TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which of your home park rides do you NOT ride?

As I live in San Francisco right now, I'm going to say Psycho Mouse at California's Great America. It's only because the ride itself has such a large queue, and I never found it to be a quality ride to wait for. As for Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, I cannot stand Kong, and therefore I never ride it. Also I've never ridden V2. It's always been down everytime I've gone.

Now when I lived back in Maryland. . . I would always skip Hurler at Kings Dominion. I'd also skip Ricochet. I try not to skip Avalanche, but sometimes the queue makes me skip it more times then I'd like to, but I do not ride Hurler. At Hershey Park, I don't ride Sidewinder or their Wild Mouse coaster. I don't ride Tidal Force either because I would prefer not to be sopping wet.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, there aren't really any rides on the dry side of things that I explicitly won't ride. I always say I'm never riding Green Lantern again and yet somehow I end up on it on a yearly basis.

For the most part, I'll skip shoot-the-chutes style rides because most of the time I just don't want to get soaked from head to toe. Same thing goes with river rapids style rides. But you can catch me on both of them every now and again, especially in the late summer when it's disgustingly hot.

That being said, I usually steer clear of the waterpark side of things. I literally haven't been to a standalone waterpark or set foot in an included waterpark since I was in high school and ended up at Wildwater Kingdom. Just isn't my thing, nothing against them, but if I really wanna get other people's pee all over me... you know what, better not finish that sentence.

I have ridden every major ride at Great Adventure but these are the ones I haven't ridden in about 10 years

Log Flume and Congo Rapids - I hate walking around in wet clothes

Parachute Jump - just doesn't interest me

Twister - poor cycle

Fender Bender - not interested

My homepark is SFNE and I refuse to ride Goliath. Apart from the one ride I usually take on it at the beginning of the year, just to see if SFNE has found a way to make it not suck, I don't ride it at all the rest of the year. Launch that POS into the sun if I'm honest.

Even though my new home park is technically Lagoon, Knott's will always hold that special place in my heart since I grew up with it. I hardly ever rode Pony Express. I kinda just forget it even exists, because the line is always crazy long, and the ride is super short.

I also never really rode Boomerang either, but now I never have to again!

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Loch Ness Monster--I hate to say it, because most of the ride is surprisingly smooth, and that enclosed helix is awesome, but Arrow looper trains are some of the worst things ever invented by man, and there is some pretty bad jackhammering at the bottom of the loops.

Carowinds

Vortex--Not riding a standup should be self-explanatory.

Carolina Cyclone--See above comment about Arrow looper trains.

Hurler--I might be willing to give this ride a shot, just because there are so few good coasters at Carowinds, and sometimes I want to mix things up between rides on Afterburn and Fury, but generally I'm perfectly happy never riding this again until it becomes Twisted Timbers' twisted twin.

Nighthawk--Being a rattly torture machine is only the third worst thing about this coaster, after the absurdly long wait times and the ten minutes you have to wait on the brake run with the sun burning into your eyes as you wait for the next train to load.

Kings Dominion

Anaconda--Actually probably the least painful Arrow looper I've been on, but still not fun.

Rebel Yell--Boring layout, rattly ride.

Ricochet--Those brakes bite hard. Takes away any of the fun of the hairpins and turns it into Gut Punch: The Ride.

Plus any twirl-and-hurl flat rides and kiddie coasters. I'd be willing to give the Arrows a try (especially Nessie) if they get new Vekoma trains with vest restraints. Nighthawk, on the other hand, cannot be scrapped soon enough.

Although I live in Orlando, I'll probably always consider SFoG my home park (plus, there's not anything I can really think of that I won't ride at Disney.)

At SFoG I'll skip Thunder River and Splashwater Falls.

Thunder River is an amazing rapids ride, but once they installed the water cannons I just stopped enjoying it. I always liked the fact that you had a "chance" of getting soaked, but with the addition of the cannons, if there are people up there - you WILL get soaked. Too Soaked.

