Isn't there a rule that you can't enter contests after winning?

Rob and Amber need to go away next week. They are way too smug and seem like they don't really care about playing the game. If it hadn't been for finding that one guy in Peru to help them out, I think they would have been eliminated. Here's hoping no one else in the world recognizes them and helps them out, they've gotten enought of a free ride as it is!

You know, I am a HUGE Survivor fan, and hadn't gotten into AR, even though I had heard it was as entertaining as Survivor. Well, because of Rob and Amber, and the fact that the mother/son team is from here in the Greater Cincy area (Hamilton, Ohio) I decided to watch. I LOVE it, and so did my six year old. I can see I am going to have another "must see" show to watch!

Shari "The gay guys are hillarious" Shoufler

PS We have met Rob and Amber and they are actually quite nice!

The only thing about this show is that here in the land down under, we are still on last season. I have a hard enough time not getting onto the net just to see what is going to happen next week as they left us hanging with Bolo and his wife stuck at a train station in last place.

Some-one please tell me that Johnathon gets put in his place for the way he treats his wife. If I was in the race and saw the way that he treated her, I think I would have to step in and say my peace, in my own way of course.

I will have to keep an eye out to see if the show ever has an international series so that people from other countries can go. I would make sure to enter that one as it would be one hell of a ride.

Enjoy all.

He's now claiming it was more or less an act, and he was encouraged by the producers to be like that. Jonathan and Victoria went on "The Dr. Phil Show" for cunseling afterward.

He was such an ass, but apparently it was pretty much an act since I've heard them interviewed on the radio and they're pretty normal.

Loved "the Happy Boys" (as the hillbillies kept calling the gay boys). They are going to be a trip this whole season. Big contrast to Chip and Reichen...

I love the amazing race...I watched the first 2 then stopped and started up when Chip and Richen(spelling)won..(thank god they won because they really put the gay sterotype to rest) and have been watching ever since.

This on is pretty good but I don't see why everyone got made at Rob last week...HELLO... it's 1 million dollars, those people didn't go on to make friends...

I actually know Kelly. We grew up together although I'm several years older than her. She's a really sweet girl in person, but she's a much different person after she won Miss South Carolina. I don't know this guy she's on the show with now. When we were in my friend Drew's wedding, she was dating a different guy.

Actually there's a picture of the two of us from that wedding (she was the bridesmaid I was paired up with).

Found it. My dad took the picture and he's not too keen with his digital camera as I'm barely in the shot at all, so it's not a great picture, but here ya go :

1866318234_BrianandKelly.jpg.6fe32035082a9aae0cf29c9b83bf8559.jpg

^ Wow, you're so famous...can I please have your autograph??

Shari, I totally agree with you, I find that couple so annoying! She doesn't seem to be contributing much and the way he works no wonder he was taken so easily as a POW!!!

Elissa "my prediction is that the mother/son will lose pretty soon" Alvey

For me the problem with the show is that I always want the people who play the best to win, and I have yet to really see that happen! People always seem to 'get lucky' and that's what pisses me off! If you're smart enough to get like an 8 hour lead and because one of the challenges takes place only from 8am - 4pm...ugh, that really just gets to me!

Elissa "I predict that the old people will lose soon too!" Alvey