TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What are the top TWO Social Media Platforms you use the most

What TWO social media platforms do you use the most?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. What TWO social media platforms do you use the most?

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • Snapchat
    • Tumblr

Oh yeah, for those of you who use Snapchat...

[attachment=0]tpr snapchat.png[/attachment]

Facebook and Snapchat were my votes. I love me some Snapchat and honestly think some of the most creative "things" people are doing in social media right now seem to be on Snapchat.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facebook and Instagram for the big winners for me. I'm much more into Facebook than I am Instagram but Instagram is really the only other social media platform I'm active on at all.

While I'm not active, I do use the Twitter Search feature a lot as it's actually a pretty good source of up-to-the-second information on specific things but I don't even know if I have an account and if so I never log into it. For what it's worth, I do occasionally scroll through the TPR feed since it's embedded on the home page, especially when I see a screenshot from the Facebook or Youtube comment section and a subsequent rant about stupid people leaving stupid comments (like this). I eat that sh*t up. It's hilarious.

Voted FB and Instagram. On both all the time. My third choice would be Twitter but I don't read that as much and when I use it tends to be to hate-tweet angry things at companies/public figures etc. I don't even follow that many people but when I go on Twitter it feels like the feed is just filled with crap. I do use Snapchat but only follow/share with close friends. I do have a Tumblr I used to use regularly but probably haven't been on there in a year.

I use Facebook and LinkedIn. Facebook for personal, LinkedIn for professional. That's it, I personally see no need to use any other platforms. While I certainly do post photos of stuff (recently, myself posing with Oswald and a photo at the end of World of Color), I generally take photos for documentation purposes. For that reason I have had little use for Instagram. Tumblr, as wonderful of a platform for sharing creative endeavors as it is, is just full of loonies (in my opinion). Most of my other activity is liking / reacting / commenting to Facebook updates that other people post.

1) Facebook 2) Twitter 3) Insta 4) Snapchat which is the current rankings.

I see some great TPR content on Facebook and Twitter! Idk if it's just my Insta, but I don't see a lot of TPR on Insta.

I'm new to Insta as of this year so I'm still getting the hang of it (and trying to remember to use it).

Twitter I've been using a lot more this year than ever before. I like reading what the public figures and celebrities I follow have to say, and I love interacting more directly with them, so I've started to use Twitter more. I don't really have many followers on Twitter compared to the other platforms, so I do not use Twitter to really interact with my real-life friends and family.

Facebook I've always used a lot to connect with people I know IRL but I feel it's gotten less interesting to me in the last year.

Also, one of my problems with using Snapchat more is that a lot of times when I'm surfing the socials, I'm somewhere quiet and can't play the snaps with volume, so what's the point?

1) Facebook 2) Twitter 3) Insta 4) Snapchat which is the current rankings.

I see some great TPR content on Facebook and Twitter! Idk if it's just my Insta, but I don't see a lot of TPR on Insta.

I'm new to Insta as of this year so I'm still getting the hang of it (and trying to remember to use it).

Twitter I've been using a lot more this year than ever before. I like reading what the public figures and celebrities I follow have to say, and I love interacting more directly with them, so I've started to use Twitter more. I don't really have many followers on Twitter compared to the other platforms, so I do not use Twitter to really interact with my real-life friends and family.

Facebook I've always used a lot to connect with people I know IRL but I feel it's gotten less interesting to me in the last year.

Also, one of my problems with using Snapchat more is that a lot of times when I'm surfing the socials, I'm somewhere quiet and can't play the snaps with volume, so what's the point?

Headphones? I use that all the time.

The Poll:

1. Facebook ,the best

2. Instagram

I voted for Facebook and Snapchat, although Snapchat and Instagram are pretty tied for second place for me. I like posting pictures on Instagram, but for stories I prefer Snapchat over Instagram's inferior knockoff version. I occasionally go on Twitter but not very often and I rarely post. I think I'm more into seeing pictures than people's random thoughts and musings.

Quoting this since some people STILL don't seem to understand how "voting" works... smh

Guys, this isn't rocket science. In order for your votes to be counted in the poll you must

VOTE IN THE POLL ABOVE!

I mean, I know the world is getting dumber, and some of you voted for Trump, but let's just pretend for a second the world ISN'T dumb and if you were dumb enough to vote for Trump then you must be at least smart enough to know how to vote.

Can we manage to do that please?