Splashwater Falls - when I was a kid I loved getting just head-to-toe soaked, but now...not so much. Wallet, keys, phone...too many things to have to dry out that could be ruined, plus wet shoes in a theme park are a little slice of hell on earth to me.

My home park is SFDK. I typically avoid Kong (Vekoma SLC), for obvious reasons. Every couple of years or give it a whirl. I mean, it does look nice, and I seem to forget how awful it is. I usually remember and fill with regret about halfway down the first drop. That ride is awful! I also avoid Boomerang (our Vekoma...well...boomerang). I rode it once on my first visit to the park in 2006. I have no desire to ride it again.

And I try to convince you to ride Kong, and occasionally you do and admit, "That wasn't so bad."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

I forgot to mention that I don't ride any of the water rides, as I only go during the winter (when the crowds are nonexistent) as they are all closed. Even in the summer, I don't bother. I don't like soggy shoes and socks. I also avoid spinning rides, as I don't enjoy nausea and vomiting.

Home park is SFGAm. There are a few rides I pass on- for many years it was S: UF because of the mind-numbingly uninspired layout. I give it a spin from time to time nowadays. If anything, the first drop and pretzel are fun moments.

King Chaos - Not one I'll have to worry about anymore as of this past Sunday. Just not a fan of the jerky/whiplash effects that Top Spins deliver. If a Super Loop Coaster takes it's place, I guess I'll have something to check out.

Joker - Rode it a few times just to see what it was all about when it first opened, and have no intention of doing it again. It feels like King Chaos on wheels. Couldn't have been more underwhelmed. Not thrilled to see these sprouting up everywhere like mushrooms on shite, but I'll also just avoid them if encountered. It's funny- I'd wait an hour for Chang Lantern if I had to, but wouldn't even look twice at Joker with a nonexistent wait.

Batman The Dark Knight Coaster - Not a mouse coaster person. Same went for Ragin' Cajun back when the park simultaneously operated two mouse coasters.

SFMM..I honestly hardly ride much there. If I go with someone I don't normally go with, I'll ride whatever they want. But I rarely ride, X2, won't ever ride Green Lantern, I do love Tatsu, but I can't stand flyer restraints, so it's low on the list.

Mainly, I just ride TC, Drop of Doom, Yolo, and before it was rough, Apocalypse. A great day for me is to get lunch, ride TC as much as possible, get dinner, and go home.

The Enterprise. I got such a massive headache from it, years ago, I vowed never to ride it again.

And - I haven't. No matter they are, in all the parks around the world. Any version of it. Nope.

IMG_0830.JPG.e9e387d89e0ea25256d92cb2ef9e1a91.JPG

Ours, at Playland.

At GAdv, I usually avoid GL/Superman. I have always disliked the Boardwalk section of the park. It's unshaded, rather ugly and an annoying dead-end midway off the relatively straight shot path from Nitro to Bizarro. I do enjoy Superman, but its lines are usually too long to justify the wait. GL is decent enough but is not worth any kind of wait. All of these thing combined are why I never step foot in the Boardwalk area beyond the Golden Kingdom entrance.

Busch Gardens Tampa:

Congo River Rapids- I just don't like getting drenched and then walk around...dryers available or not. I may eventually ride it, but I hadn't in the 10 years I've been going so it may never happen...lol

Phoenix- I actually don't mind going upside down, and used to ride Frenzoid @ Carowinds when I was in my late teens/early 20s. I hadn't ridden Phoenix yet and likely won't as I don't like the pressure these type rides put on my chest being held upside down.

Ubanga Banga Bumper Cars- I don't want the headache.

Rides in Sesame Street, Jungala, Gwazi Gliders and small kiddie rides in Pantopia- I'm a bit too old/big for most. I will ride Air Grover if I have my niece or nephews with me when I go (even though I rode it alone when it first opened for the credit...lol).

SeaWorld Orlando:

Rides in Shamu's Happy Harbor- Same reason as Sesame Street @ BGT above. I will ride Shamu's Express if I have my niece or nephews with me (and as above I rode it alone the first time for the credit back in 2010...lol)

Nighthawk--Being a rattly torture machine is only the third worst thing about this coaster, after the absurdly long wait times and the ten minutes you have to wait on the brake run with the sun burning into your eyes as you wait for the next train to load.

