TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PowerPark Discussion Thread

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is so fast and twisty! There seems to be little to no trim on MCBR which is even better than Karacho! Everything looks perfect on this ride, great job Gerstlauer!
Since these were the first test runs, I'm sure the Trims were off. I've never been truly impressed with any Gerstlauer Coaster, but this one I am. The elements and pacing are great and it looks darn fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for double posting, but a small press event aired today on TV. It has a small interview with the park's technical supervisor and you can see a bit of the inside of the station as well as POV of the ride (although a bit potato-quality). The interview is in finnish and it's mostly about the construction process and testing, some specs about the track and the ride's effect on human body. In the end of the video the reporter agrees with the tech supervisor that the ride is intense but very smooth.

Check out the video (POV starts at 2:56)

Looks great! I haven't followed the construction of this ride very closely so it was fun to watch the POV without really knowing the layout in advance. Should be a fantastic addition to PowerPark!

Wow that POV was just terrible and I can't believe it gives a good representation of the ride. Im sure it does ride great and will do well for the park though.

Yeah it wasn't great. And the speed wasn't quite there yet but the ride looks fun and has a great layout. It should do well.

Junker is a great ride. The acceleration is fast, the airtime on the top hat is amazing, the HUGE loop around Kwai Bridge has a lot of hangtime, but my favorite part of the ride is the drop after the MCBR, it feels like the floor suddenly got removed under your feets, the turnaround (doesn't remember what it's called) is smooth, and I love that twisted airtime hill before you dive into the half loop and into the tunnel under the water, then straight into a intense barrel roll and the final helix.

The ride is long, you feel like your flying of the seat 4-5 times in that minute, and some pretty serious hangtime in the loop and barrel roll, and it's a very smooth ride. It's operating with 2 cars at the moment, but the park has got 4 cars. The third will probably operate later in the summer. I thought the best seats where in the middle in the front.

Junker is great.

HUGE amount of airtime and hangtime, the acceleration is fast and the ride is very smooth. Best seats in the middle of the front row. My favorite part was from the MCBR to the final helix, it packs a great drop, a smooth turnaround, a crazy twisted airtime hill, diveloop into the tunnel under the water and ends with a barrel roll with some intense hangtime.

The hang time in the loop and that drop off of the midcourse looks fantastic. Great looking ride, I really wish some more American parks would find a way to build these Eurofighters (yes I know there are a few out there, but some more would be nice!).