• Walibi Belgium
    • Holiday Park
    • Walibi Holland
    • Bobbejaanland
    • Legoland Billund
    • Blackpool Pleasure Beach
    • Toverland
    • Other (Please specify)

I need some help from you guys. We're planning a little theme-park based show on a (tiny) local TV network and I'd love to have some numbers to fiercely throw around.....and there's undoubtedly no better place to ask. So, let's hear it, what's your favorite theme park in Europe? You may select up to two parks.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Europapark because of the quality of rides, theming, hotels, food, shows, the attention to detail, how the park caters so well for literally every age group, the fact they seem to care about the little touches that other parks wouldn't bother with, how neat and tidy everything is, how well run all the rides are etc etc.

Honourable mention to Phantasialand which although small I think has even better theming than Europa Park and some incredible rides.

PortAventura is good, but it's tatty around the edges and the operations are really poor. Efteling is a really nice park actually, I really enjoyed my last visit, but while Europapark is top tier, I think Efteling is the next level down. It's really beautiful though with some great rides. None of the British parks are exceptional in my opinion, although Blackpool is really clean and full of little gems.

What I love about Europe is how many 'small' parks there are that are really starting to wow me, parks like Hansapark, Toverland etc. Also I love the city center parks like Liseberg, Tivoli Gardens etc. I'm not a fan of Merlin or Walibi parks though.

Liseberg. Not only because my fav coaster Helix is there, but also because the park is very beautiful, operations are fast and customer service is very friendly (and Swedishly beautiful if you're into that kind of thing )

I also voted for Heide Park because we stayed in the Abenteuerhotel, and really liked it! Also an hour of ERT is a good reason to stay at any park hotel.

Efteling for me. It's got a fantastic charm to it and a great selection of rides. Not the best for thrill-seekers, but an all round brilliant park otherwise.

Europa Park is an extremely close second for me, and honourable mentions go to Phantasialand and Disneyland Paris.

Thanks for the great replies so far. The fact that Europa is mentioned that often even without having a bunch of standout rides speaks volumes. Seems like other things (theming in particular) are just as important to theme park enthusiasts. If only Phantasialand had the approval to expand the park....oh boy