TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are There Really Any Bad New Coasters?

I've noticed a trend recently, have any larger coasters been made in this decade (2010-on) that honestly suck? (because I know there is some crap going into tiny parks/overseas)

Of course there are mediocre or underwhelming coasters, but from what I've seen its nothing like what Vekoma was churning out from the late 80s to the mid 2000s.

There has been an extreme push for increasing rider comfort, from many Vekomas receiving new trains/restraints, B&M converting their stand ups and the creation of their vest restraints, Mack and Intamin essentially using only lap bars for a vast majority of their coasters, etc.

And now Vekoma seems to be becoming a truly good coaster manufacturer, where a decent amount of people wanted a Vekoma hyper over an Intamin hyper. Premier Rides has become even more smooth since Skyrocket. RMC is taking some of the crappiest wooden coasters and making them into masterpieces. B&M stepped up to make Fury and Leviathan. Gerstlauer has gotten better since the introduction of the Infinity Coaster and make even better Euro Fighters. S&S is making a decent amount of coasters, and they are pretty good.

New coasters were all over the board from incredible to awful from as late as the 2000s, and have gone to good/okay to incredible, and if the quality margin continues to shrink at this rate, I can't wait to see what manufacturers have in store for us!

Some may say that Six Flags cloning their 4D free spins over and over is awful, although it is disappointing that not every park gets a unique coaster, it's Six Flags. They could honestly chose a worse ride to clone, they are cheap, marketable, relatively unique, and take up very little land.

Anyways, any bad recent coasters anyone can think of? (mainly in US and Europe parks)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything made by Vekoma, in the US.

You may want to consider actually reading the thread before commenting. The question was "are there really any bad NEW coasters" and the post went into more detail explaining that we're primarily talking about coasters built this decade.

The only Vekoma rides built in the U.S. that fit this criteria are kids and family coasters with the most notable being Freedom Flyer and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, two rides that everyone generally enjoys. We're not talking about old, crappy Vekoma rides. We're talking about bad NEW coasters. You know... the title of the thread.

Green_Lantern_First_Flight_at_Six_Flags_Magic_Mountain_%2813208018434%29.jpg

Oh my god! Made me laugh so hard that I just scrolled down a few cm from the top of the page and saw just a small bit of green track and knew exactly what was coming! For me, a really bad ride has to be Saw. Seriously too rough. Sometimes it is alright and you can get a good ride, but far too often you get abused once you hit the bottom of the first big drop and beyond.

P3284963.thumb.JPG.55df1e6e8ad28c2298f30ad581d2f216.JPG

Owww

. . . For me, a really bad ride has to be Saw. Seriously too rough. Sometimes it is alright and you can get a good ride, but far too often you get abused once you hit the bottom of the first big drop and beyond.

It's Saw: The Ride... Part of the theming, and experience is the abuse in how rough the ride is. . . "Are you strong enough to make it through the abuse?? Let the games begin!"