Thank you.

I love me some Snapchat and honestly think some of the most creative "things" people are doing in social media right now seem to be on Snapchat.

I just wish it lasted longer than 24 hours. Really, that's my biggest and probably only complaint about Snapchat and if you could create a "story" that would expire in a few days or maybe even a week, I'd use it more often. I can't tell you how many times I've just missed someone's updates because I hadn't logged into Snapchat in like 28 hours.

And for a content creator, it's sort of a lot of work to do to have it all disappear in such a short amount of time.

Even if stories could last 48 or 72 hours that would be HUGE improvement for me.

316653313_tprsnapchat.png.61eb26d0d769fb39b32bf6b9c23a9d90.png

Yeah, it would be nice if it showed up like that on my Tapatalk Pro, but it doesn't.

Huh. Weird. That's the latest update I'm using as well.

I have a site with VBulletin I run and use Tapatalk Pro on it, too. Even locked out of my own Polls with it. There's a workaround, of course, to use the phone to use the web browser, but it often defaults back to Tapatalk, depending on the browser. Frustrating.

I am online in front of a computer and have voted (finally!).

^I've never seen any point to Snapchat.

The only reason I started to use it is because my sister sends me funny little snaps of my 4 yr old nephew. He loves the filters, and its hilarious to see him use them. Or she'll just send me dumb little videos of his antics. My other half will send me random "hellos" with filters on her face, etc. But mostly I just use it to get funny updates on my nephew.

I only use Facebook and have a grand total of 25 friends, which are close family members and people I talk to on a regular basis. I dump anyone who spams political posts or social issues, even the ones I agree with. I am not friends with anyone I work with, because I don't want to have any public ties to my profession. I don't use my full name and everything is set to private.

Why use it, then? I like to follow the few people I actually give two shits about, outside of my work family who I have contact with on a daily basis. I also like to follow roller coaster and car groups. Emily and I also enjoy uploading our pictures and looking back at memories of things we did or trips we took in the past years.

Used in this manner, Facebook is actually enjoyable for me to look at a couple times a day. Usually on the crapper or when I have down time.

I only use Facebook and have a grand total of 25 friends, which are close family members and people I talk to on a regular basis. I dump anyone who spams political posts or social issues, even the ones I agree with. I am not friends with anyone I work with, because I don't want to have any public ties to my profession. I don't use my full name and everything is set to private.

Why use it, then? I like to follow the few people I actually give two shits about, outside of my work family who I have contact with on a daily basis. I also like to follow roller coaster and car groups. Emily and I also enjoy uploading our pictures and looking back at memories of things we did or trips we took in the past years.

Used in this manner, Facebook is actually enjoyable for me to look at a couple times a day. Usually on the crapper or when I have down time.

I actually use Facebook in a very VERY similar way. I have a few stipulations before I would even think about accepting someone as a Facebook friend:

- I have to know them personally

- I have to have known them personally for a decent length of time

- I do not add anyone who is crazy about religion, politics, or who is just plain crazy

- I will instantly remove someone who ends up posting crazy shit that makes my brain hurt

- Everything I have is on lock down

- I don't even post personal updates that often anymore

Honestly while I know that Facebook is the #1 platform, as a social media platform, especially on the business side of things, I have not been very happy with it. The fact that they keep changing their algorithm, not giving anyone any sort of an idea as to why or what they changed, and the lack of overall support from them when you're spending a shitton of money with them, really frustrates me.

That and the fact that I'm sure our content alone has generated MILLIONS in revenue for Facebook and we have not seen a penny. The only thing Facebook really has going for it at the moment is their live stream does quite well for us and I like that live streaming platform better than any of the others.

So yeah, Twitter is actually my personal favorite of all the social media platforms.

If I ever adopt Facebook, this is exactly what I would do. You're doing it right, IMHO.

Edit--my wife has Facebook, only recently (the last couple of years). I tried to tell her not to include people that just asked--now she can't scroll through the site to see what family members and close friends are doing for the garbage political stuff (agree with some, disagree with others) posted, and other stuff (somebody posts every "food recipe" video they see; another posts cute animal videos; another posts the humane society posts and pics of rescue animals, etc.

It's a huge time-suck; she doesn't enjoy going through all of that, and it includes people that "asked" to be "friended" that she otherwise would have no relationship with, and not care.

That's doing it wrong.

Edited by Bhamguy