Lol, your description made me chuckle from first-hand experience. Good ol' StealthBorgHawk. A few years ago I'd think, "better head to it first thing before the line builds," and now I just skip it as you do & think of it as a photogenic centerpiece for the park.

I will never again ride Cliffhanger, it is horrible IMO. Samurai is also not good IMO, may never ride it again either. Guess I just don't like Mondial stuff. Air race breaks so often I've only managed to get on it once, and I'm not sure if I'll ever have enough patience to get on it again.

I'll ride anything else if we're ignoring the upcharge rides.

100th post, yay!

I will never again ride Cliffhanger, it is horrible IMO. Samurai is also not good IMO, may never ride it again either. Guess I just don't like Mondial stuff. Air race breaks so often I've only managed to get on it once, and I'm not sure if I'll ever have enough patience to get on it again.

I'll ride anything else if we're ignoring the upcharge rides.

100th post, yay!

Interesting you've had bad luck with Air Race. It has operated perfectly based on my visits. I'll be back this weekend.

Cliffhanger looks like a ton of fun (I love top spins), but I just don't wanna get wet so I avoid it. Samurai is awesome, but apparently it hasn't been operating all season.

I'd love to see Lagoon get a star flyer. That would top off their flat collection, IMO.

Out of all the parks I've been to, there's only one ride I've ridden that I wouldn't ride it again, and that was Hurler at Kings Dominion. RMC couldn't have come any quicker. Neither of the Hurler coasters are really good at all, but at least you are given the opportunity to get off the one at Carowinds while still having the ability to walk.

Interesting you've had bad luck with Air Race. It has operated perfectly based on my visits. I'll be back this weekend.

Cliffhanger looks like a ton of fun (I love top spins), but I just don't wanna get wet so I avoid it. Samurai is awesome, but apparently it hasn't been operating all season.

I'd love to see Lagoon get a star flyer. That would top off their flat collection, IMO.

I think Air Race just breaks in my presence or something. I liked the ride fine, but I'm so used to waiting in that line for nothing that it just doesn't cross my mind to even try anymore. The water is a big part of the issue with Cliffhanger, but I guess there's also just something I don't like about that kind of spinning motion (which is similar to Samurai). I think a Giant Frisbee would be the ultimate flat ride for Lagoon. I have to admit the Star Flyer freaks me out. I had a chance to ride one on a day with no lines for any ride and I didn't even consider it, it was just too easy to go on the other things I wanted to try.

I had a season pass in 2015 and went a lot, but I've only been once this year. Next year I'm getting another season pass. I'm pretty stoked about Dracula's Castle re-imagined 2018 which I'm 90% sure is a real thing.

SFMM..I honestly hardly ride much there.

Similar, really. Green Lantern is the obvious one I skip because it's utter garbage, but I usually skip all the B&Ms as well unless I'm there with people who have never visited before. I also skip Revolution when the VR is working but will ride the crap out of it when VR is down. Did Justice League for the first time recently and probably wouldn't ride that again by choice as it's not my thing.

SFMM..I honestly hardly ride much there.

Similar, really. Green Lantern is the obvious one I skip because it's utter garbage, but I usually skip all the B&Ms as well unless I'm there with people who have never visited before. I also skip Revolution when the VR is working but will ride the crap out of it when VR is down. Did Justice League for the first time recently and probably wouldn't ride that again by choice as it's not my thing.

that reminds me, i do ride scream. i've only had one real bad rattly ride lately. but, if that continues, then i won't much anymore. if it's a ghost town day, i'll ride batman. but still, it's pretty much TC. i would ride Revolution if there's no line. but that VR screwed that all up. actually, when i think about it, i only rode it for that pass holder preview thing. we got so many rides because it kept screwing up. 3 times for me, and one for my friend. i think we got like 5 rides straight.