TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point vs. Magic Mountain

i wonder when were finally going to have to rip out something big to put somthing else in

I think few people would have problems with ripping out psyclone or flashback for a new ride. ... Maybe even Colossus if it continies the way it is.

agreed, i never said i'd MISS the ride. Besides tear out psyclone and you have a perfect spot for an intamin woodie, I assume they own a LITTLE land behind the park, and if not, relocate the Gokarts.

google maps, i love you!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this debate. It never gets old. Never. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Gets Old.

^I agree 100%

SpartanTS gave an unbiased opinion yet has a CP avatar hanging in the background I just find that funny

Anways I'll take SFGADv over both of them, but since this topic is about CP vs. SFMM I'll take SFMM

FYI, and not that anyone would know...

I had that avatar "BEFORE" I visited Cedar Point. My first visit was this past August 11-12. Not that it matters, but I just had to put that out there.

BTW, I DO NOT live close to either park now. I'm a 4 hour flight away from SFMM and 8 hour drive away from CP.

I once lived near SFMM, and I can say that from visiting CP once, it is the better park.

Clearly this is subjective, but if you visited CP and SFMM back to back, you can make your own decision.

Um, yeah, they have construction markers and footers around Revolution, so that gives me reason to believe that a demolition might be on the way. But maybe I'm stupid.

your just stupid... jk, those markers are for Tatsu!

but seriously, do people just read the title and immediatly post 'I THINK _____ IS BETTER CUZ this, and this, and this!?

READ THE FIRST POST!

anyhoo, It seems that these two parks, for one reason or another, have stopped their coaster wars. Both of these parks havn't put in a new ride in awhile.

I'm, just wondering how high the count can get, i see places for rollercoasters at SFMM, but not so much at CP, i wonder when were finally going to have to rip out something big to put somthing else in, one thing is for sure, were only a few coasters away.

Yeah, but that'd be kind of weird to have Tatsu interwining with Revolution...

i say sfmm ties cp, an sbno coaster doesn't count when a its walled off and hidden from public. 2 hasn't attempted to run in years. and 3 i could see no signs of trains on track or anything that would make me belive it would ever operate again.

the only agument you may have is that it's on the map still. and on property.

i don't see cp doing a scream, there not into parking spaces as theming, heck they could make the ride a little more intresting if they still used the spaces under the ride.

Yeah, I felt the same way when this thread opened. *Most* do end up in flames. But you notice that, that sites majority age group is probably 9-16. Or as it seems. Now I'm not saying that everyone in that age catagory is going to be immature. But I think that at TPR most people are mature enough to handle this thread. Thanks for your posts about that; let everyone know what usually happens.

_six

Best. Post. Ever.

1. sfmm is WAY more prestigous.

2. sfmm has been in dozens of movies

3. more people come to magic mountain because it is close to hollywood

4. cp has been around for way longer, and it only took a park that almost

whent bankrupt a few years to beat it.

5. sfmm has an AWSOME atmosphere.

6. sfmm is an Xtreme Park

7. sfmm makes quality rides, TTD was just an attempt to beat sfmm

8. sfmm is more for the whole family, instead of dry thrills.

9. sfmm has a water park

10. sfmm has attracted a lot of celebrities

11. Gemini is a steel coaster diguised as a woodie.

12. sfmm has lots of room to expand, cp is crammed as it is.

13. sfmm is in a very good location.

14. lots of quality restaurants and gift shops.

15. flashback is the first rollercoaster to have space dives

16. sfmm is open year round

17. roaring rapids is the first white-water rapids ride.

18. sfmm is very heavily themed

19. X is the first multidimensional coaster.

20. viper has the world's tallest loop

21. finally, i am sick of arguing. Admit it bowserjoe, you where wrong!

Some Ppl are SOOO protective of their coasters. ttd and kk probably wouldn't be around if supuerman the escape hadn't discovered how to break the 100mph barrier. You also have to remember that superman was made in the 90's! It held the record for such a long time, ttd held the record for less than 2 years! It took almost a decade before Cedar Point took superman's glory. Magic Mountain, unlike Cedar Point, is willing to use prototype coasters (X, Revolution, Superman), cedar point's coasters are just recycled ideas with some revisions.

OMG, has Wally seen this yet? Talk about being protective of your coasters, all 3 were made by the same firm! And since when does 'supuerman' break the 100mph barrier?

Going back to look for more nuggets of wisdom...