TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Oak's Amusement Park New Coaster for 2018

Hope the weather is nice for opening day! If it is I might go to this, but I won't be buying the $100 ticket.

------

http://oakspark.com/new-ride-2018.html

Meet the New Coaster

Oaks Amusement Park is thrilled to bring a new extreme in roller coaster excitement to our neighbors this season! The Adrenaline Peak Roller Coaster will open on our midway March 24, 2018! This new attraction will be unlike anything Portland has experienced before and features thrill-filled drops, loops, twists, and turns, sure to dazzle the true roller coaster fan! The Adrenaline Peak Roller Coaster features:

72' Vertical Lift

Past-vertical Initial Drop

97° Loop

Immelman Turn

Heartline Roll

45 MPH Speed

1,050' Track

48" Minimum Height

Unlimited rides on the Adrenaline Peak Roller Coaster are included with our Premier Ride Bracelet, or individual roller coaster ride tickets are $9.50 each.

Pre-Launch Party

It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for the genuine thrill-seeker or coaster enthusiast! If you're as excited for the new roller coaster as we are, this special event is for you. Join us for the Adrenaline Peak Roller Coaster pre-launch party and be a part of Portland history by trying this new extreme ride experience before it opens to the public.

MARCH 24, 2018

10:00am - NOON

$100.00 PER PERSON

Limited to the first 100 people on a first come, first served basis. Non-refundable advance online ticket purchase required. Tickets go on sale Monday, February 19, 2018; check back for more info soon!

Pre-launch party ticket includes:

A once in a lifetime experience, you'll have access to two hours of unlimited rides on the new Adrenaline Peak Roller Coaster before it opens to the public. Pre-launch access takes place from 10:00am - noon on Saturday, March 24, 2018; arrive early to make the most of your experience!

Capture the moment! Enjoy a complimentary digital photo of a moment you'll never forget. Photos will be sent by email to guests in a shared gallery following the event.

Stay and play! Event ticket also includes a Premier Ride Bracelet to enjoy the entire park during public hours the day of the event. Valid for unlimited rides on all of Oaks Park's rides from noon - 5:00pm on March 24, 2018. Bracelet also includes unlimited go cart rides and one Open Skate Session admission with conventional skates.

Tasty treats! Fun takes fuel - take a break to enjoy a delicious lunch from our concession stand! Valid for choice of one hot dog, corn dog, hamburger, or cheeseburger combo meal. Meal includes curly fries and a fountain drink.

http://oakspark.com/prices.html

PREMIER BRACELET - $39.25

Includes unlimited rides, including unlimited rides on the Adrenaline Peak Roller Coaster, unlimited go cart rides, and one roller skating session with conventional skates. Games and miniature golf sold separately.

adrenaline-peak.jpg.9162fad5fc294205f1eeda4e693ef59e.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am one hundred percent in for the event. That's a killer opportunity, and it beats waiting for who-knows-how-long for who-knows-how-few rides on opening day (yes, I've been tempted all along to go on opening day, because why the heck not?).

Interesting, and totally understandable, price changes. Much more in line with most amusement parks now--I hope they don't get too many complaints (they will). Looks like I'll have to spring for the premier wristband every time as long as it's a "serious" visit for me--then again, last time I was there, I just rode the carousel.

It's been so very long, since I've ridden an actual Ferris Wheel (West Coast Wheel here at Playland doesn't really count),

I would love to get to the park just for a ride on that, and see if it still scares me, lol.

And the bumper cars. And the Rock-O-Plane, too.

^ I liked Psycho Squirrel, myself.

I just realized, I'll have to highjack our car, for at least three days.

For a good Oaks visit. Hmmm. The hus-bear won't be happy.

I'll leave a lengthy note.

That event looks pretty cool. I'm impressed.

Bill, there's always Amtrak. March 23-25 is $115 round trip VAC-PDX. No idea how easy Oaks is to get to on public transit, since I've never been to Portland. Google transit's giving some circuitous routes that involve over a mile of walking, so I'm inclined to think not easy. Fortunately, Uber exists.

If I get into the event, I'll probably take an Amtrak bus to Portland and then a taxi or rideshare-thingy to the park. I've never, after much research, found a convenient public transit route for any day or time.

Unfortunately, I never saw a ticket link for the event yesterday. Unless they just happen to be a day late for some reason, I may have to think of a plan B (possibly not opening day?). I'll definitely buy a ticket if I'm able to.

^^^ That's true, about taking the train down. I was actually just kidding about taking the car. I think I still would

take a car down, as the drive on I-5 is so easy to do, and I had driven to Portland (and past it) many times in

the past. And there's a few cheap motels just before Portland itself, so no prob there in getting a reasonable

room for a night or two.

Thanks for reminding me about the train, Andrew. But I still have stuff in town that can't be re-scheduled, etc.

So that weekend is still a no-go.

Thanks for reminding me about the train, Andrew. But I still have stuff in town that can't be re-scheduled, etc.

So that weekend is still a no-go.

Yeah, I remembered you had enjoyed the train to WCB. Eh, you'll get to this eventually. It's not likely to go anywhere soon. Those Eurofighters are a lot of fun.

....It's not likely to go anywhere soon.

Just remembered.

Aren't we (The West Coast) way overdue for an earthquake... or something like that?

"Cascadia Subduction Zone"

the roller coaster will likely still be standing afterwards, although some of the bridges the Amtrak train uses might not be functional afterwards

the road bridge next to Oaks Park was just replaced, since it was clearly insufficiently strong to withstand seismic shocks

That event looks pretty cool. I'm impressed.

Bill, there's always Amtrak. March 23-25 is $115 round trip VAC-PDX. No idea how easy Oaks is to get to on public transit, since I've never been to Portland. Google transit's giving some circuitous routes that involve over a mile of walking, so I'm inclined to think not easy. Fortunately, Uber exists.

trimet.org offers several easy options between Union Station (Amtrak) and Oaks Park.

Most of the bus options involve walking about a kilometer, either from 17th Street on the east side, or across the new bridge across the Willamette River (scenic). The 17th St option passes numerous coffeehouses, restaurants and New Seasons, a chain of local grocery stores with awesome natural (and unnatural) food. I like to eat like that AFTER riding, or at least get something as a picnic (Oaks has scenic spots along the river).

The fanciest public transit trip is to take the Orange (Milwaukie) line from Union Station to SE Tacoma stop. It's maybe a mile and a half, but it's a pleasant walk (past the coffeehouses, too) along Tacoma Street, which is two lanes. No transfers required.

http://trimet.org/#planner/results/from=UNION+STATION+AMTRAK+DEPOT%3A%3A45.528405%2C-122.676623&to=SE+Oaks+Park+Way+%26+SE+Spokane+St%2C+Portland%3A%3A45.465042%2C-122.661934&mode=RAIL%2CTRAM%2CSUBWAY%2CFUNICULAR%2CGONDOLA%2CWALK&hour=9&minute=11&ampm=am&month=3&day=24&walk=3219&optimize=QUICK&arr=D

Bus options (35 route or 19 route - 35 involves walking on the bridge across the river, 19 involves a little longer walk, past the restaurants)

http://trimet.org/#/planner/results/itin_num=1&from=UNION%20STATION%20AMTRAK%20DEPOT::45.528405,-122.676623&to=SE%20Oaks%20Park%20Way%20%26%20SE%20Spokane%20St,%20Portland::45.465042,-122.661934&Hour=9&Minute=11&AmPm=am&month=3&day=24&year=2018&Walk=3219&Arr=D&min=TRANSFERS&mode=TRANSIT,WALK

• 1 month later...