TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PowerPark Discussion Thread

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've now ridden it over 10 times, and it's amazing. It keeps getting better and better, the best thing is that it's not a one-thrick coaster, the layout is very well done and it delivers airtime or hangtime in almost every element of the ride. The helixes are also taken at a very good pace. In the middleseats it's more smooth, on the outside it feels a bit wilder. especially the dive loop into the tunnel and the barrel roll after that delivers some kickass hangtime.

anyone else got to test it yet? someone planning to go test it this summer?

I've now ridden it over 10 times, and it's amazing. It keeps getting better and better, the best thing is that it's not a one-thrick coaster, the layout is very well done and it delivers airtime or hangtime in almost every element of the ride. The helixes are also taken at a very good pace. In the middleseats it's more smooth, on the outside it feels a bit wilder. especially the dive loop into the tunnel and the barrel roll after that delivers some kickass hangtime.

That is great news!

If everything goes well, I'll be testing Junker in a week, but I also have another trip coming in the end of July. Can't wait to get to ride it! Maybe the time of Tornado's title as the best coaster in Finland is over?

Full photo report expected!

• 2 weeks later...

Last Saturday I got to test Junker and I got to say: Tornado has been de-throned as Finland's best rollercoaster (finally after so many years)!

My analysis of the ride:

The rolling launch has a nice punch and tophat is filled with ejector airtime. The first hill before the non-inverting dive-loop-thingy-lingy provides the first chance to fill your lungs again with air. Then it's go time again, since the twisting dive really took me surprise with its forces! Hang-time loop (Finnish loop, I believe it's called ) really provides fun hang time but not too extreme to scare. Overbank before MCBR is also fun and has a super smooth pullout. Exit from MCBR has another pop of ejector before the funky overbanked, which feels very disorienting since it has many little twists in different directions right after another, but because of heartlining and sustained G-forces you don't feel the twists at all, you just kinda see the world spin around you. Following twists and airtime hump have a nice roll to them as well as the dive loop under the water. The gem of the ride IMO is the final barrel roll, which has asymmetric entry and exit making it very disorienting with the speed its taken at!

Layout is very solid and one of my favourites, since it has a very good flow and almost zero dull moments (the only breather moment aside MCRB is the first half of the double loop since it doesn't provide airtime). Cars are minimalistic and there's nothing to limit your view. My feet were dangling although I'm quite tall (186cm), the seats are comfortable and spacey but the edge of the seats can dig a bit into the back of your thighs if you get stapled by the (comfortable) lap bars. The lack of OTSR's makes me happy and the ejector moments really feel like you're going to get ejected from the car! I couldn't find any differences in riding in the front or the back, but naturally the inner seats made a much smoother and heartlined ride than the outer seats. Front right was my favourite since all the rolls (especially the final barrel roll) feel very out-of-control and provide surprising laterals! Someone could say the lack of lateral support on the seats adds discomfort when riding in the outer seats, but I however like my rides forceful!

The area is still a bit barren, but the water body and the ride station are just beautiful! Also the interaction with the bridge and the restaurant shows a good design. They have three cars but ran only two: it wasn't a crowded day and the ride-ops didn't need to rush the loading and so the other car was already in the final brakes when the next one dispatched. Queue time was about 15mins.

11.jpg.6aeff23c5f505cc0d3af93b3f88d4878.jpg

Overview.

12.jpg.c2fff295e23425254dabf3ba777c4dc6.jpg

13.jpg.06a8d1ff98a02ea34925a015e07cf894.jpg

14.jpg.f58e7633b3b0c46a432c9555b3f7f74f.jpg

Looking up.

15.jpg.238c98a5cea32bc5c4d541305ba93903.jpg

Didn't forget you Larry ;)

16.jpg.b2ba0a06d98580a40aa13d018874b966.jpg

Station. Looks nice and the sloping queue provides new angles to the ride.

17.jpg.ab66f2a53e12a2aa72d43c3c757be268.jpg

Exit side of the station.

18.jpg.4d3a5a19cbc711db46959c92573c3c7e.jpg

Empty queue is a beaty to look at :)

19.jpg.08b3253a9e8b1b842279dd239f4f49c3.jpg

Back of the train and the loading position. The lights in the back don't light up like Karacho's though, which is a shame...

20.jpg.1400f608d85d0d0cc337ac1dfa29b13f.jpg

The maintenance area below is huge!

21.jpg.e340122a516bf0873aae62a6b66edc0f.jpg

You guessed it; through the trees!

22.jpg.2dffb7da02c0579179145a51d76cace2.jpg

That silhouette is just so pretty

23.jpg.d4957bbd0732cc82a64ecc102cafd706.jpg

My favourite part of the ride

24.jpg.65f1b858ed4085f9bfc648caa3fb2e4a.jpg

The double loop is quite high

25.jpg.ee6f655d7b8232a81cabbc18ab1fc057.jpg

26.jpg.a7b0175cd4ec95c6b99f56c9d8c1c70c.jpg

27.jpg.ad0ee0405c593adec7f9773b03f09fe4.jpg

Twisteeeh!

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I visited the park directly two (or three?) days after opening of Junker and meet the Gerstlauer guy who build it together. It was a great pleasure to talk to him - until the news about the Smiler-accident arrives us. But with all the interview questions I write (one and a half year ago) my - sorry - german report for Airtimers.com. So, here for the German-speaking people: http://airtimers.com/junker-powerpark/0030919/

Bigger pictures? Of course >> https://rcdb.com/12027.htm

• 3 years later...

The new Gerstlauer is looking interesting. Apparently it's going to be without inversions and focused on airtime. At first there was a weird rumour going around that the park was going to extend Junker, but it is a new stand alone ride.

9593466d1577535492-2015-neuheit-junker-launched-infinity-coaster-gerstlauer-powerpark-finnland-0ksdsh4w.jpg

Source

• 4 weeks later...

Another new image has popped up of PowerPark's new coaster, this time of its crazy weird twisted top hat. From the rollercoasters subreddit.

h7e2iwzjpyd41.png

I saw this on social media and was very intrigued. I thought it was an extension at first too (since the color schemes are identical and they are right next to each other). Are we sure it isn't? Even if it's not, this whole project is pretty strange (but in a good way!).

The original rumor was that they were going to hack up Junker but in reality they're just building another coaster with a similar color scheme.

Another new image has popped up of PowerPark's new coaster, this time of its crazy weird twisted top hat. From the rollercoasters subreddit.

h7e2iwzjpyd41.png

I saw this on social media and was very intrigued. I thought it was an extension at first too (since the color schemes are identical and they are right next to each other). Are we sure it isn't? Even if it's not, this whole project is pretty strange (but in a good way!).

The original rumor was that they were going to hack up Junker but in reality they're just building another coaster with a similar color scheme.

Holy.... That looks amazing.

• 5 months later...